Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

5 hours ago, JohnJohn said:

Nice taobao purchases. I dare not buy from taobao coz my mandarin is very,very bad.

Wah, no TB for new place, you dont know what you have been missing out. It is a very simple process, buying, paying, consolidating and shipping. Sea freight cost are reasonable as well. Till date think I had done about 10m3 of shopping in TB. :lol:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
38 minutes ago, OceanEleven said:

If your glass door swing inwards into the shower area, you may wanna check if the handle hits the wall. I had a similar handle but I change it to a knob type instead of the handle type. It still hits the wall but at least can open to 90deg, slightly wider and parallel with the wall.

@OceanEleven Good point! the glass door swings inwards, lesser than 90 degree, there's a circular rubber padding on the wall. You got picture of your existing knob handle?

10 minutes ago, huiamos said:

@OceanEleven Good point! the glass door swings inwards, lesser than 90 degree, there's a circular rubber padding on the wall. You got picture of your existing knob handle?

It is just a normal silver knob, similar to old school cabinet door knob, except it is silver looking alloy material. The glass guy will know and have it. It is a simple and straight forward one to one replacement. This is more of a personal preference, I do like the door to be open parallel to the wall and not slanted, so the knob being "thinner" helps. Also minimal contact with the wall as well.

Day 24

It's been real exhausting to juggle work, renovation and running around so many places to source for things,zz but the show must go on!

Here's some updates.

If you remember previously.... it's a big wooden door.
2qscqrr.jpg

It's been replaced! I love the blurry glass(wired glass) look of this bi fold door! Not only it save up on the swing door space, and it's so nice!

2n87j1x.jpg

@OceanEleven Here's how the glass door looks like when it's fully open, not 90 degree, not an issue for me as I'm not very big size :P I like the horizontal handle too, allows me to hang a towel there,

qx08w3.jpg

My Hobby room is taking shape! Looks like a giant terrarium!2uolv5u.jpg

Day time shot

2vufy9y.jpg

Thanks to the long weekend, I get the chance to shop at ikea. is already crowded at 10am...

Items I got from Ikea:

STAVE
Mirror, white stained oak effect white stained oak (40x160cm)
Full length mirror for the MBR

stave-mirror__0106744_PE255477_S4.JPG

STAVE
Mirror, black-brown (70x70cm)
For the Common toilet

stave-mirror__76919_PE197758_S4.JPG

FINTORP
Rail, black (79cm)
For the above the kitchen sink

fintorp-rail-black__0119154_PE275321_S4.

The hooks are sold separately

fintorp-hook-black__0119152_PE275319_S4.

KOMPLEMENT
Pull-out multi-use hanger, white (35cm)
For my wardrobe to put belts :)

komplement-pull-out-multi-use-hanger-whi

The ID send people down to wash both toilets and clean the windows, an unexpected pleasant arrangement :) 

On 5/2/2016 at 0:19 PM, OceanEleven said:

This is what I meant. I didnt like the door unable to open to flush with the wall, hence the change.

Shower%20Screen.jpg

Hi can i have your ID contact please ? Thanks

Help!!

Need recommendation for the following electrical appliances:

1) Vacuum cleaner (with bag or bagless)

2) Clothes steamer (for tee shirts and berms)

3) Iron (for work clothes)

4) Air cooler or fan

For vacuum, I can tell you I am a dyson convert. I used to stand by my MIG karcher, but when my coffee table glass accidentally shattered all over my living room, the dyson was a real lifesaver. You can feel the suction is different, even from between the grout... I just got a Dyson rollerball one with the double turbine... 

The rest I can't really recommend because I feel not much diff using different brands. I just bought an Aerogas tower fan for my service yard that was super cheap and very good on Qoo10 though :) 

Vacuum -  Bag less better, lower maintenance, no look to buy replacement bag in the long run. With budget, get a robotic vacuum. Just leave it to run and clean when full.

Clothes steamer – I got it off Taobao, coming 2 years, still working fine. Abt RMB250 then.

Iron – No comments, ranges from tens to hundreds, with docking, like a space shuttle.

Air cooler/Fan – If considering air cooler, better off using air conditioning. Fan, the usual KDK standing fan. Else can get Vornado air circulator from Amazon, free shipping but need power converter to work. Works to be about approx.. SGD140 all in. Of course, there is the Dyson but seriously, not willing to splurge this way.

@bykaraanne Dyson Vacuum's price is on the high side :( Do you think Karcher is good enough?

@OceanEleven Yeah, I'm going bagless! Vornado Air Circulator looks pretty too! Need to check if they are strong.

Thanks for the recommendation guys!

I also thought so when I first moved in. But seriously I am a convert. Nothing seems good enough for me anymore.

that said, Karcher just came out with their first bagless system, not sure if it's MIG though. But it's very cheap, $199? 

My German friends say Karcher is the Porshe of vacuum cleaners in Germany... So I think not bad too. I never had a problem with my bagged one. :) 

• Like 1