Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Relacker

List Here - Top Boring Copy Cat Renovations Ideas And Home Appliances Ideas ( Dun Do It If You Do Not Wan To Be Bore)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I apologise if I sounded arrogant or anything like that. When I said I agreed to the list, it is cos I do see more and more people using those products or styles. I didn't mean to put anyone down or upset anyone etc.

Even though brick walls are not for me, I do see some stunning homes here with brick walls or Scandinavian theme houses. If it fits your theme and house, and you like it. Why not? For modern classic, I do see that more people are liking that design. That is why I used the word trend. Don't get me wrong either. I love modern classic design.

Just to share. When my family renovated our previous house (that was like more than 20 years ago), I was quite involved with the process. That time, trends were very different. Laminates were limited choice, kitchen tops too etc. Who also knew that track lights, which are used in those days in museums or stores would be used in homes now. More 10 years ago, my family renovated their current home. We also engaged an ID. I don't think there were Renotalk forums yet? And again we went with what the ID chose for us.

Right now with Renotalk and social media etc, more people are sharing their beautiful homes and tips. It was through Renotalk that I know of Kompacplus. I must say it is an alternative to the usual materials. If it fits the look of the house, why not? It is also through Renotalk I know of quartz material, which I use for my kitchen. Else I would only know solid surface and granite.

Also a little joke. My parents (who are in their late 60s), often say "au meh ka". They are referring to laminates. I always wondered what they meant. Only till recently I found out, they meant Formica! Which is the brand of laminates widely used many years back. I believe at that time they were the market leader. Now more people (I think) uses Lamitak.

I am glad that many people shared their renovation process here. I got a lot of tips from here, so that I would not make the same mistakes etc. Many people buy from TB. I also didn't know how to use it, until quite recently, and I bought two retro looking fans from there. Am quite happy with it, as I was looking for something a bit retro looking.

Like I said trends change, becos people taste will change and also technology will advance. New types of building materials will emerge and more people will start using them. Like LED lights, Kompacplus etc. I am also amazed by the array of laminates now. Even my dad said that there were scratches on my wardrobe. Actually it is the design of the laminates! HA!

I also use Blum, Hansgrohe. I also have a cage light. It is because right now it is quite common in the market. Who knows maybe in 10 to 20 years time there might be another brand that will emerge and a lot of people will use that brand. Like Lamitak. The company was started in 2001.

I decided recently to also start my own t-blog. Not to boast about my house etc. But to give back to the community and share my experiences. Hopefully some people will find it useful and use the tips in their own house.

Yes keep sharing all your renovation process and photos. I am still reading most of them (when I have the time), as I am still learning and want to know more!

Thank you all for sharing.

I must say I do agree with you to some points. When the Scandinavian theme first appeared, I quite liked it. Then more and more people decided to renovate their house to that theme, it became very repetitive. Especially the brick wall. I guess the rest of it is just trends. At some point the trend will fade away, and something else will emerge. I believe right now modern classic is the trend.

As for Blum and Hansgrohe, I have to admit I am guilty of it. Of course there are other brands out there, but these two brands are the popular ones and perhaps perceived as reliable. Again.... Is that a trend too? Unless something else comes along.....

you forgot to mention the white blinds and those black framed doors/windows for the study room lol. 9/10 people who have the typical scandi/industrial theme would use that as well. i also don't like those turquoise/yellow fabric sofas with skinny wooden legs and arm rest that people with scandi themes love. it feels like you cannot relax and sit comfortably in those. like this :

14-028-sp1.jpg?_ex=128x128

then again its only the locals who adopt that kind of "look". if you google for scandi/nordic interiors, the main color is no doubt white but still very tastefully done, those angmoh ones. i'm also very sick of those local scandi theme, so sick that i longer read interior mags like i used to. then again i can understand why its so popular because our flats are so small nowadays, white is the only color that will make your house look bigger. no comments about the blum/grohe la, blum is inside cabinet so can't see anyway. if you wanna talk about kompacplus then should you also penalize people who use caesarstone for solid surfaces or lamitak for laminates? no right?

hello, i am new here and love to read about renotalk and have gotten alot of new ideas for my new place (rented, no money to buy own pad!). Used to be a silent reader but hope i can contribute some info to all too.

Lots of things to do but keep the conversation and stories coming!

yeah, seen alot of those black framed doors/windows.

Those ID also like to cut and paste template so all lookalike. they will all give u a similar template if u dun like u can suggest but the generally it s the same with minor customisations

you forgot to mention the white blinds and those black framed doors/windows for the study room lol. 9/10 people who have the typical scandi/industrial theme would use that as well. i also don't like those turquoise/yellow fabric sofas with skinny wooden legs and arm rest that people with scandi themes love. it feels like you cannot relax and sit comfortably in those. like this :

14-028-sp1.jpg?_ex=128x128

then again its only the locals who adopt that kind of "look". if you google for scandi/nordic interiors, the main color is no doubt white but still very tastefully done, those angmoh ones. i'm also very sick of those local scandi theme, so sick that i longer read interior mags like i used to. then again i can understand why its so popular because our flats are so small nowadays, white is the only color that will make your house look bigger. no comments about the blum/grohe la, blum is inside cabinet so can't see anyway. if you wanna talk about kompacplus then should you also penalize people who use caesarstone for solid surfaces or lamitak for laminates? no right?

Hi, I realised this t-blog existed yesterday so came to check it out for myself. I'm calling out the originator for this main point:

Renotalk, as far as I can tell, has Always functioned as a community and support group. This place is just about the most helpful and encouraging spaces I've had the privilège of participating in. Your t-blog seems to be the antithesis to these. Why would you come here to bash features which people love and are proud of? At best, you wish to have a more discerning populace. But there are more edifying ways to go about that.

I'm really glad renotalkers in general have kept the spirit of respect and solidarity even in this t-blog. And really, starting a t-blog inviting renotalkers to criticise others, then going around the community asking for help- let's just say, utilise the helpfulness of renotalkers if you want, but give back positively also can?

Thanks, and I hope you'll one day see the grest gift in rejoicing with those who rejoice, and commiserating with the disappointed, even in a little online forum like Renotalk. All the best to you, and I sincerely wish the best for your own home renovation. Peace.

I have to agree with you on this. This blog has been amazing and people are kind and helpful.and it is wrong to decide what is good and bad as long as they like it..,) I have gain lots of information and short cuts to the renovation because of the people here who are willing to share.

I have brick wall too so I have join the crowd as well . And I have bought my hob because someone posted their purchase and I like it and I asked them for reference so aboslutely with you on this.

Well said and I apologise for sounding like offstandish. We all know what makes a home and it's definitely not the renovation, it just add to the joy of owning a home ;)so let's go back to renovating our little nest

Haha I am looking forward to your home!!! I'm sure it will be beautiful, too.

That said, RT is only a handful of renovators la...

One BTO estate so many houses, we also don't know what their theme is. Maybe the trends are more prominent on RT that's all!

And I agree with Peachy, this forum is so positive and so much fun! There are forums for negativity but this one is defo not one. Irs encouraging, supportive and open!

Hi Peachydurians,

Well said! Most of the comments and posts started by the originator of this post are quite negative. No need to be sour grape towards people who choose to spend more on quality products, and put down on people who choose to buy from Taobao. BLUM Hinges and fittings are some of the finest in the market, if budget allows why not! (IKEA kitchen cabinets uses BLUM tandembox drawers and hinges btw). Online shopping is HUGE in China, even my shanghainese friend/ex colleague who works in a top management position in a Scandinavian MNC buys from Taobao. I discovered renotalk slightly less than three years ago, midway during my renovation work for a 5rm resale flat. This is a great community with diversed experience and the t-bloggers contribute greatly by sharing their renovation experience and finds here. Back then I get to know of a number of very popular t-bloggers who mix their Taobao loots with custom made furnitures and quality fixtures with great success.

Keep calm and carry on sharing. Om Shanti

Edited by sarah833

I have always like reading this Forum, though my renovation was some seven years ago. It had always been, and still is, very informative. It is a place where we get to share, learn and 'letting steam off' when reno works are not going well. It helps the renovation process easier. In a community with the same objective, it renders to uplift the joy of owning a home.

Getting a theme for a house is uniquely personal. It can possibly be one man's meat is another man's poison but that does not mean there's a standard definitive right thing Taste, afterall, is individualistic exclusive. Taste often follows the flow of time and simply trending to stay relevant. Is it "freaking boring" and "nauseating"? Aren't we all unique individuals with different preferences? The bottom-line is about affordability and one has to be realistic about it. What's paramount is the joy - the energy of the house and Home-Sweet-Home, that owners feel/get.

While theme can differ, choosing for the right renovation materials is all about reliability. Blum/Groher/Hansgroher is about reliability and performance. It is not about "doing the same thing that its beginning to be nauseating". What can be nauseating is when a product that immediately fails just after few months, just so to speak.

Perhaps, the words "freaking boring" and "nauseating" are inappropriately used considerin:

a. The costs of renovation that's usually a big concern for many of us here.

b. When such renovation materials are deemed bona fide, reliable and trending accordingly to the time.

Just my thoughts.

Well done peachydurian haha.. well said.. thanks everyone who are postive and share useful ideas :) so far renotalk has been a great place to make friends and kakis haha.. :) peace too :) YOLO.

Hi, I realised this t-blog existed yesterday so came to check it out for myself. I'm calling out the originator for this main point:

Renotalk, as far as I can tell, has Always functioned as a community and support group. This place is just about the most helpful and encouraging spaces I've had the privilège of participating in. Your t-blog seems to be the antithesis to these. Why would you come here to bash features which people love and are proud of? At best, you wish to have a more discerning populace. But there are more edifying ways to go about that.

I'm really glad renotalkers in general have kept the spirit of respect and solidarity even in this t-blog. And really, starting a t-blog inviting renotalkers to criticise others, then going around the community asking for help- let's just say, utilise the helpfulness of renotalkers if you want, but give back positively also can?

Thanks, and I hope you'll one day see the grest gift in rejoicing with those who rejoice, and commiserating with the disappointed, even in a little online forum like Renotalk. All the best to you, and I sincerely wish the best for your own home renovation. Peace.

Haha I am looking forward to your home!!! I'm sure it will be beautiful, too.

That said, RT is only a handful of renovators la...

One BTO estate so many houses, we also don't know what their theme is. Maybe the trends are more prominent on RT that's all!

And I agree with Peachy, this forum is so positive and so much fun! There are forums for negativity but this one is defo not one. Irs encouraging, supportive and open!

Well done peachydurian haha.. well said.. thanks everyone who are postive and share useful ideas :) so far renotalk has been a great place to make friends and kakis haha.. :) peace too :) YOLO.

Why here no like button? Well said guys,

I really love RT because I really learn lots of things and trick from lots of people,

For me a home is your own vision, and how it make you feel good each time you are home.

There is nothing boring about it, if your house are similar to some others, as long you are happy thats matters.

Well said guys. Likewise, I felt that the thread was started pretty negatively. One man's thrash is another man's treasure. There is no need to put others down just because the ideas are overly subscribed. What is important is that they are comfortable and happy with their homes. I would really love to see what ideas ts has for his home.

Well said guys. Likewise, I felt that the thread was started pretty negatively. One man's thrash is another man's treasure. There is no need to put others down just because the ideas are overly subscribed. What is important is that they are comfortable and happy with their homes. I would really love to see what ideas ts has for his home.

Well said Peachydurians!
I also notice that some of TS posts are quite negative anyway, it boils down to our own preference.as long as the owners are happy, that's all matters. ultimately, you will not be the one living in there.

i would love to see how would TS house look like. :rolleyes:

There is no right or wrong style in home renovation. It's about meeting the budget & needs. Most importantly, you go back home & feel relaxed & at peace with yourself. Your own sanctuary.

There is no right or wrong style in home renovation. It's about meeting the budget & needs. Most importantly, you go back home & feel relaxed & at peace with yourself. Your own sanctuary.

Yes...agreed with u