Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Jos

Our Own Creation (W/out Id)

Hi all,

a little introduction.

We applied for a 4 room BTO in 2011

Finally we are collecting our key in 6 days time.

3 block of 38th story project

I already have an idea of how we want our house to be so my wife decided to let

me fully in charge of the renovation with 1 condition. (Walk in wardrobe) while everyone been complaining of such a small 4 room bto, I have to plan it carefully hence hacking a wall cant be avoided and with my beem layout it has make it even more challenging.

For the past 2 months we have been looking around for contractor. Shortlisted 2 of them

1. S.T Design & Contract - Price was good, very creative compare to some ID, response was slow and sometime MIA.

2. Pagoda Building Contractor - Nice guy, understudy by his Dad. 30yrs of experience for his dad. feel comfortable talking with them. Price was Ok. already arranged for another appt after key collection to take exact measurement for final quote and negotiation.

3. ??? Still looking for another quote before deciding.

Floorplan

Entertainment Room.jpg

Kitchen.jpg

Living Room.jpg

Main Door.jpg

Walk way.jpg

WIW.jpg

Edited by Jos
Added photo

• Like 1

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Finally we open up the house with the pineapple rolling, we got the contractor up to the house to take some measurement and discuss some of the design. awaiting for the revise quotation.

image12391191_10207244041673652_1794068303176

12391124_10207218108704146_2621086127444

Edited by Jos

• Like 2

Finally we open up the house with the pineapple rolling, we got the contractor up to the house to take some measurement and discuss some of the design. awaiting for the revise quotation.

Great view you have there!

Will so murder someone for that kinda view.....

Love it and staying tuned in!

Floorplan bedroom 3

While waiting for geomancy appt and final quotation from contractor,

I will share my idea and what I intend to do...

I hope my drawing is not too bad to understand.

Living Room:

As the layout of our floor plan are quite standard among all the BTO, we decided not to stick to the usual layout where 1 side will be the feature wall and the other side will be the sofa follow by the dining table which is either outside the kitchen or near to the main door.

From the pic attached, once enter into the main door will be a bench for us to sit to remove or put on our shoe. Behind the bench, we decided to build a half height brick wall to have a garden concept. Behind the brick wall will also be our TV feature wall. Follow by L shape sofa and dining table. We decided to place the dining table there because there will be noon sun near to the window and I doubt we will use the dining table during noon cos weekend we will be out as we are office hours worker. by evening we can have our dinner there and enjoy the night view also at the same time we can watch the TV too.

Kitchen:

Our kitchen layout is very tradition. So we can forget about open concept, bar counter or breakfast counter. As our kitchen is really small, we decided not to build top cabinet on the cooking side in order for more light to enter into the kitchen and look more spacious. Cooking side only chimney for the top and a dish rack at the corner to cover up the big fat piping. On the other side will be full height cabinet for built in oven, microwave and fridge. The rest are for storage. still considering whether to hack the service yard window and door.

MBR and Bedroom 2

As mention in my first post, my wife only condition is to have walk in wardrobe. hence hacking cant be avoided. Our main bedroom has the best view but we decided to convert our main bedroom to walk in wardrobe. I felt walk in wardrobe should be near to the toilet and also the main bedroom is very small compare to other bedroom. only a small portion of the wall will be hack but door got to change to open to the left instead. And bedroom 2 got to seal up the door. lots of work to be done over here. shall update or elaborate more if any of you are interested....

• Like 1

OMG THE VIEW!!! didn't know u can get such nice view in the west. my aunt stayed in teban gdns for 20 years and i used to live with her, never knew it looked like this.

looking forward to your reno journey! houses done by contractors and without IDs are usually the best looking ones in my opinion!

OMG THE VIEW!!! didn't know u can get such nice view in the west. my aunt stayed in teban gdns for 20 years and i used to live with her, never knew it looked like this.

looking forward to your reno journey! houses done by contractors and without IDs are usually the best looking ones in my opinion!

Hello. Yes I was looking at this unit for the view but sad to say when it was my appt date only left with 26th floor out of 38.

Another blk got a better view but the living room is quite close to another blk. Hopefully I can start my Reno smoothly

Hi Jos!

My fiance and I are searching for contractors for simple renovation to our bto flat which will be ready by next year. Do you mind sharing contacts of your contractor with us?

Thank you!

Hi Jos!

My fiance and I are searching for contractors for simple renovation to our bto flat which will be ready by next year. Do you mind sharing contacts of your contractor with us?

Thank you!

Hi, I have not finalize my contractor yet. Will update soon...

This coming Monday will have my geomancy for audit.

Stay tune...

hi all, it been awhile I post any update,

after my FSM audit, some major change to my layout which I have to get the contractor to re quote me. I decided to engage different contractor for different work so when the existing contractor knew abt it they wasn't too happy and some actually MIA. There is 1 contractor who is very sincere even I deducted so much work from his initial quotation yet he still follow up promptly on my request. My 1st phase of renovation will take place next week.

Work covered next week:

1. Hacking of wall btw mrb and bedrm 2

2. Seal up of existing door at bedrm 2

3. construct mrb toilet kerb

4. construct kitchen cabinet base kerb

5. construct concrete kitchen sink support

6. overlay of mbr toilet

7. HDB to provide cement screed.

with the sudden confirmation of renovation next week, mean that this weekend I got to source for kitchen sink and start visiting tile showroom (Soon Lee Huat @ Toh Guan)

1st encountered:

(HDB cement screed contractor) 1st they told me ok to screed on 11 but after I told them I do not need to top up they told they will try to arrange for me. They sounded not too please when I told them 40mm is enough. They kept asked me to top up the cement screed as they mention 40mm is not enough to lay vinyl flooring else the vinyl wont level with kitchen and I have check with the flooring guy which he mention 40mm is enough. well, right now all I can say is I get the free 40mm screed and get he vinyl flooring guy to examine. if it really not enough I will engage my own contractor to do the top up. I was quoted $980 by HDB contractor and some of my friend told me was highly mark up.(extra money to HDB contractor!?) hopefully not too serious on the 1st bump....

Edited by Jos

Updated 1st batch of my taobao spree...

1. Carpet grass

2. Celling fan

3. celling light

4. toilet light

5. track light w E27 bulb holder

6. store room wall light

7. vanity set

8. wireless controlled RGB light,, LED strip, mrb celling light, wifi controller,

9. Sink & tap

Edited by Jos