3 minutes ago, Polkadots08 said:

Sorry just ignore me. i just saw your subject saying parkedge :P

maybe i will just add the location.:good:

Edited by rapala1982

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
1 hour ago, rapala1982 said:

maybe i will just add the location.:good:

Thank you! :)

Mine floor plan is exactly like yours, just that my kitchen is open concept without the walls. 

42 minutes ago, akf said:

Hi,

Can send me the list of the ID you posted? 

Thanks 

PMed in 5 mins

34 minutes ago, Polkadots08 said:

Thank you! :)

Mine floor plan is exactly like yours, just that my kitchen is open concept without the walls. 

my wife extremely loves cooking thus i didn't go for open concept and also save cost cause ain't cheap.

1 hour ago, rapala1982 said:

PMed in 5 mins

my wife extremely loves cooking thus i didn't go for open concept and also save cost cause ain't cheap.

hehe yah mine if i want the kitchen wall i have to pay SGD3000.00 for it. so might as well open concept! :)

That Panasonic microwave and oven is the best! I used it for the longest time at my rental. Quite easy to clean cus no spinning disc at the bottom! Haha but agree the top and sides can get tricky if too dirty... :D

4 hours ago, bykaraanne said:

That Panasonic microwave and oven is the best! I used it for the longest time at my rental. Quite easy to clean cus no spinning disc at the bottom! Haha but agree the top and sides can get tricky if too dirty... :D

yeah it is really amazing, very simple yet sophisticated machine and yeah i love the flat bottom. been a year now, exterior still looks amazing but interior looks like a head exploded in it... 

On 22 February, 2016 at 5:21 PM, rapala1982 said:

my new layout is almost the same just like a mirror reflection:P

I believe now a days all the bto layout is the same just different area:o

gallery_69151_967_247612.gif

my new layout is almost the same just like a mirror reflection:P

I believe now a days all the bto layout is the same just different area:o

yeah its more of less the same layout for every new BTO now. mass production at premium price...

Actually why almost no one in renotalk buy their stuffs from Ikea? I went over to Ikea today and they have everything there, the price doesn't seem too expensive too. Quality wise I heard it has improved compared to last time when they just started.

Also TS, have you visited yafen for LED lights? Not sure where to get my LED light at now...

14 hours ago, Del8 said:

Actually why almost no one in renotalk buy their stuffs from Ikea? I went over to Ikea today and they have everything there, the price doesn't seem too expensive too. Quality wise I heard it has improved compared to last time when they just started.

Ikea's quality still remain much to be to desired. The better quality ones comes at a more premium price if you notice. 

Eg. Billy book case, no doubt the white ones are cheap, but the add-on glass doors are costly.

Any other colour also tip the scale again. Made up of chip wood board, the shelves tends to warp after sometime with load.

2 hours ago, OceanEleven said:
2 hours ago, OceanEleven said:

Ikea's quality still remain much to be to desired. The better quality ones comes at a more premium price if you notice. 

Eg. Billy book case, no doubt the white ones are cheap, but the add-on glass doors are costly.

Any other colour also tip the scale again. Made up of chip wood board, the shelves tends to warp after sometime with load.

I see! Thanks for the insights. I thought I could happily just buy everything from there, looks like I have to work harder afterall lol

3 hours ago, OceanEleven said:

I am a fan of Ikea but also because of that I think there are things that Ikea does well which are still cheaper than other places but not that cheap in Ikea sense (PAX wardrobes, stuff made of glass and metal day bed frames) and there are things you just have to gauge whether it's worth it. As someone who overloaded my Billy bookshelves, I agree that they tend to warp after some time (the same with some of the bottoms of the drawers for their chest of drawers) but the problem is not as bad when you are talking about the narrower Billy bookshelves (40cm wide instead of 80cm wide) because of the way the bookshelves are joint together. So it may be worth not getting the dirt cheap stuff from Ikea but thinking deeper into it. If it helps it usually still lasts around 2 to 4 years though before you have to get another one. I also think this is a good skill to have (thinking about how easily thing will spoil) when you are buying stuff online like Taobao because you may also not know for sure how well it will hold up over time.

I bought some cabinets from IKEA and wardrobe from a furniture shop.  The fall back is, these ready made stuff, even though is call "full height", it cannot covers till the top of the ceiling, leaving a gap and can collect dust.  But, sometimes, it can still slots in some thin stuff.  I think this is the reason why the bloggers here all custom made their wardrobes and I am also thinking the same but if after comparing the price (whether to seal up the top or don't mind the little gap), the cost for custom made is rocket high compare with getting from IKEA or ready made furniture shop, I will go for the later.