Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Jos

Our Own Creation (W/out Id)

PIC will be up soon for my 2nd tb spree. mainly furniture stuff....

electric work, aircon trunking, gas heater to be up next....pic will upload soon....

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

My taobao item finally arrived. 1.82cbm used. paid abt 200 for shipping. 

only 1 item was damaged. Clock. but manage to repair it myself. 

Didnt manage to take all the pic. too dusty. 

IMG_4743.jpg

IMG_4767.jpg

IMG_4764.jpg

IMG_4763.jpg

IMG_4762.jpg

City Gas came to install gas heater and fix up all the piping. fast and efficient and willing to help to drill the wall for a nicer layout of piping

IMG_4754.jpg

Went to Bosch warehouse sales too. nothing much but managed to get this 100pcs drill tool kit at $79

IMG_4711.jpg

Went to Mayer sales and manage to grab the Built in Oven and Chimney. Usual price $899 for each but managed to get it at 459 & 399

IMG_4795.jpg

Fan from JB which is cheaper than Tampoi. Recommended by my friend's malaysia contractor for the local. 

IMG_4692.jpg

IMG_4811.jpg

I have to say im lucky to have gotten this electrician and his worker. work till late and came down on sunday to finish up certain work till 8pm. 

This Indian worker actually told his boss not to charge me extra for certain conceal work as the final result will turn out nicer if to do conceal because i wanted to save some cost but he did it out of goodwill for me. The bill was reasonable and the quote include changing all my switches. now my whole house is conceal. I must say it a tough job for them as i do not have any false ceiling. 

4 minutes ago, teegz said:

Hi Jos,

Can you share how you did the DIY bomb shelter ventilation? Thanks!

Hi, I use the left over stopping compound by my contractor to fill up the wall. (it a big pack like your cement screed pack. if you don have, go to hardware shop to buy ready made. just tell them you need to plaster the wall) 

please note only 1 side can seal up and another side must have ventilation.

seal up is pretty easy. after tat use sand paper to sand smooth, apply sealer and paint the wall.

another side you have to go Kalantan lane hardware shop to get the ventilation cover($3x). after tat unscrew the existing metal cover.

fill up some stopping compound and mount the ventilation cover onto the stopping compound and fill up the remaining gap.

57 minutes ago, teegz said:

Thanks Jos! Looks like I can try to DIY myself, but dunno if ID will allow me to keep the leftover cement.

you can actually just scoop abit into a plastic bag and keep it somewhere. abt 2 small plastic bag should be more than enough. 

and don take the wrong material. it white in color. not cement ok.