Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Victims of Jorence Lim Kok Han aka Jo Lim

Jorence lim Kok Han aka Jo Lim had ran away after accepting $65,000.00 payment for my HDB renovation at Punggol Waterway Brooks. He is now un-contactable where he had switch off his handphone and left my whatsapp chat group on the 19 Feb 2016.

Jo's previous employer Artisan Space Pte Ltd is also a victim of his unethical ways where he mislead Artisan Space's clients and many people to believe that a company J + Design Pte Ltd set up by Jo's collaborator Lee Wai Yee belongs to Artisan Space, causing a lot of confusion and misunderstandings between the victims and Artisan Space.

I have made a police report against Jo Lim and Lee Wai Yee the director of J+ Design Pte Ltd, report no A/20160221/2039 at the Bukit Merah East N.P.C locate at the Police Cantonment Complex. The investing office is Nicholas Tang Weiwei. Currently the police has classified the case as a Breach of Agreement and they cannot act upon it unless there are other victims who are willing to step forward to make a report against Jo Lim and Lee Wai Yee. When there are enough victims, the police will treat it as a cheating case and they can take action towards them.

In order to help victims of Jo Lim to locate him, I strongly suggest that the other victims make their police report at the Cantonment Complex located above Outram MRT Station and request the report to be sent to Mr Nicholas Tang Weiwei as the IO. This will help speed up the action of the police.

When making the police report, it will be best if the victims can prepare a detail chronicle of instance or evident so that it can facilitate the IO's job. Example of chronicle of instance can be like a whatsapp chat log and evident might be bank transfer statements paid to Jo or J+ Design's OCBC bank account.

I hope that the police can locate this Jo Lim and Lee Wai Yee fast so that they cannot cheat other people in the future. 

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Today I have submitted a notice of consultation from the Small Claims Tribunals by hand to J+ Design Pte Ltd at their registered address. The place seems to belong to the parent of the director of J+ Design Pte Ltd and I hope that they will turn up at the Small Claims Tribunals on the given date.

Edited by VChia

J+ Design called renotalk admin to report this thread and ask them to remove it for exposing them after the photo of Jo was put up. Maybe other victims of Jo Lim would like to share what happen to them here in this thread and we can see how many people are effected by this J+ Design company. 

Victims would include people like home owners, suppliers, sub contractors and even his previous employer.

Heard from Jo's previous employer that Jo collected money from one of the owner to purchase an air-condition system but it wasn't delivered to the owner and the supplier claims that they didn't receive any payment from Jo or the owner. Jo passed an invoice to the owner but I'm not to sure if it was a real invoice or not. This will have to leave it to the police to investigate. 

Edited by VChia

Today I went to the Small Claim Tribunals and the director of J+ Design Lee Wai Yee turned up. Nothing was settled so another date is set up for me to submit my evidence and case to the court for the Judge to pass judgement. Sorry I am unable to share the detail of what happened in the small claim Tribunals because it is private and confidential and the registrar warned that I shouldn't be disclosing much on the forum to avoid other legal action taken against me. Somebody made a police report against me because of what I did exposing what Jorence did with J+ Design and I think they might have used it to try and get the forum administrator to take down my posting in here.

I think that there are a lot of other victims who are unaware of what they can do and they are suffering in silence.

Edited by VChia

To the other victims of Jorence Lim, you may wish to set up an account here and send me a message so that I may share with you the action that I have taken so far.

5 hours ago, VChia said:

To the other victims of Jorence Lim, you may wish to set up an account here and send me a message so that I may share with you the action that I have taken so far.

it seems like you are the only victim of him, you may like to check with CASE if someone else has logged in the same complaint?

There are other victims which I know from Artisan's bosses that currently do not know what they can do so I would encourage them if they read about these posts to post here or try to contact me here.

As for checking with CASE, they are helpless in such scenario because the only thing they could do was to help draft a letter to ask J+ Design to come and rectified the situation, there is no authority that can govern and force J+ Design or the people responsible to the table.  

The first step I took was to lodge a case with CASE and sent a registered mail to the registered address of J+ Design for them to contact and respond to me within a week but they didn't, so the next step was the small claim tribunal. 

Only after I sent the notice of consultation from the small claim tribunal to the registered address of J+ Design by hand, did then the director Lee Wai Yee showed up for the consultation. 

I think I forgot to add that victims of Jorence Lim and J+ Design might be also clients who had previously engage them for renovation and their job are completed by them because to my knowledge, J+ Design is not registered HDB and they will most likely not apply for HDB renovation permits for the customers when they do their renovation.

They didn't apply for the renovation permits for my case and they did a hacking of 1 of my kitchen wall which required the permit. If HDB officers go and inspect those project done by this company, maybe the owners will have to fork out another sum of money to rectify what is done illegally without the permits. So people who are reading this post must really beware of what might happen to you if you really did engage their services.

Edited by VChia

22 hours ago, VChia said:

There are other victims which I know from Artisan's bosses that currently do not know what they can do so I would encourage them if they read about these posts to post here or try to contact me here.

As for checking with CASE, they are helpless in such scenario because the only thing they could do was to help draft a letter to ask J+ Design to come and rectified the situation, there is no authority that can govern and force J+ Design or the people responsible to the table.  

The first step I took was to lodge a case with CASE and sent a registered mail to the registered address of J+ Design for them to contact and respond to me within a week but they didn't, so the next step was the small claim tribunal. 

Only after I sent the notice of consultation from the small claim tribunal to the registered address of J+ Design by hand, did then the director Lee Wai Yee showed up for the consultation. 

I think I forgot to add that victims of Jorence Lim and J+ Design might be also clients who had previously engage them for renovation and their job are completed by them because to my knowledge, J+ Design is not registered HDB and they will most likely not apply for HDB renovation permits for the customers when they do their renovation.

They didn't apply for the renovation permits for my case and they did a hacking of 1 of my kitchen wall which required the permit. If HDB officers go and inspect those project done by this company, maybe the owners will have to fork out another sum of money to rectify what is done illegally without the permits. So people who are reading this post must really beware of what might happen to you if you really did engage their services.

Yes it is important to engage a HDB Licensed contractor for your HDB flat renovation.

I agree with you tiler seng, for my case, I signed a packaged at the Singapore Expo with the first company which had the HDB licensed and paid a deposit with them. Jo was appointed as the ID in-charge of my case. After I collected my key, I contacted Jo from the my first package that I had signed and was presented a quote under J+ Design which Jo claimed that it belongs to the same boss of the first company, misleading my wife and I to believed that, he was still a staff with the first company when he was doing my renovation. I believe that Jo had planned these for a long time and I recently found out that the first company had lost quite a few customer because of what Jo did.

9 hours ago, VChia said:

I agree with you tiler seng, for my case, I signed a packaged at the Singapore Expo with the first company which had the HDB licensed and paid a deposit with them. Jo was appointed as the ID in-charge of my case. After I collected my key, I contacted Jo from the my first package that I had signed and was presented a quote under J+ Design which Jo claimed that it belongs to the same boss of the first company, misleading my wife and I to believed that, he was still a staff with the first company when he was doing my renovation. I believe that Jo had planned these for a long time and I recently found out that the first company had lost quite a few customer because of what Jo did.

in life we trusted wrong person because they are either sweet talker or long planner, we seems to have no choice but to leave them to the authorities.

Yesterday I spoke to a lawyer and gotten some advice about my post here. Was told by him to make a slight change to my posting here. 

Yesterday I spoke to a lawyer and gotten some advice about my post here. Was told by him to make a slight change to my posting here.