Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

its always fun to enjoy the entire renovation process.. haha... for me I basically went to the house every day during my bachelor pad first renovation :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

@Ahyong81 Haha, seeing the progress each day is exciting! I went to read up your T Blog journey again, so nice to see how you document them from day 1 to now. Actually there's alot of detailing to consider, toilet tiles grout colour and pvc trimming colour, the finishing between the toilet to the walkway, etc. 

Day 6

Progress seem to have slow down a little or rather things that they are doing not very visible. :rolleyes:

Electrical works, shifting points
2vnj8lh.jpg

2 layers of waterproofing screed for the wet + dry kitchen, preparation work for wall tiles
2a5x1ue.jpg

Toilet tiles are up, common bathroom. 
ID suggest to increase the shower kerb space a little, to give more comfort during bathing.
23iwcpd.jpg

The workers setup a red cone for peeing, :D So creative!

2rqkgmr.jpg

My MBR toilet, so small too :(
ftfvgk.jpg

Spotted and kill 3 little cockroaches in the bomb shelter :angry:. Believe there will be more gonna place some baits inside.

Btw the ant baits is for my current home, tot they look cool together in this pic. lol
js0fo5.jpg

Day 8

The subway tiles are up! I'm happy that I've picked dark grey grout (the fillings between each tile) and they look pretty nice! Not as harsh as black grout. Just realise that there's a gas pipe there, forgot to ask how will it be concealed. :huh:

2q9kkly.jpg

Cement Screed next to the sink, hope it looks nice after it dries up.
6gjxn5.jpg

Mr tiler cleaning up the grout. 
sc5qp3.jpg

Currently eyeing at this TV
xiaomi-mi-tv-3-60-001.jpg
Mi TV 3 60-inch

http://xiaomi-mi.com/tv/xiaomi-mi-tv-3-60/#

4k display, comes with free soundbar too!  I was hoping that the UI's language can be change to english instead of chinese.

Day 9

Photos are taken by my ID.
Aircon's pipes are to be installed today.

The aircon I've gotten is Multi split Inverter R410A, 28k BTU sys4 at a rather good price from Mr Loo.
He installed the aircon for my brother and mum's places, and provide very good service! Even clean up my aircon ledge which used to be very dirty!

16b0v8p.jpg
Materials used for the aircon pipes.

13zr601.jpg
First time I see how they make partition! - with metal bars and wooden board.
This is to flush that wall with a slight indent.

f0b66g.jpgK
Kitchen floor tiles are laid! The wood texture look like the same tone as my bedrooms's parquet :D
but these are actually porcelain tiles!

6s9kza.jpg
The cement screed wall has dried up and is showing nicely :)

28lqcuh.jpg
Laying the area where cabinets are. My ID says they will do the living and dining cement floor at the final stage to prevent it from damaging from the construction works. 

Apology for the lack of updates, am really very busy with work and running around to get stuffs and many detail discussion with the ID. Low energy level = you give in to almost everything. But am really glad that my ID is very good! can really 放心 and let her run the show.

Day 9 to 17

Alot of work has been done during this time, but not exactly visible or visual. They includes:

1) Aircon pipes
2) Aircon partition box
3) Electrical Wiring and Lan wires to all rooms.
4) Relocation Fibre Point  by OpenNet
5) Partition for my living room to level up the indented wall
6) Making good of the walls and parquet floor
7) Fresh white coat of paint for all the walls including the bombshelter.
8) Overlaying of carboard to protect the tiles.

akcvi8.jpg
The floor is still looking like a post warzone. The cement screed will be the last thing to do after all the carpentry work are done.

293d21c.jpg

51rgbl.jpg
They patched the broken parquet along the edge of the room. It will take a few days for the glue to settle before they can sand down and varnish it.

2mng038.jpg

Day 18

This is an exciting day! as the basic lights are up! Finally I don't have to see the house after work in total darkness.

xnhmcm.jpg
Taken from outside the kitchen, my service yard has lights!

2iafkuc.jpg
Small space inside, but I'm happy that it belongs to me.

2db6zo2.jpg
The guestroom only had 1 6w warm tracklight installed and it's already so bright! Actual place is quite orange, but strangely doesnt look that orange in photo.

35irk1t.jpg
MBR, loving the toilet tiles now, not as dark as it used to be like.

Day 19 and 20

It's past 10pm when i went on to have a look.

Parquet floors for the 3 rooms are varnish! very strong smell that makes me tear! but very happy with the outcome! it looks brand new! So shiny and so nice to walk on! Love it so much!
2vs23ya.jpg

Toilet bowl is up! Now I can see the real beauty of the tiles. Random textures and love the contrast.

qs6p1y.jpg

Can't wait to unveil more

2n8480RCQ2jBe.gif

Day 21

ID is keeping me in suspends today, refuse to tell me what's happening today, only say that I will get to see new things every night I come back and check.

Notice that the gas pipe has been reconfigured. It's no longer cutting directly down from the subway tiles, it's taking a flank from the side which will later on be hidden inside a cabinet. Wires are ready for the hood and I suppose that's for the LED lights under the top hang cabinet.
33wm9w5.jpg

Shower Screen and Rain shower is installed at the MBR Toilet! Pardon me for not introducing the Sanitary wares, am not savvy which brand is good. For me is about costing, function it needs to be for, not much complaints, water and energy saving :). I'm keeping them either stainless steel looking/white, so it stands out from the cement tiles.
23t2vdu.jpg

Storage heater is up, looks so huge ahhh! It's a Joven 35L.
4fx16g.jpg

And tada~
kKo2x2QSWMNfW.gif

My virgin purchase from taobao loots are here!
2eaorw3.jpg

1. Digital Clock
I'm not too sure if i want a wall clock as I dont have much wall space, something simple like this is good.
Verdict: It's much smaller than I expected, doesn't look polish, it comes with a "coin battery" which later on found out it's not meant to power up the clock. Need to be powered by the plug instead. (not recommended)
卧室贪睡创意闹钟静音夜光时钟床头台钟数字led电子钟家居数码钟

105zgg0.jpg

2. Memory foam floor mat
Wanted something to be placed in front of the wash basin at both the toilet. Choose grey so it kind of blends into my cement tile flooring.
Verdict: However the actual product is so light colour. Anyway it's cheap, can't ask for more. (neutral)
地毯

fctxsg.jpg

3. Book Box
Saw this at a friend's place, and thought it's a good idea to use this to hide all the living room remote controls and it looks like a book on the table.
Verdict: A pleasant surprise! the actual thing looks really good, has a little "used" feel and the texture feels like a real book cover too. (recommended)
复古欧美书盒摆件纽约木质仿真书假书家居橱窗陈列服装店装饰道具

5za7s.jpg

2mmfdoh.jpg

4 Digital Door Viewer
Always wanted to have 1 of this after seeing many other Tblogs are showing this. I like the idea of having a LCD screen to view who's outside and people from the outside won't know if there's someone peeping at them too.
Verdict: the item is quite small but looks very good quality! Working condition, powered by 3 AA batteries. Hope this thing last. At first I thought this is gonna be a ugly piece but the colour looks better than the picture. (recommended)
康智能猫眼防盗门可视门铃电子猫眼摄像头 监控 家用门镜R01

2qup06t.jpg

15eehvp.jpg

Links are provided, feel free to check them out.

4 hours ago, JohnJohn said:

Nice taobao purchases. I dare not buy from taobao coz my mandarin is very,very bad.

@JohnJohn you can consider using ezbuy previously known as 65daigou. I would say the buying process can be complex at first, but will definately go back to taobao again for a better bargain :)

12 hours ago, huiamos said:

23t2vdu.jpg

If your glass door swing inwards into the shower area, you may wanna check if the handle hits the wall. I had a similar handle but I change it to a knob type instead of the handle type. It still hits the wall but at least can open to 90deg, slightly wider and parallel with the wall.