Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

So, E has been providing us with updates via whatsapp and sent some photos of the progress while we are busy at work. Apparently, hacking works have completed and all debris are cleared. Can't wait to visit our place this weekend! Tiling will start next week once we have finalized our tiles and seen the 3D.

Masonry

Our shortlisted tiles! Hopefully they will turn out well in the 3D.

Common Bathroom

teZbyV.jpg

MBR Bathroom

4yXzn3.jpg

Laminates chosen

2N0swW.jpg

cPoJZ4.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

The reno journey is an tireless journey and you've got to learn to see the positive side of every situation and learn to adapt as hiccups are bound to occur. The 3Ds were supposed to be sent to us by Friday and we were to meet J to discuss on Saturday, however, due to unforseen delays, we've only managed to meet J & E yesterday to discuss and make minor adjustments to our 3D. We were pleasantly surprised when we saw the 3D drawings!!! Love the details, however, there were quite a number of mistakes and now we are pending the edited 3Ds. Without further ado, our humble pad.

ZYe6v2.jpg

piAgGB.jpg\

TKr3zX.jpg

3v8bcj.jpg

bDTEih.jpg

We've been up and about the whole weekend to try to settle as much of our purchases as possible. Shopping is definitely VERY fun with the many choices available and we have made a deposit for the items below. Do give feedback if any of you have ever used the products!!

LGUF680T

hPBAoF.jpg

The display on this TV captured me and wifey's attention as it wasn't in-your-face glaring and bright. We realized that some of the newer models are very sharp in contrast and gives us a headache after staring at the screen for a few minutes. The salesperson mentioned that the production of the model was only in August 2015 and its shelf life is much shorter than its 9 series counterparts which came out in January. Not sure how true this is, but we are satisfied with our choice of TV and saved a few $$$ off if we had gotten the newer model! This comes with a free Bluray player and 32inch TV!! 

LAS855M

w5PVcY.jpg

Got talked into purchasing this soundbar after the salesperson showed us the difference in using a soundbar as compared to using the speakers from the TV itself. The clarity of the dialogue could be differentiated. We got a free speaker as we purchase the soundbar with the TV.

LG WTF1071DD

bLm0Be.jpg

We wanted a top load washing machine as both wifey and I have been using top load washing machines in our houses our whole lives and the thought of having to bend down to put the clothes in and taking them out puts us off. I'm still not too sure about the difference between top load and bottom load washing machines and any guru could provide more information on this?

LG GT5101NS

ymB2ia.jpg

We based our fridge requirements on the size which we wanted before narrowing our choice to this option. The door-in-door feature would help us to get our milk, water, fruit juice quicker without opening the full fridge door! Save electricity! The interior of the fridge also allows us to put many layers of food and is wide enough to accommodate our groceries. Wifey wanted a top freezer as well and the ice holder could be moved around (not fixed to a single location).

Brandt Hob & Hood

GcUe5T.jpg

Have not seen many people purchasing this model, but was recommended to me by the salesperson. As my parents live just a few blocks away, we do not foresee ourselves cooking heavily in the near future. Many people have gotten Fujioh, Turbo, E&F. Not too sure whats the major difference in all these Hobs & Hoods. We wanted a hood which is able to trap the oil using a mesh instead of sucking it all in and clearing the oil filter weekly.

Bosch Oven

qREA3r.jpg

We got this at a steal (I would like to think so) as the salesperson upgraded us from the entry model to this model. We first heard about this model from a salesperson from Bosch doing a roadshow at expo, guiding us on the difference in their technology (3D heating system). And also the fact that Bosch is widely used in Europe, thus, we stuck to this model without viewing other ovens. The salesperson at GC tried recommended us a Brandt oven stating that there are more features as compared to this Bosch oven. Any advice??

We also made a trip to Heritage Bathroom Gallery at Geylang Road and spent quite a bit of time there on bathroom accessories. Based on forumers, It seems that Baron 888 is the most recommended WC at a reasonable price. We placed a deposit for WCs, a Grohe rainshower, bathroom mixers, toilet paper holders, towel bars and a few other miscellaneous items. Have yet to decide to purchase all these from them as I am still keeping my options open to explore Amazon and Taobao (virgin purchase, lousy chinese). Hope there won't be much obstacles for my purchases! Tiling is commencing this Thursday!

Edited by Malaxo

Update

Tiling works have started and our kitchen floor is done. Loving our herringbone flooring! Will take a better photo when lights are up.

ywaiIb.jpg

Toilet tiling have also been progressing but delayed due to wrong sized window being installed

tNrTQy.jpg

MtrxIV.jpg

We also changed all our window grilles and windows as the previous one was rusty and old! Managed to get a contact from my dad and the friendly uncle Thomas was very accommodating. His quote was the lowest among 5 companies we have reached out for quotes. However, J&E preferred to use their subcon for window works and managed to pushed their subcon to do our windows at Thomas's rate! Saves us the coordination!

Everything Taobao

It was our first time using Taobao. While researching on how to purchase and using which forwarder to ship our loots over, I came across a VERY detailed explanation on a blog on how to use Oops.sg to ship our stuff. The current rate is $110/cbm which is acceptable to us. Initially, we wanted to purchase all our toiletries from Taobao, but after hearing bad reviews on rusting and leaking, we decided against it and so we only purchase fittings which can be easily changed if damaged! Here are our buys! I hope that this would at least hit or be near 1cbm otherwise very bo hua for the shipping.

JIAeDn.jpg
SE4snD.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Malaxo said:

Update

Tiling works have started and our kitchen floor is done. Loving our herringbone flooring! Will take a better photo when lights are up.

ywaiIb.jpg

Toilet tiling have also been progressing but delayed due to wrong sized window being installed

tNrTQy.jpg

MtrxIV.jpg

We also changed all our window grilles and windows as the previous one was rusty and old! Managed to get a contact from my dad and the friendly uncle Thomas was very accommodating. His quote was the lowest among 5 companies we have reached out for quotes. However, J&E preferred to use their subcon for window works and managed to pushed their subcon to do our windows at Thomas's rate! Saves us the coordination!

Ooh! Possible to share the contacts of the companies and the subcon (if possible) of the window grilles? Are these for the simple horizontal/vertical bar/square window grilles or do they have other designs? I'm hoping to keep the existing window grilles but if they are fixed in a certain way that doesn't allow for it we may have to look for new grilles. Can PM me? Or I can PM you?

Thank you!!

23 minutes ago, MiiMoo said:

Hi Malaxo,

Do you mind pm me the contact for J & E?

Thanks

Hi MiiMoo!

PM-ed you!

4 hours ago, ricepapergirl said:

Ooh! Possible to share the contacts of the companies and the subcon (if possible) of the window grilles? Are these for the simple horizontal/vertical bar/square window grilles or do they have other designs? I'm hoping to keep the existing window grilles but if they are fixed in a certain way that doesn't allow for it we may have to look for new grilles. Can PM me? Or I can PM you?

Thank you!!

Hi ricepapergirl!

are you looking for contractor for your Reno or specifically just the windows contact? They have a catalogue of grilles or you can just show them a photo of the grilles you like. PM-ed you my contractor's contact as well!

10 hours ago, Malaxo said:

Hi MiiMoo!

PM-ed you!

Hi ricepapergirl!

are you looking for contractor for your Reno or specifically just the windows contact? They have a catalogue of grilles or you can just show them a photo of the grilles you like. PM-ed you my contractor's contact as well!

Hi Malaxo!

Thanks for the PM! I really appreciate it! It's just window grilles I'm looking for right now, but glad to have the contractor contact as well, may be useful to pass it on to others! :D Getting so excited for my own reno, starting in two weeks!

Hi Malaxo! Gorgeous herringbone flooring for the kitchen!!!  :wub:  What colour is the grouting used?

Also could you please PM me J&E's contact? Thank you so much!!

Edited by kingandbin