Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

9 minutes ago, ricepapergirl said:

I just checked out Jottergoods, most of their 2.5 seater Sofas are all 175cm. Can consider! Their stuff is quite nice. URL here for the catalogue and check out their FB for nicer photos. Think they only display their physical stuff at the Labrador and the Jurong IMM Star Living outlets. http://ecatalog.co/jottergoods/files/mobile/index.html

Wah, actually Jottergoods's stuffs are nice and is within my requirements, gonna pay a visit to the WEST on weekends :sport-smiley-018:! Thanks ricepapergirl!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
3 hours ago, huiamos said:

Wah, actually Jottergoods's stuffs are nice and is within my requirements, gonna pay a visit to the WEST on weekends :sport-smiley-018:! Thanks ricepapergirl!

Glad to be of help! :) We like Jottergoods too, though in the end we are buying our sofa from Castlery instead (we originally aimed for the Camper Sofa previously). We saw their stuff whilst walking around Jurong IMM, but we've never been to the Labrador one. Do tell whether the showroom there is any good! :)

Super cute drawings of the IDs! Will we get to see more? Maybe one of you in your reno-ed house :D Anyway, excited reading the discussion on furniture brands with ricepapergirl. Would have loved to join in but I'm taobao-ing everything, haha. 

I did consider the glass partition look when I do my place but after consider the loss of 1 room also the requirement to maintain the room in tip top condition, I decided against the idea, after all it is a see thru, any mess created, will be an eyesore.

Open concept kitchen is much sought after nowadays. DO consider if you are air conditioning the living area. If yes, you may need a bigger blower to cool the area, inclusive kitchen. For myself, coming from a second home owner, I have too much barang and need the walls to do cabinets.

18 hours ago, OceanEleven said:

I did consider the glass partition look when I do my place but after consider the loss of 1 room also the requirement to maintain the room in tip top condition, I decided against the idea, after all it is a see thru, any mess created, will be an eyesore.

Open concept kitchen is much sought after nowadays. DO consider if you are air conditioning the living area. If yes, you may need a bigger blower to cool the area, inclusive kitchen. For myself, coming from a second home owner, I have too much barang and need the walls to do cabinets.

@OceanEleven HDB is getting smaller :( Since I'm staying alone, open concept will make the space bigger. Agree with you on the upkeep can be quite taxing after a while. haha. 

Thanks for the tips for the aircon! definitely need a big one for the living/dining/kitchen area. 

21 hours ago, owlNbear said:

Super cute drawings of the IDs! Will we get to see more? Maybe one of you in your reno-ed house :D Anyway, excited reading the discussion on furniture brands with ricepapergirl. Would have loved to join in but I'm taobao-ing everything, haha. 

@owlNbear Thanks :) Gonna get busier as it's nearer to key collection. So by that time gonna show photos instead of drawings. haha. I'm also considering to get stuffs from Taobao too, but I'm a total newbie on this. Please guide me along!

Space Planning

Some updates, this version I did up just to illustrate how the space aga aga will be like. (not from my ID.)

large.spaceplanning-floorplan.jpg.bbcedd

Open Concept Layout, the kitchen island which is the main highlight of the house! Guest can either be at the island, watching tv/playing ps4 at the living room.
Hobby room's wall is replace by glass wall and glass sliding partition.

Hobby room

• Do my personal work like DIY crafts, painting, terrariums, going to try to explore making wallets too.
  • Occasionally, can invite a few friends over to do some boliao handicraft together :paint:
  • Lan party to play dota2! :sport-smiley-018:
  • A small tabletop beside the shelve for my computer.
  • An 3 feet planted aquarium!
  • Bay next to the window, either for sitting or putting my plants, or can be hang down from the ceiling.
  • Open shelvings for books/ collections.
  • Convert the hobby table for dinning with my family, when my elderly mum who's on the wheelchair.

Planning to rent out the guest room in the future. Any takers? hahaha :lol:

@OceanEleven theres built-in shoe cabinet on the right side of the maindoor, haha picture not clear enough to view. Haha

Opposite the dinning, is a tall cabinet unit with holes to slot in a 2door(top/bottom) fridge and a built in oven.

17 minutes ago, huiamos said:

@OceanEleven theres built-in shoe cabinet on the right side of the maindoor, haha picture not clear enough to view. Haha

Opposite the dinning, is a tall cabinet unit with holes to slot in a 2door(top/bottom) fridge and a built in oven.

Just an idea, you can “thicken” the storeroom feature wall and do a shoe cabinet at the side.

This will increase the number of shoes you can hold, for now and future.

Another idea is that if you value storage space, you can do a full height cabinet along the living room (6.5m) wall all the way to window. Incorporate with mounted TV and an altar (if needed). I did something similar to my place turn out pretty good. Especially the amount of storage I have.

8 hours ago, OceanEleven said:

Just an idea, you can “thicken” the storeroom feature wall and do a shoe cabinet at the side.

This will increase the number of shoes you can hold, for now and future.

Another idea is that if you value storage space, you can do a full height cabinet along the living room (6.5m) wall all the way to window. Incorporate with mounted TV and an altar (if needed). I did something similar to my place turn out pretty good. Especially the amount of storage I have.

Good idea for the shoe cabinet! Haha my drawing not to scale, not trained ;p

i prefer to have wall space to hang paintings 

nice layout, nice concept

5 years ago I have a bachelor pad with raw industrial look.  the down side having tough time letting go of my place:o

embarking another journey to a new place, but with family.  hopefully can have enough time to share my next project here:P