Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
BubblyBee

Need Recommendations For Kitchen And Bathroom Appliances And Accessories

Hi fellow forumers,

I need your inputs on where I can purchase affordable, durable and reasonably good quality appliances and accessories for the kitchen and bathrooms. I have sourced around and my opinions are as follows. Kindly help to provide your inputs based on your experience.

Kitchen

Cooker Hood & Hob

I have been looking for cooker hood, hob and built-in ovens. The common brand in a number of shops are Turbo, Techno and EF. There was one shop I visited that sold Rinnai also, another shop that sold Ellane as well, and another (Hoe Kee) that sold Aerogaz too.

I understand that EF is made in China. The other brands are of mixed manufacturing site. Some models are made in Italy, some in China as well. So hard to tell apart. Based on your experience, kindly share which brand cooker hob, hood and built-in oven is reliable and affordable. (P.S. I have removed Bosch from my list due to cost & Mayer-Artiston had limited selections in their showroom to consider).

I am considering Ellane (due to concealed part below the hobs, so that liquid spillage is easier to clean. I am also considering Turbo and Techno due to the price. But I am not sure which to select. One sales guy mentioned to choose those hob with brass material, instead of steel, due to durability.

Oven

As for oven, I am leaning toward built-in oven (beginner), but one saleslady recommended to get counter version (brand is Rowenta). I have not used a built-in oven before and I intend to use one in the new house. So what will you recommend - built-in or counter top?

Kitchen Sink & tap

I am looking at double sink with a normal tap. Do you have any recommendations where I can purchase affordable quality? I have tried those shops at Level 3 in IMM but they are expensive! Any recommendations?

Bathrooms

Again, I have been to IMM to look at bathroom accessories, including WCs, sinks, taps, mirrors with cabinets, rails, holders, etc. The prices are out of my budget for 2 bathrooms. Anyone can suggest a place to shop for reasonably priced bathroom accessories, including WCs & sinks? I am not looking for designer items or fancy items as my bathrooms are rather small.

On a side note, I am wondering if you can recommend companies/suppliers who can replace main door/gates/bedroom doors & the windows/grilles. I wrote to a few companies but no replies.

Appreciate your help!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi BubblyBee;

I am using EF CK Ventro Chimney hood and induction hob. They are very good. I am not sure if the hood is made in China or not but the hob is from Italy. Happy with both as I install PlasmaMade in my chimney hood. It is effective in removing cooking smell. This device from Europe was recently launched in Singapore. Do check it out at www.plasmamade.sg Hope this helps.