Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
stupe

Feedback On A Certain 'interior Designer' Mxxxx Cxxxx

Hi fellow homeowners,

Just want to share my 2 cents on a certain 'interior designer', so that fellow renovation-hunters are adequately informed.

Got my place some months ago, and naturally I started to scour the inter-webs for a reputable/recommended ID. And of course, this forum was one of the results returned.

Did a bunch of reading, poked around, asked around, met a few face-to-face, and finally decided on Mxxxx Cxxxx.

Won't be able to write a full chronology of events, but here's a summarized version:

- During F2F/interview, boasts of 'modern' styles and 'simple' concepts. But once selected, no drawings, 3D renderings etc. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. And after asking many, many, many, many, many times, I finally got a hand drawn piece of excrement.

- I had my shortlist of ideas and concepts, and of course I conveyed my findings to the ID. After that, ID comes up with a proposal that seems to resemble a piece of excrement.

- ID tried to convince us not to do a bunch of things, and counter proposed a few things. In short, the counter proposals were worse than initial.

- ID provided 'good recommended contacts' to source for a number of things. ALL were higher priced, one in particular was 30% more.

- Extremely difficult to set a time to meet. Only answers calls/replies messages as and when the ID chooses.

- An ID is supposed to be like a project manager. Well, I had to constantly take pictures, send, and ask the ID what the **** was going on. And then get a reply a few days later.

- Needless to say, I spent A LOT more time on-site, time that I should be spending at my work, and time that I paid the bloody ID for.

- Post-reno cleaning was 'packaged' in. Half the place was not cleaned, mopped the floor with some dirty water/mop (which negated the mopping). My 7 year old son can do a better job. Which he did.

How would I rate this experience?

Finishing - 6/10

Ideas - 3/10

Project Management - 3/10

Time/schedule - 5/10

Price - 6/10

Fire ID and get someone else factor - 12/10

Hope this helps.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi fellow homeowners,

Just want to share my 2 cents on a certain 'interior designer', so that fellow renovation-hunters are adequately informed.

Got my place some months ago, and naturally I started to scour the inter-webs for a reputable/recommended ID. And of course, this forum was one of the results returned.

Did a bunch of reading, poked around, asked around, met a few face-to-face, and finally decided on Mxxxx Cxxxx.

Won't be able to write a full chronology of events, but here's a summarized version:

- During F2F/interview, boasts of 'modern' styles and 'simple' concepts. But once selected, no drawings, 3D renderings etc. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. And after asking many, many, many, many, many times, I finally got a hand drawn piece of excrement.

- I had my shortlist of ideas and concepts, and of course I conveyed my findings to the ID. After that, ID comes up with a proposal that seems to resemble a piece of excrement.

- ID tried to convince us not to do a bunch of things, and counter proposed a few things. In short, the counter proposals were worse than initial.

- ID provided 'good recommended contacts' to source for a number of things. ALL were higher priced, one in particular was 30% more.

- Extremely difficult to set a time to meet. Only answers calls/replies messages as and when the ID chooses.

- An ID is supposed to be like a project manager. Well, I had to constantly take pictures, send, and ask the ID what the **** was going on. And then get a reply a few days later.

- Needless to say, I spent A LOT more time on-site, time that I should be spending at my work, and time that I paid the bloody ID for.

- Post-reno cleaning was 'packaged' in. Half the place was not cleaned, mopped the floor with some dirty water/mop (which negated the mopping). My 7 year old son can do a better job. Which he did.

How would I rate this experience?

Finishing - 6/10

Ideas - 3/10

Project Management - 3/10

Time/schedule - 5/10

Price - 6/10

Fire ID and get someone else factor - 12/10

Hope this helps.

Hi Stupe, sorry to hear about your bad experience... can you PM me the name of the ID and which company he's from so that I am aware?

Thanks a lot.

Why not just openly share here? If it's a factual event.

yup..publish the name of ID

Reporting to cops won't help,reporting to case or RADAC won't help either .SHAMING THEM IS THE BEST THING WE CAN DO AND SURE ENOUGH THEY WILL WAKEI UP AND TREAT CUSTOMER WITH RESPECT

There are many bad eggs in this industry. Please be careful of this "interior designer" by the name of Eugene Tan. (Mobile 9***3882). 

Uses alot of vulgarities and threats of violence. Police report was made against him. He also claimed some lower grade supplier is a partner of the company when it is not (probably to get commission from the supplier). Very unethical and gangster behavior. He jumps around to various different ID firms so I will not state the ID company name.

On 8/12/2016 at 10:47 AM, antagon said:

There are many bad eggs in this industry. Please be careful of this "interior designer" by the name of Eugene Tan. (Mobile 9***3882). 

Uses alot of vulgarities and threats of violence. Police report was made against him. He also claimed some lower grade supplier is a partner of the company when it is not (probably to get commission from the supplier). Very unethical and gangster behavior. He jumps around to various different ID firms so I will not state the ID company name. 

How many times and in how many threads u need to post this? almost all the threads i see this. Can't you just create a thread and do whatever you want with it. Gosh