Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

u have the exact house layout as my friend, woodlands? my suggestion for ur kitchen sink location, u need leave some space to move your arms around, so don put it right next to the wall. keep at least 30-50cm distance to put ur stuff. if sink is too close to the stove, can shift the stove to opposite side as sink drainage already fix, gas pipe can be rerouted, even easier if you only use induction cooker. :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
6 hours ago, Freb said:

u have the exact house layout as my friend, woodlands? my suggestion for ur kitchen sink location, u need leave some space to move your arms around, so don put it right next to the wall. keep at least 30-50cm distance to put ur stuff. if sink is too close to the stove, can shift the stove to opposite side as sink drainage already fix, gas pipe can be rerouted, even easier if you only use induction cooker. :)

Hihi, thanks for the advise!! is at queenstown. :D  i had already bought my stove.  then the gas pipe is at the sink side, if i put at the fridge side, which i tot of earlier also, it has to make a very big round.. so just has to stick beside sink. :~ seriously this layout is super funny lo.. haix

Hello neighbour.

Yes I have exactly same dilemma as you. Square toilet I went without screen

Service yard wall left as is due to the 2 pipes.

I placed my fridge at the window. Doesn't affect wind quality as for my unit the low pressure zone is at service yard. And I don't want people looking into my unit thru that window.

i positioned my sink to the center as like freb mentioned, as the wall will restrict movement during washing.

stove went to the other side. If you look at the both sides top of the service yard wall there are openings (capped) for gas pipe to make a trip round to the other side of the kitchen so the gas pipes won't be visible after carpentry 

my initial plan also 13ft line of wardrobe. But changed to L shape as i don't want to stand on the bed to access the bed facing ends of the wardrobe. You may like to measure physically the width of the room first. 

Edited by Changbp

On 2/24/2016 at 11:04 PM, Changbp said:

Hello neighbour.

Yes I have exactly same dilemma as you. Square toilet I went without screen

Service yard wall left as is due to the 2 pipes.

I placed my fridge at the window. Doesn't affect wind quality as for my unit the low pressure zone is at service yard. And I don't want people looking into my unit thru that window.

i positioned my sink to the center as like freb mentioned, as the wall will restrict movement during washing.

stove went to the other side. If you look at the both sides top of the service yard wall there are openings (capped) for gas pipe to make a trip round to the other side of the kitchen so the gas pipes won't be visible after carpentry 

my initial plan also 13ft line of wardrobe. But changed to L shape as i don't want to stand on the bed to access the bed facing ends of the wardrobe. You may like to measure physically the width of the room first. 

Hi Neighbour, which blk are you at?  the 13ft wardrobe is so tempting lo, hence we go for it.  now a bit regret, cos the air con trunking like cant hide.. T.T I was quite blur one, so i just follow whatever the contractor suggest.. hahaha..

Wooooo... my 3D is out!!!

I love my kitchen to the max!!! I ask my contractor not to cover the disk rack, as i find it very inconvenient.  contractor actually suggest to have to 2 tall units at the fridge side, but due to budget constraint, have to change to shelving and table top. sob~ the hole at the table top is for me to put in the kitchen trolley, so that i will have extra working space if i needed to due to the small kitchen i have.

large.IMG-20160213-WA0006.jpg.f12f420f9b

Ta-dah~~ my kitchen trolley from ikea, my contractor is so nice to assemble this for me for free.. :D

large.grundtal-kitchen-trolley__0165609_

The living room.

At first sight was ok.  but after staring at it for a while, it looks sibei funny la.. hub also reject this totally.. gonna change this definitely!!

large.IMG-20160213-WA0004.jpg.678b55c1dd

Computer Room.

This looks ok, but realize the hole below the top cabinet is too small?? have to do some adjustment

large.56d5a39bd400a_IMG-20160213-WA0005(

Yeah!! my overlay of MBR toilet is done!  quite like the result :D notice the tiles a bit weird, contractor say cos haven polish and wash.  will look better after that.  will update the toilet again!

large.20160219_143811.jpg.52996a9c9b7ad8large.20160219_143803.jpg.a663a58b124051large.20160219_143754.jpg.50b3fcc1994053

Air con is here~~~ really like the service from gain city.  they are really nice and patience.  I must admit that me and my hub are very blur like sotong and simi also dunno.  So he actually walk me thru the trunking path and tell me where he will drill hole, where the trunking will be and give me a few options to choose from.  When he told me that the water pipe will be at mbr toilet and have to drill hole there i got a shock of my life.  we paid so much to overlay the toilet and he is doing that!! :o  after telling him my concern, he keep measure here and there and found a beautiful solution for it.  he drill a hole behind my mbr door that connect to my common toilet, and connect the water pipe thru there.  in between here and there, i keep calling my contractor and he spoke to the air con technician to solve the problems together.  I am very glad that i choose this contract recommended from renotalk! even the air con technician say this contractor very good, as most of the contractor or ID wont bother helping or talk to the technician for so long.

But there is this problem here now.  Since i will be doing the 13 ft wardrobe, there is no way to hide the trunking by the window there.  is there anyway to hide it???  :~

large.20160222_145823.jpg.e4fb00899bc50b

On 2/19/2016 at 9:10 AM, angeljas said:

ya.. I had consider hacking away the yard. But can only hack 1 side cos the other side has 2 pips blocking it directly.. the whole house layout so weird.. T.T

Seriously, can hack. Hack and then box up using carpentry. A full height one, the piping one can use to keep brooms and mops.

The wall and window of the service yard simply just “eat” into your area.

Beside this full cabinet, you can do a tower unit or to house a microwave and/or oven.

As for the sink, based on your 3D, is really not advisable with the wall and window.

Will have restriction when doing dishes, not forgetting the yard door is blocking as well.

If you fine with it, I can post how I hacked the wall and window and boxed the 2 big piping here.

On 1 March 2016 at 10:11 PM, angeljas said:

Hi Neighbour, which blk are you at?  the 13ft wardrobe is so tempting lo, hence we go for it.  now a bit regret, cos the air con trunking like cant hide.. T.T I was quite blur one, so i just follow whatever the contractor suggest.. hahaha..

Mine not enough space. After calculating length of bed plus depth of wardrobe I only have like 10mm space to walk. Need to stand on bed to get stuff, so I switched to L.

Trunking Can box up. But will be strange lah. Or do custom carpentry, maybe a makeup desk cabinet that runs all the way up.

Maybe you can check if your ac trunking comes out from below can came out from top instead thus no vertical trunk along the window. At this stage you probably need to pay extra for this rework.

the bathroom tiles may still look strange after wash because the tiles are not long enough to cover the wall width and a second piece had to be cut and place on its side. When the 2 sides meet the tile pattern don't match, I had this problem also. I sort of purposely had the tiles oriented in a certain manner to minimize this.... Anyway once the other bathroom accessories are in it won't be obvious already. 

Hi Angeljas, changbp

I'm getting my flat next year and my flat size is Similar to urs except my kitchen r much smaller.  Mind sharing your contractor details and name with the quotation too.  Possible to send me the photos and the carpentry works still working well?  Pls email to thanpuilan@yahoo.com.sg

Thank you