Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dizzy

Clarification About Dong Tu, Moving In Etc

Hi Mr Chong, new to the forum and read some of your advice.

I will be getting my keys sometime in May. Have gotten a date for "Dong tu" but it is just before the lunar 7th month. Intend to "dong tu" first, break during 7th month and resume reno once 7th month is over, is this ok?

Is it important to get a date to open door cos missed out this part? If so, may have to go back to consult for dates again.

Below is my floorplan and need your advice on my intentions. Intend to hack down abt 1/2 the wall btw MBR and BR3. The other half to breakdown until about 1m from the floor as intend to place bed head against this wall. Based on my measurement, some part of the bed head will under the bay window. The wardrobe will be built along the wall facing the bed, L-shaped, is this ok?

Also intend to seal up the door to MBR, leaving access to MBR thru door to BR3, is this ok? BBR3 will be used for study and probably reading corner.

As for kitchen, intend to breakdown about 1/2 to 2/3 of the wall as intend to place washing machine behind the wall and create a small washing area.

layoutpg8.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hihi,

so moving in furniture and official moving in (human) no need choose good date ?

if u r a Buddhist, there is no need to abide fengshui practises .. if u r a Taoist, then u might need to ... different faiths difft practises ...

hi mr chong,

i also have a similar question to consult you. i won't be doing any wet work for my new place, ie, not hacking and flooring. my place will only be fixing carpentry work, how do i go about this dong tu thingy? my contractor told me that i can simply use the hammer to knock knock here and there during the auspicious hour and this is considered dong tu already.

is it correct?

thanks

hihi,

so moving in furniture and official moving in (human) no need choose good date ?

Hello

After you've done a proper move-in date, the rest of the above is not necessary.

hi mr chong,

i also have a similar question to consult you. i won't be doing any wet work for my new place, ie, not hacking and flooring. my place will only be fixing carpentry work, how do i go about this dong tu thingy? my contractor told me that i can simply use the hammer to knock knock here and there during the auspicious hour and this is considered dong tu already.

is it correct?

thanks

Hello

Yes, you can do away with other dong tu thingy if you want to. But you have to make sure you get the right date and time before you knock and the location also.

Every day is a good day, every time is a good time ~ No day & time will be good with no proper effort. Similarly, every position is a good position.

feel right, happy and righteous effort = best "fengshui"

u r ultimateloy yr own fengshui master

Be a master of yr mind not mastered by mind - The Buddha :dancingqueen:

What is called a Proper Move in ?

I got a date, next Monday Nov 5 for move in, timing 11-1pm or 3-5pm.

I told to bring things like salt, oil, sugar, vinegar, tea leaves etc, then boil water and make a cup of tea to drink will do. So is it cannot be in the house before 3pm (if i take the 3-5pm slot)?