Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

22 hours ago, yekcim said:

Hey dada junior, 

Do you mind sharing Contractor J&E and also contractor Boon's contact ? 

it would be most grateful if i could get a hold of your quotation as well. 

Thanks in advance 

Hi yekcim,

i have pm you already.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Very nice black frame bedrooms door, dadajunior!!

How do you build the black frame and what doors are these? 

How much to get one of these too?

Thanks.

Edited by desmtooh

On 6 March 2016 at 11:11 PM, desmtooh said:

Very nice black frame bedrooms door, dadajunior!!

How do you build the black frame and what doors are these? 

How much to get one of these too?

Thanks.

Hi desmtooh,

thanks. We get our contractor to paint the door frame black. These doors are called barn door.  We got it from Yontat. I will pm you the price later.

Arlow dadajunior, may I know if you can feel the wind from the ceiling fan at your dining table?

I am going to do my reno soon so I thinking if installing 1 ceiling fan at the tv area is sufficient.

21 hours ago, James9 said:

Arlow dadajunior, may I know if you can feel the wind from the ceiling fan at your dining table?

I am going to do my reno soon so I thinking if installing 1 ceiling fan at the tv area is sufficient.

Hi James9,

The wind doesn't blow all the way to the dining table. Probably you can consider buying a bigger dimension fan. :D

1 hour ago, samanthatt said:

Hello,

Mind sharing both contractor Boon and contractor J&E contacts? and your renovation cost?

Thank you! =)

Hi samanthatt,

pm you!!

On 01/03/2016 at 9:16 PM, dadajunior said:

Hi Jaclyn,

Yupz that's the Aeratron AE3 50" fan. Good :lol: but don't expect it to spin very fast. However, due to the design of the blade, though spinning at a low speed, it is quite windy. Also maybe because it is spinning at a lower speed, it is quiet. :D

Hi dada, can u pm where to get this fan ? 

And when u start ordering from taobao , so that they arrive on time for reno ( i need advise if i collect keys on june16, when should i start ordering ?)

Thanks !

On 18/01/2016 at 11:01 PM, dadajunior said:

After hearing nightmares from many of our friends who went ahead with renovation before their 3D design were completed (due to the long waiting time for each revision), we were thinking - what's the point?? Therefore, we decided to self-draw our very own 3D drawings which on one hand, could clearly convey our ideas, and on the other hand, we could save some money :sport-smiley-018:

Here are a few decent drawings that we managed to generate from Google sketchup ;):

gallery_68969_855_201478.jpg

gallery_68969_855_79648.jpg

Things we want for our kitchen:

- open concept kitchen to make our house feel more spacious -> hacking of kitchen wall

- breakfast counter /bar top to create a chic feel :D

- subway tiles

- black and white theme

gallery_68969_855_214768.jpg

Things we want for our living room:

- shoe cabinet with a display section in the middle for putting small items

- low platform/ledge in replacement of TV console

- cove light on one side of the living room only as we feel that L-box around the living room will make the house feel smaller

Other items:

- Wardrobes in master bedroom and one of the common bedrooms

- our master toilet comes with a vanity top (yup the ugly-looking one). Initial plan was to replace the whole vanity top, but eventually we decided to just build a vanity cabinet beneath due to budget constraint :wacko:

- mirror cabinets in both common and master toilets

Hi Dada, the one beside your tv is the shoe cabinet ??

On 19/01/2016 at 8:40 PM, owlNbear said:

Hello! I'm having the same 工字 (learnt this term from the tilers, hehe) tiles above the lower cabinet as you are. Almost the whole wall is up already and I love it so far :) Sketchup is handy. Helped much of our space planning too. But curious, why is the microwave shelf so low?

hi dada, is this wall so called plastering ? what is used to make that ? ( i am too green )

and will it be easy to clean the wall after cooking ?

can show where is your track lightings ?

thanks again, so sorry for so many questions as i am learning now

Edited by keltan8

On 11 March 2016 at 9:24 AM, keltan8 said:

Hi dada, can u pm where to get this fan ? 

And when u start ordering from taobao , so that they arrive on time for reno ( i need advise if i collect keys on june16, when should i start ordering ?)

Thanks !

Hi, 

I got it in Malaysia. You can see the topic here -> 

The taobao takes about 2 weeks by sea. Check with your ID/contractor what is their schedule in installing the lights, bathroom accessories, etc. But you could start shopping in taobao first and store the items in the cart. 

On 11 March 2016 at 9:31 AM, keltan8 said:

Hi Dada, the one beside your tv is the shoe cabinet ??

Hi keltan8,

yupz it is shoe cabinet. :D But not all compartment is for shoes, we also have some drawers in the cabinet to put other stuffs too. :P

On 11 March 2016 at 9:36 AM, keltan8 said:

hi dada, is this wall so called plastering ? what is used to make that ? ( i am too green )

and will it be easy to clean the wall after cooking ?

can show where is your track lightings ?

thanks again, so sorry for so many questions as i am learning now

Hi,

This is not plastering, if you are referring to the "工字":P It is called subway tiles. It comes with different dimensions and some are flat and some is 3D. You can ask your ID/contractor about subway tiles. Yupz, it is easy to clean. After cooking, just use a damp clothes to wipe. :lol:

We have track lights along the passageway and kitchen. But I have no photos now. But I will post the photos if I take some later.  :)