Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Lala86

Recommendation Of Change Of House Layout

Hi all..

I would like to seek some advice on Feng Shui aspects of our house layout... it is a standard HDB BTO 4 room layout, and we were thinking of changing it, but worried that it might not be "good feng shui" for the house .... so here it goes:

mMe6RbH.jpg

Question 1 ) In Feng Shui, I think it is said that doors should not face each other or something? Which means LAYOUT 3 & LAYOUT 2 are not good right? Since the door of the study is facing the master bedroom's door? However, as per in the Original Floorplan, the door of the common toilet is also facing the door of one of the bedrooms. Does this means it's bad as well?

Question 2) I heard LAYOUT 3 may be even worse than LAYOUT 2, in the sense that the protruding perpendicular wall edge of the room is "bad" or something (resembles a sharp thing poking against you)? Although it could be that right angled/ 90 degrees ones are okay, only those that are not right-angled are bad? As such, is LAYOUT 1 the only "safe" / "okay" one in terms of Feng shui? Or are Layout 2 and Layout 3 fine as well? Does anybody has any idea regarding this =( ??? Thank you in advance! >.<

EDIT: Title should be "Advice Regarding Change of House Layout"

Edited by Lala86

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Layout 1 looks good! Rect layout for living area and some wall space for outside study room wall for deco/cabinetry/ shelfing. Feels like it will look spacious too !

Layout 3 looks bad... layout 2 is similar to 1 but some wasted space for the door passageway (redundant?) 4rm bto already so small to start with and the layout is really boring. Layout 1 looks good!!

However if you move living room to bedroom, you will have a smaller window?

Ya... I like layout 1 too, just that dont know if changing the layout will affect the fengshui (in a bad way?) or not.... I have yet to get my keys, but will be getting them in about 2 to 3 months... So I cant comment on the windows yet :(

L1 & L2 are indifferent, in term of wind flow effect. A kind of NS facing.

The RH corner of study room would be more stuffy - wind travels via shortest route.

L2 seems to be better than L1:

- comaparatively more space in L2 than in L1

- L1 passage way (b4 door) has little space for meaningful usage and it 'creates' one L corner (try reduce number of L corners for residential....)

Only thing bad about L3 are:

- wall too near to entrance that limits access from entrance to hall

- Door-door is very subjective as to personal preference, no ground on FS principle.

To commend further:

- Main dr is the only one facing N, meaning all wind flows (from/to windows) have to go via this door....If door closes, what will happen?

Please study the wind flow directions in Singapore over the 12 months period !!!!!!!

This is real FS-concerned!

Read fig 8 & 9

http://www.weather.gov.sg/climate-climate-of-singapore/

L3 worsens the situation !

Edited by bepgof

L1 & L2 are indifferent, in term of wind flow effect. A kind of NS facing.

The RH corner of study room would be more stuffy - wind travels via shortest route.

L2 seems to be better than L1:

- comaparatively more space in L2 than in L1

- L1 passage way (b4 door) has little space for meaningful usage and it 'creates' one L corner (try reduce number of L corners for residential....)

Only thing bad about L3 are:

- wall too near to entrance that limits access from entrance to hall

- Door-door is very subjective as to personal preference, no ground on FS principle.

To commend further:

- Main dr is the only one facing N, meaning all wind flows (from/to windows) have to go via this door....If door closes, what will happen?

Please study the wind flow directions in Singapore over the 12 months period !!!!!!!

This is real FS-concerned!

Read fig 8 & 9

http://www.weather.gov.sg/climate-climate-of-singapore/

L3 worsens the situation !

Hi bepgof,

Thank you for your input... But could you also shed some light about the Original layout? E.g. Original layout vs L2?

Also, can you explain why does L1 creates a 'L' corner? Is it because you are combining it to the entrance space near the main door? or combining it to the space at the living room area? But if it is L2, wouldn't the whole study room be also in the shape of 'L' too?

Thanks in advance for your advices!

Edited by Lala86

It is all about personal preferences and cosmetic with respect to internal layout of dwelling for present concrete jungle that comes with provision of electricity/piped water/furnitures/communication, and etc. These provisions could be utilised to help compensate shortfall of each, unlike era like tree men and cave men who had little choices.

To save the mother earth and your pocket, use more natural light and wind effects.

In fact, the original is good enough. Traditionally, you need a dining table and a sofa set, right? Where to place these?

Both L1, & L3, create 'L' corner. For L1, see top RH of household shelter. For L3, see study rm's door.

The 3 doors at entrance/foyer looks sort of congestion -'massive and messy' (to me) - which limits the 'concurrent' access to these 3 places.

You'll understand what I mean when you actually encounter this situation.

You may consider relocate kitchen door to facing the hall and apply 'half glass at top' for more light into kitchen.

Edited by bepgof

If you go by the 『阳宅三要』method, technically speaking your change in layouts won't make a difference as it looks at the position of the main door, kitchen and master bedroom which remains the same in all your options. If you use the Flying Stars method, things will be different though. Other things such as the internal layouts are touched on by 『黃帝宅經』。

Also, before any fengshui practitioner can comment, you need to provide the compass bearings first! =)

-Sean