Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Booked an appointment with them, went there thinking of getting more knowledge and info regarding renovation and their portfolio. Reached there first impression not so bad until some guy by the name of Jayson See approached to assist us. His first question was, have u guys gotten ur keys? We said no and his expressions change immediately. He gave us straight rough prices of their package and unwillingly answered some of our questions. Conclusion hospitality zero, friendliness zero, passion zero, deal Hunger hundred. He did not even offer us to take a sit and indirectly chased us away. Last but not least I will not recommend 3D innovations if you have not get your keys, because they will not bother to entertain you if you are not deal potential. Good luck with your 45K quote for a 4 room standard BTO without knowing what your customer wants first.. :( Very typical ID company, they will expect you to be ready to spend. If you are not, find a more friendly and approachable company.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

One of the IDs from 3D Innovations contacted me via WhatsApp. He got my contact when I requested for a quote via a website, where any ID companies can see the requests and contact for quotes. He included some pictures of completed renos before I even replied to his message. But in one of the pictures, there was a watermark of another competitor ID company. When I asked him if both companies are related, he said no and asked why? He commented another customer also asked the same question. When I told him of the watermark, he remarked that the picture was sent by his customer and he sent random pictures for me to view.

I am surprised that the random pictures are not 100% theirs. In the end, I didn't meet up with him.

Another experience is that, after this incident, I went for my 1st appointment at HDB Hub. After the appointment, I walked past 3D Innovations office opposite HDB Hub. I was browsing through their portfolio outside the shop. There was one guy inside the shop and there was no other customer. He saw me but did not come out at all. So I guess, some ID companies are not hungry.

i met Gene from 3D innovations a number of times. he's been nice, very responsive. but also very, very pushy. there's another thread i wrote in about this. so the GST thing is a major issue for people on a tight budget, i.e. me. and for our quote, the GST amounts to $1,500. i can do aLOT of things with $1,500. e.g., i can buy the bathroom fittings, i can buy lights and fans, i can buy a sofa and a dining set. we repeatedly requested Gene to waive the GST but of course he won't be able to because it's not in his hands. anyway so yesterday he said that he got his various contacts to reduce his prices here there and everywhere. i appreciate his effort, but it also makes me feel like i'm super pathetic and he's doing a huuuuge favour to me. i don't want to enter into a contract with an id who thinks he's doing a huge favour on me i think. and he also keeps telling us to respond quickly and seal the deal. but yeah... we are still taking our time and thinking.

Hi Scarlett,

Maybe he wanted to help. for my case he do help me a lot on cost savings for Reno. also help me in things that are not in his Reno like when I buy lights from taobao, curtains from JB, I ask him to help collect the delivery at my house he do it without any questions. Paintings he also helped me painted n retouch 3 times without any charge. Installing of doorknob, magnetic door stopper, ikea mirror top, chimneys all he did it without charges at all. Then he also help clean my house himself even after the cleaners have left because to ask them to clean again it's another charge. Efforts he had put in makes me appreciate a lot. From bishan to punggol, to n fro.. Even when I wanted to pay him his can fare he also dun want. These are the little things that he does which are out of the job scope. Anyway most important is u are happy with who ever u work with. :). I guess everyone have pros n cons. Ya his paper work is messy haha. So far I see those 3d guys quite alrite n friendly too. Getting a new house should be happy, so do work with the one u feel comfortable with. All d best! :)

thanks jimmya :) you're the one who gave me gene's contact, so thanks! do you have a reno blog or photos of your place? just wanna see the work quality etc. you could PM me.