Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
rapala1982

4Rm Parkedge with Ultimate Reno Newbie Guide

18 hours ago, iluvfff said:

I bought some cabinets from IKEA and wardrobe from a furniture shop.  The fall back is, these ready made stuff, even though is call "full height", it cannot covers till the top of the ceiling, leaving a gap and can collect dust.  But, sometimes, it can still slots in some thin stuff.  I think this is the reason why the bloggers here all custom made their wardrobes and I am also thinking the same but if after comparing the price (whether to seal up the top or don't mind the little gap), the cost for custom made is rocket high compare with getting from IKEA or ready made furniture shop, I will go for the later.

Custom made is definitely fit to the requirement. The depth, width, height, external laminate, colour combination, internal laminate etc all can be choose to meet and match requirement. This, comes with a price. Market rate nowadays goes from approx.. $180 per foot run up, so one can do the math before committing. One of biggest advantages which is also the biggest disadvantages of customary is made to fit but then, which also means cant be remove when moving house.

Off the shelves offers flexibility and uniqueness. A nice standalone cupboard may the centrepiece of the living or the room. Then it also challenges owner’s depth of knowledge to mix and match. But most pieces will have empty space at the top or both (legs) and likely become dust trapper.

Price wise, I feel nice pieces don’t come cheap nowadays, especially if looking at Jottergood and Commune kind of prices. A simple 4 drawer unit can be easily SGD1k, same price can get you about 4-5 feet of cabinet. Bottomline is also how the owner manage to blend both types in the overall look of the house while balancing the balance sheet.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
On 3/2/2016 at 6:08 PM, OceanEleven said:

Custom made is definitely fit to the requirement. The depth, width, height, external laminate, colour combination, internal laminate etc all can be choose to meet and match requirement. This, comes with a price. Market rate nowadays goes from approx.. $180 per foot run up, so one can do the math before committing. One of biggest advantages which is also the biggest disadvantages of customary is made to fit but then, which also means cant be remove when moving house.

Off the shelves offers flexibility and uniqueness. A nice standalone cupboard may the centrepiece of the living or the room. Then it also challenges owner’s depth of knowledge to mix and match. But most pieces will have empty space at the top or both (legs) and likely become dust trapper.

Price wise, I feel nice pieces don’t come cheap nowadays, especially if looking at Jottergood and Commune kind of prices. A simple 4 drawer unit can be easily SGD1k, same price can get you about 4-5 feet of cabinet. Bottomline is also how the owner manage to blend both types in the overall look of the house while balancing the balance sheet.

well said, it all depends on your wallet and how comfortable you are during your renovation. normally most people who does built in are planning to live in the most for years to come and those who get off the shelves items are most probably waiting to rent out their flat asap.

My 2 cents as i have done my fair share of visiting lots of unit during my hay days of renting house. 

19 hours ago, megafish said:

Hello,

Nice view from your unit. just bought resale at Hg. Do u mind sharing your electrician contact pls? Thanks!

thank you very much megafish, Please let me check with my dad as this is more of a personal friendship request.

Thanks for such a detailed guide and tips, fellow parkedger!! i think we are from the same block haha :D

Can't wait to get our keys next week

Edited by eniver0811

Hi rapala1982,

Want to ask about your flooring. I have been to floor xpert n evorich and innovar, all offering vinyl at $6-$7/sqft. Did you check  these companies out? Want to know what is the difference between the vinyl? Price difference because of quality or because i was overcharged?? hehe..

Can give me the contact for your ID as well? And a few other IDs that you dont mind recommending so that i can get a few quotes to compare as well. Thanx so much.

On 5/6/2016 at 10:38 AM, eniver0811 said:

Thanks for such a detailed guide and tips, fellow parkedger!! i think we are from the same block haha :D

Can't wait to get our keys next week

hello eniver0811, i am in block C. hope you enjoy the guide and tips. will be updating soon.

On 5/6/2016 at 3:12 PM, huggermonster said:

Hi rapala1982,

Want to ask about your flooring. I have been to floor xpert n evorich and innovar, all offering vinyl at $6-$7/sqft. Did you check  these companies out? Want to know what is the difference between the vinyl? Price difference because of quality or because i was overcharged?? hehe..

Can give me the contact for your ID as well? And a few other IDs that you dont mind recommending so that i can get a few quotes to compare as well. Thanx so much

hello huggermonster, my floor is from floorich. very well accoladed, reputable singapore company. they don't market themselves like what evorich does thus the cost was marked down marginally. Evorich is slightly over priced due to marketing, didnt check out innovar but did get to feel some china brands my id has which is not to my liking (very plasticky and funny)

I am not a vinyl expert but i believe Vinyl from different company has different texture and colours. At the end of it for me would be feeling texture of the material (closest to wood), cost and company experience. My sales manager was pretty good in explaining everything but best thing was the delivery whereby everything was fix in a day. no complaint on the workmanship.

I will PM you in a while.

On 2/22/2016 at 0:07 AM, rapala1982 said:

medium.IMG_20160505_141220-002.jpg.36326medium.IMG_20160508_133357-001.jpg.af8dcmedium.IMG_20160508_133252-001.jpg.4f03c

Hi, can check what is the product code or name of the vinyl tile you are using for both living & bedroom? 

Can pm me your ID contact? thanks

Edited by SonOfTPY

2 hours ago, SonOfTPY said:

Hi, can check what is the product code or name of the vinyl tile you are using for both living & bedroom? 

Can pm me your ID contact? thanks

hello, my vinyl code is NCS021 bedrooms and NCS022 living room from floorrich.

PM you on my ID and flooring contacts. Cheers. Good luck.