Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Oh my I looove your herringbone flooring :dribble:wanted to do the same but couldn't due to budget constraints sigh. Looking forward to more pictures and updates - Your progress is looking great so far! 

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
On 3/26/2016 at 10:27 PM, lb95010 said:

Hi Malaxo,

Can you kindly pm me J&E contact? Thanks in advance.

Hi! PM-ed you!

On 3/27/2016 at 2:39 PM, kingandbin said:

Hi Malaxo! Gorgeous herringbone flooring for the kitchen!!!  :wub:  What colour is the grouting used?

Also could you please PM me J&E's contact? Thank you so much!!

Loves the herringbone flooring too! Grey grouting used to match the grey colored tiles! PM-ed you!

Update

1. New windows installed
  2. Aircon 1st installation and boxed up
  3. 1st coat painting complete
  4. Room doors selected
  5. Toilet doors selected
  6. Kitchen and toilets tiling completed
  7. Vinyl installed

We've been BUSYYYYYYYYYY the past 2 weeks! Going down to the relevant shops to complete our payments for our toilet accessories, hood hob oven delivery, sink delivery to get the carpentry portion sorted out. Last weekend, E brought us to a couple of places to select our veneer doors and we only saw 1 which we liked at the 1st stop. However, salesperson told us it was sold out and they are not bringing anymore in! Went to 2nd stop and looked through their doors but did not fall in love with any and was about to make a half hearted decision when the salesperson from the 1st shop called and said that they could squeeze 4 doors for us! Super happy as we headed back to the shop to reserve it. Met a lovely couple who wanted that door too but too bad it was out of stock.

JTqlbO.jpg[/IMG]

We had a hard time selecting the paint colors as we were stuck between neutral tones, or going for bright bold colors! In the end, went with what the wifey selected and BOY ARE THE COLORS BRIGHT! My gaming room became a tiffany blue room! :wacko:

whIH2U.jpg[/IMG]

Bedroom 2 was of a more subtle purplish lilac as we wanted it to be cosy and soothing as it will be the baby's room in the future!

bh0pUh.jpg[/IMG]

Carpentry was delivered on Saturday! We weren't expecting that as we were told that carpentry installation would be on Monday! Now, we're looking forward to see the installed carpentry tomorrow! Some photos to show the progress!

phsVBw.jpg[/IMG]

jU3peA.jpg[/IMG]

MBR Wardrobe door

Love the dark wood shade

Hz3SFn.jpg[/IMG]

Internal Colored PVCs

hwTmqd.jpg[/IMG]

z0R1sJ.jpg[/IMG]

ogvy5F.jpg[/IMG]

Excited that the renovation is progressing without much hiccups. Will post more photos when carpentry is up tomorrow!

Edited by Malaxo

4 hours ago, yan0000 said:

Hi Malaxo, 

Would you mind PM-ing me J&E's contact? Thanks so much!

Hi yan! Pm-ed you! Enjoy!

Week 6

New gate and main door have been installed. But there's a hiccup! The main gate is supposed to be powder coated white to match our windows, but E made a mistake and ordered a black steel gate instead! Was fuming when he asked if I could accept it. I told him that it was his mistake and to remove and have it replaced with a powder coated white gate. He admitted that it was his fault and was willing to replace it, it would cost him $480 to make a new gate. Wifey was more forgiving and said that she is okay with the gate. The main door was refurbished with matching laminates from our shoe cabinet which also had black frames, thus, wifey said that it could match. Mehhhhhhh. Happy wife, happy life. So we came to a consensus with E and he threw in additional free stuffs for us for this inconvenience.

wBS7cV.jpg[/IMG]

9tzGkZ.jpg[/IMG]

Carpentry have also been installed and we are now waiting for our kitchen and bathroom quartz top to be measured and installed.

Shoe Cabinet

v0jHIh.jpg[/IMG]

MBR Wardrobe

8cKqeo.jpg[/IMG]

WWrqar.jpg[/IMG]

0xKG8Q.jpg[/IMG]

jdWDde.jpg[/IMG]

Chest of Drawers / Side Tables / Headboard

We are going to throw away our current headboard as there was insufficient walking space in front of our bed due to the depth of our current headboard. J recommends at least 50cm of walking space. So we had J customize a built in headboard for us. Tip for anyone signing up with them: If you are looking to customize a built in vanity for your make up, change it to a chest of drawers instead. They charge a flat price for vanity and my chest of drawers cost much lesser than that as it is by per foot run, and it can hold more things! We had the top drawer's interior customized to fit le wifey's accessories.

TNaCKR.jpg[/IMG]

Notice that my switches are the usual white MK switches which isn't what I was looking for. Apparently, E forgot to mention to the electrician that I wanted the LeGrand Mallia series for all my built in switches. I managed to catch the electrician on Saturday while he was installing the switches and I told him that I had mentioned to E many times regarding the switches. He headed out to purchase the switches I requested and did up everything the same day.

MBR Bathroom

Vanity

0M8JvU.jpg[/IMG]

Shower Feature Wall

c5imoV.jpg[/IMG]

Bedroom 2 Wardrobe

I had closed both doors on the wrong side, thus the slanted lines. :wacko:

imzBI8.jpg[/IMG]

6RD6Fm.jpg[/IMG]

ZOC0Lw.jpg[/IMG]

TV Feature Wall

XmPiag.jpg[/IMG]

Kitchen Cabinets

Loving the shaker style cabinets! Matches our herringbone flooring perfectly!

OIlfCj.jpg[/IMG]

U6HSy4.jpg[/IMG]

Dish Rack

9oVhq0.jpg[/IMG]

Condiments Tray

IpQOE7.jpg[/IMG]

Common Bathroom

CW4HUu.jpg[/IMG]

Now we are currently waiting for our taobao shipment to arrive before they can install the lights and other miscellaneous stuff. This reno journey has indeed been fun, and I would recommend anyone to J. J is the boss and he has a lot of experience in this field and can provide a solution to any problems faced on the spot. Given a choice again, I would have insisted that J took up the project management of my place as I find myself more relieved whenever he's at my site supervising the works. E is more of a project management person and at times, forgets the things we discussed which can be quite frustrating as that causes hiccups and no one likes to handle last minute problems. However, he is the person to go to for free small items and cost cutting! If the items are indeed small costs, e.g. T5 lighting, LED Strips, mirror, he would absorb the cost if possible. That's the thing I like about him. Till the next update!

Edited by Malaxo

Wow! Malaxo, really love your home espy the herringbone flooring. The whole place so far looks so diff from the original.

If you don't mind, could you pm me your contractor and grilles person pls? We just bought a resale 4a also, fretting a bit over reno cost :( 

• Like 1

On 4/11/2016 at 10:31 PM, squarekitten said:

Wow! Malaxo, really love your home espy the herringbone flooring. The whole place so far looks so diff from the original.

If you don't mind, could you pm me your contractor and grilles person pls? We just bought a resale 4a also, fretting a bit over reno cost :( 

Hi! PM-ed you both contacts!

Love your kitchen cabinets and flooring! :wub:

i I am with J&E as well and I totally understand you frustrations of E can sometimes be quite forgetful and it is indeed frustrating at times that it was mentioned many times but yet not done accordingly. 

I don't really get any free things from him! I guess I am super bad at bargaining. :rolleyes:

On 10 April 2016 at 10:31 PM, Malaxo said:

Week 6

New gate and main door have been installed. But there's a hiccup! The main gate is supposed to be powder coated white to match our windows, but E made a mistake and ordered a black steel gate instead! Was fuming when he asked if I could accept it. I told him that it was his mistake and to remove and have it replaced with a powder coated white gate. He admitted that it was his fault and was willing to replace it, it would cost him $480 to make a new gate. Wifey was more forgiving and said that she is okay with the gate. The main door was refurbished with matching laminates from our shoe cabinet which also had black frames, thus, wifey said that it could match. Mehhhhhhh. Happy wife, happy life. So we came to a consensus with E and he threw in additional free stuffs for us for this inconvenience.

wBS7cV.jpg[/IMG]

9tzGkZ.jpg[/IMG]

Carpentry have also been installed and we are now waiting for our kitchen and bathroom quartz top to be measured and installed.

Shoe Cabinet

v0jHIh.jpg[/IMG]

MBR Wardrobe

8cKqeo.jpg[/IMG]

WWrqar.jpg[/IMG]

0xKG8Q.jpg[/IMG]

jdWDde.jpg[/IMG]

Chest of Drawers / Side Tables / Headboard

We are going to throw away our current headboard as there was insufficient walking space in front of our bed due to the depth of our current headboard. J recommends at least 50cm of walking space. So we had J customize a built in headboard for us. Tip for anyone signing up with them: If you are looking to customize a built in vanity for your make up, change it to a chest of drawers instead. They charge a flat price for vanity and my chest of drawers cost much lesser than that as it is by per foot run, and it can hold more things! We had the top drawer's interior customized to fit le wifey's accessories.

TNaCKR.jpg[/IMG]

Notice that my switches are the usual white MK switches which isn't what I was looking for. Apparently, E forgot to mention to the electrician that I wanted the LeGrand Mallia series for all my built in switches. I managed to catch the electrician on Saturday while he was installing the switches and I told him that I had mentioned to E many times regarding the switches. He headed out to purchase the switches I requested and did up everything the same day.

MBR Bathroom

Vanity

0M8JvU.jpg[/IMG]

Shower Feature Wall

c5imoV.jpg[/IMG]

Bedroom 2 Wardrobe

I had closed both doors on the wrong side, thus the slanted lines. :wacko:

imzBI8.jpg[/IMG]

6RD6Fm.jpg[/IMG]

ZOC0Lw.jpg[/IMG]

TV Feature Wall

XmPiag.jpg[/IMG]

Kitchen Cabinets

Loving the shaker style cabinets! Matches our herringbone flooring perfectly!

OIlfCj.jpg[/IMG]

U6HSy4.jpg[/IMG]

Dish Rack

9oVhq0.jpg[/IMG]

Condiments Tray

IpQOE7.jpg[/IMG]

Common Bathroom

CW4HUu.jpg[/IMG]

Now we are currently waiting for our taobao shipment to arrive before they can install the lights and other miscellaneous stuff. This reno journey has indeed been fun, and I would recommend anyone to J. J is the boss and he has a lot of experience in this field and can provide a solution to any problems faced on the spot. Given a choice again, I would have insisted that J took up the project management of my place as I find myself more relieved whenever he's at my site supervising the works. E is more of a project management person and at times, forgets the things we discussed which can be quite frustrating as that causes hiccups and no one likes to handle last minute problems. However, he is the person to go to for free small items and cost cutting! If the items are indeed small costs, e.g. T5 lighting, LED Strips, mirror, he would absorb the cost if possible. That's the thing I like about him. Till the next update!

I love your kitchen cabinets! Are the cabinets painted or laminate?

9 hours ago, wsketchpad said:

I love your kitchen cabinets! Are the cabinets painted or laminate?

These are laminates! From the Lamitek series:)

2 hours ago, Malaxo said:

These are laminates! From the Lamitek series:)

Hi Malaxo, did the cabinet doors arrive already "shaker style" or was that fabricated on site? I'm supposed to have that too but the cabinet doors that arrived are "flat" :unsure: getting worried that the contractor didn't get the memo :wacko::angry: