Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
owlNbear

Owl & Bear's Parisian-Chic-Lookalike Nest

27 minutes ago, bykaraanne said:

Your kitchen and toilet looks like it came out of Pinterest :) 

the hard work was well worth it! 

Thank you kara! That's a huge compliment to me!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hey OwlNbear

I like the workmanship of your carpenter too! May I ask you for their contact please?

Sorry about your bad experience with the contractor but you deserve a pat on the shoulder for the house finally turned out great! Hard work! Happy for you.

2 hours ago, Starrain said:

Hey OwlNbear

I like the workmanship of your carpenter too! May I ask you for their contact please?

Sorry about your bad experience with the contractor but you deserve a pat on the shoulder for the house finally turned out great! Hard work! Happy for you.

Thank you Starrain! We gave ourselves many pats on the back afterwards, hahaha. Really had the sort of sunshine after the rain (雨过天晴) feeling when everything was finally settled :) Sure, will send you carpenter's contact.

Love love love your black kitchen!! And of course your furbabies :wub: Sorry to hear about your bad experience but take it as a learning journey bah... next time nobody can bluff you again! 

3 hours ago, Lazyfatcat007 said:

Love love love your black kitchen!! And of course your furbabies :wub: Sorry to hear about your bad experience but take it as a learning journey bah... next time nobody can bluff you again! 

Thanks cat! Anyway it's over now, and we feel nothing but gratitude that everything turned out well. 
Right now what's most important to us is that our little family is finally reunited and have a home to call our very own now :wub:

Oh ya, previously you asked for my carpenter's contact. Just curious to know if you contacted her eventually?

Edited by owlNbear

Sorry to hear about your bad experience! The outcome of your design is really very nice! Love your kitchen and toilet! love your idea for concrete sink in toilet I think it will last like a lifetime at least till the next time you decide to move house :P

by the way can you share where you get your WC from? It looks very comfy! How is the performance of the WC? 

Edited by lalashir

your home is sooooo beautiful, looks really really magazine worthy!! oh man, so you wouldn't recommend yr contractor?? that means 1 less contractor on my shortlisted list *sigh* 

10 hours ago, lalashir said:

Sorry to hear about your bad experience! The outcome of your design is really very nice! Love your kitchen and toilet! love your idea for concrete sink in toilet I think it will last like a lifetime at least till the next time you decide to move house :P

by the way can you share where you get your WC from? It looks very comfy! How is the performance of the WC? 

Thanks lalashir! We really loved the look of the wall tiles and one day we thought "why not use the tiles on the sink for a seamless look?" and voila! 

My wc is from Hupfarri. It's...quite comfy to sit on hahaha. I chose mainly because I like the cute and round bowl. Sadly the flushing isn't very strong, and I'm not able to get rid of my kitties' (floating) poop with one flushing, so minus points. I'm still looking for a solution to somehow increase the flushing strength, don't know if it's possible or not.

4 hours ago, matchalatte said:

your home is sooooo beautiful, looks really really magazine worthy!! oh man, so you wouldn't recommend yr contractor?? that means 1 less contractor on my shortlisted list *sigh* 

Thanks matcha!! You've really made me feel so happy, haha. It's been quite awhile already, long time no see! What's your reno status now? Given that I've potentially been cheated of a 1.5k sliding door, I really wouldn't want anyone to take the risk and engage him :fire:

Edited by owlNbear

Thanks owlNbear for the advice.

Really like your design and inspire for me to my house renovate soon. :D

Can I get your permission to 'steal' some of the ideas? Such as the kitchen display :P

On 14 February 2016 at 7:45 AM, twinklecloud said:

the items are awesome! definitely fit into your house theme perfectly.

I am still in the mist of hunting.. tedious process..

thanks for the taobao introduction.

staying tune to see the progress!

Hi owlnbear

I am keen to get from taobao too ..

saw your post on the "subway tiles". do you fix it yourself or you get the contractor to do it? If you fix it yourself, how you stick it on the wall? and can it be wiped? how much if you get your contractor to fix it?

How much was your cost of shipping in total?

Edited by amyelke

11 hours ago, owlNbear said:

Thanks lalashir! We really loved the look of the wall tiles and one day we thought "why not use the tiles on the sink for a seamless look?" and voila! 

My wc is from Hupfarri. It's...quite comfy to sit on hahaha. I chose mainly because I like the cute and round bowl. Sadly the flushing isn't very strong, and I'm not able to get rid of my kitties' (floating) poop with one flushing, so minus points. I'm still looking for a solution to somehow increase the flushing strength, don't know if it's possible or not.

Thanks matcha!! You've really made me feel so happy, haha. It's been quite awhile already, long time no see! What's your reno status now? Given that I've potentially been cheated of a 1.5k sliding door, I really wouldn't want anyone to take the risk and engage him :fire:

are your cats toilet trained?!!! :o

and i'm sorry to hear about your contractor woes but for all that it's worth, your house turned out amazing! i especially love the bathroom and kitchen :wub: i hope mine will be half as nice as yours :)

may i ask for the doors you installed for the concrete vanity - what materials are they made of?

On 5/23/2016 at 10:21 PM, pradaloh said:

Thanks owlNbear for the advice.

Really like your design and inspire for me to my house renovate soon. :D

Can I get your permission to 'steal' some of the ideas? Such as the kitchen display :P

Thank you! I'm flattered. And of course, help yourself. I 'stole' my ideas from pinterest too, you can check out my moodboard for more ideas :)

22 hours ago, amyelke said:

Hi owlnbear

I am keen to get from taobao too ..

saw your post on the "subway tiles". do you fix it yourself or you get the contractor to do it? If you fix it yourself, how you stick it on the wall? and can it be wiped? how much if you get your contractor to fix it?

How much was your cost of shipping in total?

Hi Amyelke! The subway tiles were from Lian Seng Hin actually, though my craftstone bricks were from Taobao. Tiles were laid by my contractor, and labour + material cost about $1000. Yes I can wipe them. They're just like any normal wall tile.

If you're asking about the craftstone bricks, you can check them out here https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.0.0.3W9VUf&id=524749643776&_u=c2hrfcg82554 As for shipping, it depends on how much you buy. I use oops.sg and their minimum shipment fees via sea is 1cubic meter or $50 . The bricks are packed in quite a small box so with $100+, you can ship a lot and still have room for some other items.

13 hours ago, pipsqueak said:

are your cats toilet trained?!!! :o

and i'm sorry to hear about your contractor woes but for all that it's worth, your house turned out amazing! i especially love the bathroom and kitchen :wub: i hope mine will be half as nice as yours :)

may i ask for the doors you installed for the concrete vanity - what materials are they made of?

My cats aren't toilet (bowl) trained, but I am trained to clear their toilet :ph34r:

And thank you so much for the compliments :wub: I'm sure yours will look awesome! Going over to check out your blog in a moment :D

The doors are laminated plywood (like other normal carpentry) with a woodenframe nicely hidden inside the concrete support :) 

Btw folks, I have a few items to let go of, see pictures below. All are brand new :) PM me if you're interested!

1) 4 boxes of cream-coloured craftstone bricks. Each box covers an area of 1sqm @ $5 per box
craftstone-bricks_zpspmrvfhmm.jpg

2) 1 loft / industrial style wall lamp @ $25
industrial-wall-light1_zpspwr7pjs0.jpg

Really fall in love with your black and white kitchen and the bathroom:wub: like Kara said looks like come out from pinterest

The concrete slab sink support is really a good idea, I also personally don't like any vanity inside my bathroom * err mostly coz I like to splash water :P

On 21/05/2016 at 1:05 AM, owlNbear said:

update12_zpsguy2voxb.jpg

Little missy not allowed in the bedroom because she chews on wires :(

i like your cat door! where did you purchased this? need to drill your door and fit this?