Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi Everyone,

First of all, I will like to thanks all the t-blogger for giving me ideas and introducing your ID / Contractor and where to shop. Really benefited a lot from you guys. Been waiting for about 6 years to finally get my keys for my project! Now, I can finally blog about my reno journey too~~ weee~~~

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I think my project has the smallest 4 room ever T.T, it's only 83 sqm.
Problem No 1: Placing of dining table
Problem No 2: To put or not to put common toilet shower screen
Problem No 3: Kitchen with a window there is weird?

gallery_67523_980_181833.png

Edited by angeljas

I think my project has the smallest 4 room ever T.T, it's only 83 sqm.
Problem No 1: Placing of dining table
Problem No 2: To put or not to put common toilet shower screen
Problem No 3: Kitchen with a window there is weird?

Problem 1 -

That is a challenge, your ID should come up with some ideas. It also depends on how your living room sofa layout as well.

The facing of TV console (or wall mounted), sofa set design, 2/3 seater, L shape all plays a part.

Problem 2 -

Answer is no. WC location is fixed, will cost more to shift. Shape of washroom is approx. 1.7m x 1.695m, making it a square.

So how to divide a square, catering for a WC as well as a sink? Better off using only a shower curtain or simply empty.

Also, do note where are the big veritical drainage pipes, they will act as a hinderance and crucial in planning if shower glass are insisted.

Problem 3 -

It is inded kinda weird. That position is the best place for a fridge but placing it there will make the window redundant.

See what the ID can propose. Your kitchen is small, minus off the entrance and window, you have only approx. 2 meters of table top.

Taking away the sink and hob, you are left with even lesser table space for appliances and preparation of food.

Doing top and bottom cabinet will ensure maximising the storage. Can consider hacking away the wall/dppr/window to the service yard (if allow).

This will free up more space and have an more even out look, instead of cluster feel.

Problem 1 -

That is a challenge, your ID should come up with some ideas. It also depends on how your living room sofa layout as well.

The facing of TV console (or wall mounted), sofa set design, 2/3 seater, L shape all plays a part.

Problem 2 -

Answer is no. WC location is fixed, will cost more to shift. Shape of washroom is approx. 1.7m x 1.695m, making it a square.

So how to divide a square, catering for a WC as well as a sink? Better off using only a shower curtain or simply empty.

Also, do note where are the big veritical drainage pipes, they will act as a hinderance and crucial in planning if shower glass are insisted.

Problem 3 -

It is inded kinda weird. That position is the best place for a fridge but placing it there will make the window redundant.

See what the ID can propose. Your kitchen is small, minus off the entrance and window, you have only approx. 2 meters of table top.

Taking away the sink and hob, you are left with even lesser table space for appliances and preparation of food.

Doing top and bottom cabinet will ensure maximising the storage. Can consider hacking away the wall/dppr/window to the service yard (if allow).

This will free up more space and have an more even out look, instead of cluster feel.

ya.. I had consider hacking away the yard. But can only hack 1 side cos the other side has 2 pips blocking it directly.. the whole house layout so weird.. T.T

Computer Room

gallery_67523_980_58790.png

Both me and hub are gamers, so we need 2 cpu with monitor.. hence need a lonnnnnggggggg table. hahah

gallery_67523_980_65348.jpg

Glass wall or no glass wall???? its so in trend now!! and its sooo nice! but hub keep saying he has no privacy if my friends come visiting >.<

Edited by angeljas

Things to be done:

1) Divider

2) TV Console with Storage space

3) Computer Table

4) Glass wall??? (Pending)

5) Kitchen

6) 13 Ft wardrobe at MBR

7) Overlay of MBR Toilet

8) Windows at service yard

9) Window grills for all windows

10) Painting

11) Electrician

Will 25k be enough for all this?? >.<

gallery_67523_980_211696.png

Edited by angeljas

Hello angeljas!

I believe you are in the same project as one of my close friend. She told me they have a problem no.4: window inside MBR facing the aircon ledge. We are using the same ID, and the ID manage to help solve this problem.

Her dining area should be similar to the one in your moodboard (i haven't go to her house yet! will visit her place end of March :P)

As for common bath, I suggest it's better not to do shower screen. It will cramp up the place even more. Common bathroom are usually use to fill pails to mop floor or wash things... so it's easier to do it without shower screen :)

Things I have bought way before the start of reno.. :P

gallery_67523_980_93044.png

This is my FAV of ALL!! A lot of my friends told me that its waste of money and no point buying such a high end fridge, you are just staying HDB, not condo or landed. But I really love it leh.. I love the thaw box, every time i need to thaw my frozen meat, i can just put it there and it wun make my food fridge stinky. The Ice box is also separated in another box, so it wont have fishy taste when I put the ice. Its small also that suit my mini kitchen. And whats more! I got a super good deal that cost few hundred cheaper than original price. Just hack and buy la. :P

gallery_67523_980_57363.jpg

Bought this TV during audio house 26th anniversary. LG49UF640T 49 Inch @ $1299. I am so stupid! I should have gotta 1 battery or anything cheap to get 1 more $26 voucher. As every $100 spent, you will received 1 $26 voucher. So I only managed to get 12 x $26 voucher. Well, it give me a free Blu Ray player and free delivery. Hence, quite a good deal also i guess.

gallery_67523_980_30821.jpg

This hob is my love at first sight! its ceramic, 3 burners and best of all, its only 70cm!! Most of the hob is around 80 to 95cm. it will be way too big for my mini kitchen. So i got a hood, build in oven and this hob as a combo and pay it with my audio house voucher and total only cost me $1106.

gallery_67523_980_40578.png

I had no idea what and which model to buy for wash and dryer. I just wan a front load one. So the sales person from gain city intro me this. Since i have group purchase for my project with this outlet gain city, the washer only cost me $849 and free rice cook and a $50 grocery voucher. Hope this washer is not too bad ah. I trust the salesman.. hahah

Edited by angeljas

Hello angeljas!

I believe you are in the same project as one of my close friend. She told me they have a problem no.4: window inside MBR facing the aircon ledge. We are using the same ID, and the ID manage to help solve this problem.

Her dining area should be similar to the one in your moodboard (i haven't go to her house yet! will visit her place end of March :P)

As for common bath, I suggest it's better not to do shower screen. It will cramp up the place even more. Common bathroom are usually use to fill pails to mop floor or wash things... so it's easier to do it without shower screen :)

Hihi, i think the window at aircon ledge for me wont be a problem, since it wont block my wardrobe, so i just need to grill it up. Hee.. thanks for your suggestion!! I think i just leave the common bathroom as it is. can save cost also. hahah.. your friend is which block? skali we are neighbor side by side! hahah

Edited by angeljas

Hi angeljas,

Same choice as me but i'm looking at Panasonic brand 6-door for my new BTO unit.

Two years ago, bought the Panasonic one for my mom.

We loved it so much especially the ice box which is isolated on its own and there are lots of compartments for storing food. (convenient during CNY where my mom tend to buy a lot )

But it's really expensive. :(

Anyway, as long as you are happy with it, that matters. hahaha

Things I have bought way before the start of reno.. :P

gallery_67523_980_93044.png

This is my FAV of ALL!! A lot of my friends told me that its waste of money and no point buying such a high end fridge, you are just staying HDB, not condo or landed. But I really love it leh.. I love the thaw box, every time i need to thaw my frozen meat, i can just put it there and it wun make my food fridge stinky. The Ice box is also separated in another box, so it wont have fishy taste when I put the ice. Its small also that suit my mini kitchen. And whats more! I got a super good deal that cost few hundred cheaper than original price. Just hack and buy la. :P

Went to Hafary and choose my toilet tiles!

Wall Tile

large.56cc675751780_toilet2.jpg.0490b826

Floor Tile

large.56cc674d0021f_toilet1.jpg.397d434e

Only managed to choose these 2.  Cant find others that we like, hope that the end effect is good since there is no 3d for the toilet >.<

Edited by angeljas

After price cutting, nego, deducting of items, nego again and final discount, we finally got the price we wanted! and the contractor is so cool, draw the layout on the spot for me. cant wait to see the 3D!!

Due to the same living area, my sofa can only have 1.8m.  In order to get a bigger sofa, my contractor suggest to put the TV console at the left side. Well, save cost to build a smaller tv console also.  haha! As for the kitchen, they suggest not to place the fridge at the window, since there will be wind coming in and natural light.  So, listen to their recommend, I put my fridge near the service yard.

Living Room

large.IMG-20160125-WA0017.jpg.a490773353large.2.png.85102dce908fed71148282113982

Divider

large.IMG-20160125-WA0016.jpg.94a3e30d49large.1.png.66cbf94c7062a695dd55d353c318

Study Room

large.IMG-20160125-WA0021.jpg.f44feeba30

large.6.png.d545b9d4c4ba478996ae4da51924large.5.png.b6ae25de794038566ac2bfca0bce

Kitchen

large.IMG-20160125-WA0019.jpg.eb56b2a7a4large.IMG-20160125-WA0020.jpg.4e3462ac89

large.4.png.c7f3889e7078a4227e07128896a5

MBR Wardrobe

large.IMG-20160125-WA0018.jpg.7d4cc4f200large.3.png.9712431bd6f331ddabdc5e065790