Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Jos

Our Own Creation (W/out Id)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
On 7/18/2016 at 8:20 PM, Jos said:

it been awhile i update the blog....it about 90% done. let the pic do the talking...most of the item are DIY or self fix.

Momento paint from Nippon ( i have extra 1 bottle un open. anybody interest pls pm me.) color code is NP82 from cloud pearl series

IMG_5121.JPG

Nice work on this wall! Didn't even consider that we can DIY it as Nippon always states that they need specially trained painters to achieve this effect. :paint:

How long did it take to finish painting this wall, and the entire house?

1 hour ago, kingandbin said:

Nice work on this wall! Didn't even consider that we can DIY it as Nippon always states that they need specially trained painters to achieve this effect. :paint:

How long did it take to finish painting this wall, and the entire house?

This wall just took me 20mins the most to apply the special effect. Entire house took me about 6-10days. I did it on weekend. I was just taking my own time especially on the rainbow passage way. 

On 7/24/2016 at 2:34 AM, Jos said:

This wall just took me 20mins the most to apply the special effect. Entire house took me about 6-10days. I did it on weekend. I was just taking my own time especially on the rainbow passage way. 

Wow 6-10days! :sport-smiley-003: which means about 3-5 whole weekends? Really applaud you for the effort!! Plus it looks well done. I brought up the idea to my husband to diy paint our home but he feels it won't be worth the time and energy. 

Love how vibrant your passageway looks and also your cozy entryway! Your clock on the grassy feature wall reminds me of a mini lawnmower hehe

Edited by kingandbin

1 hour ago, kingandbin said:

Wow 6-10days! :sport-smiley-003: which means about 3-5 whole weekends? Really applaud you for the effort!! Plus it looks well done. I brought up the idea to my husband to diy paint our home but he feels it won't be worth the time and energy. 

Love how vibrant your passageway looks and also your cozy entryway! Your clock on the grassy feature wall reminds me of a mini lawnmower hehe

yes. I have a whole load of time to spare. every weekend im just spending abt 3-4 hours because once i start to feel tired I will just paint even faster and the end result will not be that great.  Time vs Money for painting, I choose time instead haha..because I was quoted 1.3k for 5 colors only. so u can imagine how much I gonna get quoted for the rainbow passage way, special effect living room, color door frame and main door frame and color ceiling for my entertainment room. After I glued the grass onto the wall, it look more like a soccer pitch. perhaps in future I will use the white paint to start drawing out the line and goal post for a change of design.

7 hours ago, Ameliachiaa said:

Can pm the electrician contact? Thank you!

On ‎24‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 9:19 AM, AdelineS said:

can PM the electrician contact? Many thanks!!!

pm sent

On 7/25/2016 at 10:41 AM, Jos said:

yes. I have a whole load of time to spare. every weekend im just spending abt 3-4 hours because once i start to feel tired I will just paint even faster and the end result will not be that great.  Time vs Money for painting, I choose time instead haha..because I was quoted 1.3k for 5 colors only. so u can imagine how much I gonna get quoted for the rainbow passage way, special effect living room, color door frame and main door frame and color ceiling for my entertainment room. After I glued the grass onto the wall, it look more like a soccer pitch. perhaps in future I will use the white paint to start drawing out the line and goal post for a change of design. 

Several hours for every single weekend is a lot of dedication. But the cost savings in your case is definitely worthwhile :) is your previous home close to your new place?

True,  many fun possibilities for the grass wall! Do send some live in photos of your place in time to come! When will you be moving in? 

30 minutes ago, kingandbin said:

Several hours for every single weekend is a lot of dedication. But the cost savings in your case is definitely worthwhile :) is your previous home close to your new place?

True,  many fun possibilities for the grass wall! Do send some live in photos of your place in time to come! When will you be moving in? 

yes...burn some weekend but looking at the end result from my own hand feel the sense of accomplishment. my current place is just 5mins drive away. I have went to my new place without the key a few time. luckily is just 5 mins drive away. already bought the digital lock for gate and door. I don have to worry abt the key anymore. will not be moving in anytime soon as my current place is very near to train station. still waiting for some stuff to be done and I will start taking some "professional" photo...