Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
serangoony

Group A&a, Rebuilding, Buying Of Materials (May The Force Be With Us!)

On 18/01/2016 at 11:04 AM, jasling said:

hi,

i am about to start my a&a for my semi as well. just confirmed my archi, PE and contractor. now looking for carpenter.

for my a&a, my total budget is $490K including all archi, PE, changing our all 7 toilets, fixtures and lighting (excluding electrical equipment). i am extending my attic to full attic (metal roof), reconfiguration of rooms, extension on the ground floor and building a mezzanine.

if you keen, i can provide the quotation list and contact.

Thank you.

I also building a mezzanine....   how did you design your air conditioning since the ceiling is so high?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
On 11/01/2016 at 9:13 PM, CCK1698 said:

Bro. I think you had all things a bit mix up. When doing A/A for my house, the actual process is to engage an architect first, not ID. My consultant design for our house then engage ID to do space planning and interior design. Upon construction begins, have them group up to coordinate your construction and renovation process so that you no need to spend extra money paying for VOs.My builder and ID works well as they are under same company. Getting an inexperience ID will cost you spending $ as some are inexperience in building regulations.My builder , Willy and ID Mr. Chua is the cheapest during the tendering and their service is prompt and good. If You are interested, you may drop me your email and I can recommend him to you. Going to China, especially Guangzhou, to buy your stuff will be a good idea as things over there are super cheap. We bought our lights, curtains and some tap wares and import for our house and really save a lot. You will save at least $20-30k.

haha... you're right!  I did the reverse. It was tougher because the facade kinda look a little off after the ID has his go on design first. But the good thing was everything was design according to how I would use the house, and then we adjust the facade later. I got an independent ID because my belief was any good designer would strike out on their own eventually. So I think I paid a bit more for my ID. 

Btw, how is your house going now? wanna chat in private? Give me some tips leh... 

On 12/28/2016 at 0:17 AM, serangoony said:

those on this thread...  are you guys keen to join me in a private Facebook page discussions? 

Hi serangoony, please put me on your Facebook page discussion.  I am in the mist of engaging a D&B company to reconstruct my house.  I will PM you my contact details.

Thank you.

On 11/01/2016 at 9:13 PM, CCK1698 said:

Bro. I think you had all things a bit mix up. When doing A/A for my house, the actual process is to engage an architect first, not ID. My consultant design for our house then engage ID to do space planning and interior design. Upon construction begins, have them group up to coordinate your construction and renovation process so that you no need to spend extra money paying for VOs.My builder and ID works well as they are under same company. Getting an inexperience ID will cost you spending $ as some are inexperience in building regulations.My builder , Willy and ID Mr. Chua is the cheapest during the tendering and their service is prompt and good. If You are interested, you may drop me your email and I can recommend him to you. Going to China, especially Guangzhou, to buy your stuff will be a good idea as things over there are super cheap. We bought our lights, curtains and some tap wares and import for our house and really save a lot. You will save at least $20-30k.

Hi CCK, can u pls PM me your contact Willy and Chua? 

Also, where do u go in GZ to buy your stuff?

Hi, I am interested in your FB discussion.  We'd engaged a architect to design our house, its in the designing stage, confirming next week, the architect will get all the drawings out for submission.

Put me in your discussion. Thank you.

Hi all, my architect is currently drawing out the floor plans for our confirmation. Still in the beginning phase of rebuilding. Will be interested to be in the FB discussion! 

Thank you