Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Uraayu74

Help! Professional Engineer Required For Wall Hacking

Hi all, its my first post in the forum.

Will be getting the keys to my new home soon n have been busy looking out for id/contractors. Went thru the floorplan n after deciding on the layout with Mrs, we decided to hack a wall.

Upon checking HDB guidelines on renovation, was informed on the need to get PE endorsement for the job.

Anyone here have got contacts? Sorry if this question have been asked before. Tried looking for threads on PE but none got me enlightened.

Thank you for reading thru n sharing.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Yes you need to engaged a PE if you are hacking any wall in hdb. The contractor I engaged for my renovation can provide this service and their price was the most reasonable among those I compared. Services was good and correspondence was almost immediate. If you need recommendation you can pm me, as I assume we can't post contacts here.

You are referring to precast wall, structural wall (those in color in black) or brick walls? If unsure, talk to your area HDB officer, that is if your area HDB officer is good n competent.

You are referring to precast wall, structural wall (those in color in black) or brick walls? If unsure, talk to your area HDB officer, that is if your area HDB officer is good n competent.

Hi,

Not thoes in black color.

On 12/29/2015 at 3:59 PM, JamesLeongkm said:

Yes, it's the new requirement from hdb. Even demolition of non bearing wall in hdb need a PE to endorse. If you need recommendation can pm me

Hi I need a PE, can you PM the contact? Thanks!

On 29/12/2015 at 3:59 PM, JamesLeongkm said:

Yes, it's the new requirement from hdb. Even demolition of non bearing wall in hdb need a PE to endorse. If you need recommendation can pm me

Very good info, never knew this

On 29/12/2015 at 3:59 PM, JamesLeongkm said:

Does your PE do terrace house? can you PM the contact?

Extracted from HDB website. HDB does not mentioned that PE is compulsory and no mention of this "new requirement" on HDB website. 
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Demolition of non-load bearing reinforced concrete (RC) elements (E.g. stiffeners, lintols and hangers etc.)

Engaging a QP to inspect and supervise the demolition works will help to ensure that no load bearing RC structural elements (e.g. columns, beams, slabs and walls) are damaged in demolition process. We will let you and your renovation contractor know about the need to engage a QP for demolition works once we receive your renovation application.

Note:

• The list here of works requiring the engagement of a QP is not exhaustive
  • You and your renovation contractor will be informed if your proposed renovation requires the engagement of a QP

On 12/29/2015 at 3:59 PM, JamesLeongkm said:

Hi, can help to PM me the affordable PE contact for the wall hacking permit from HDB? thank you, appreciate your help!

My new BTO demolition between living and kitchen wall now need PE endorsement too.

Very strange. I saw many people here mention demolition of in between kitchen and living wall doesn't need PE.

Someone can PM the PE contact?

Many thanks

On 24/03/2017 at 8:41 PM, wil2017 said:

My new BTO demolition between living and kitchen wall now need PE endorsement too.

Very strange. I saw many people here mention demolition of in between kitchen and living wall doesn't need PE.

Someone can PM the PE contact?

Many thanks

Any demolition of wall, be it structural or non-structural will require PE endorsement.

Not sure if its too late but i have given u the PE contact