Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
PIKAANG

Good and Affordable FS master

Hi all,

I'm about to renovate my house but before that, I want to find a good FS master to take a look and provide good advice so that I can accommodate into my new house design.  Are there good and affordable FS master who does not hard sell stuffs that you recommend?

Thanks in advance! :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

If you are starting a house reno and nothing is cast in stone yet ..eg furnitures, appliances, etc ==> you may consider Sean Chan whom listed his services. Because everything is new in the house, he can advise you and you will feel value for $. Furthermore new house means Sean will read individual bazi of your family members and then you may decide where your family members sleep in which bed room etc

But if you already have everything renovated, then house fengshui to me is not necessary because it will be troublesome for members to move around, furniture to move around, etc.

Unless you really feel the need for drastic change in the house, then you can look for a FS master.

Now I didn't get Sean to look at my house, I just thought a young chap can do as well as anyone if given the opportunity.

4 hours ago, kalimantan said:

If you are starting a house reno and nothing is cast in stone yet ..eg furnitures, appliances, etc ==> you may consider Sean Chan whom listed his services. Because everything is new in the house, he can advise you and you will feel value for $. Furthermore new house means Sean will read individual bazi of your family members and then you may decide where your family members sleep in which bed room etc

But if you already have everything renovated, then house fengshui to me is not necessary because it will be troublesome for members to move around, furniture to move around, etc.

Unless you really feel the need for drastic change in the house, then you can look for a FS master.

Now I didn't get Sean to look at my house, I just thought a young chap can do as well as anyone if given the opportunity.

Hmm... Since you never engage Sean, how do you know that he is good?

On 06/03/2016 at 6:59 PM, PIKAANG said:

I love your question.:)

Allow me to elaborate:(Read some questions I raised to Sean in other threads, as to those FS theories....wuxing, yinyang, ganzi, etc)just wish to see how he responds to some of those 'terrible and horrible' FS theories that most layman don't seem to understand in details but 'believing' the explanations so strong as if the sun will rise from the east tomorrow. (perhaps correspond the saying that says he who knows nothing doubt nothing)

Some extracts: 'The purpose of a theory is to explain some aspects of real world. Thus many kinds of explanations are rightly called theories, not just scientific ones. I contend that philosophy too, if it is to be of any value, must consist of theories, about subjects that are not captured by any science. And by improving our understanding of what makes a theory good we can thus improve our understanding of FS."

"A good theory must have content, it must assert that things operate in one way and rule out other possibilities. Now just because the theory seems like it is saying something doesn’t mean it actually has content. The simplest, and best, way to determine if a theory has content is to see whether it can be refuted. If a theory can’t be refuted then it implies that it either does a very poor job of explaining, or that the objects of the theory are disconnected from the real world. And both of these faults imply that the theory only seems to explain, only seems to have content. So, even if we don’t plan on systematically testing the theory, whether it can, in principle, be falsified is one way to judge the quality of the explanation it provides........."

"Freudian psychology fails to be falsifiable not because the theory is unclear but because the objects of the theory don’t seem to correspond to anything real. Freudian psychology posits an ego-superego-id structure to explain human behavior. How the ego superego and id interact is pretty clearly spelled out in the theory, so the problem is not that the theory doesn’t say anything definite about the theoretical objects it posits to explain phenomena. The problem lies in the way judgements about the ego superego and id (like the 12 earthy branches judgements, the Heavenly stem judgements)....."

My answer to your question (base on assumed fact that K has not engaged S):

You're asking K a value-judgements question (how do you know that he is good ?), and also a right/wrong question (since you never engaged him) which usually has more factual connotation.

K is merely passing on his factual judgements on new/old reno vs new hand and old hand. He also passing on personal value judgement that a young chap can do as well as anyone if given the opportunity (new reno). 

You agree a young chap can do new reno/fs audit well? 

Edited by bepgof

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 6:59 PM, PIKAANG said:

It is a fact I didn't engage Sean for house fengshui ..reason is because I do NOT HAVE MANY PROPERTIES to pay fs services ...LOL

To get feedback for new masters in town, someone must volunteer their properties to be  in analysis and then thru forum, the person will give feedback.

My property already cast in stone ....no ups or down ..can go vacation, got food to eat, got a stable job, etc ... no need to add additional house fengshui parameter to my place ...unless something is really wrong. I do not want to spend additional $ make changes to my place.

You can't be expecting people like us who already own a place, then spend extra fengshui $ and give you feedback right ? In life you have to take a chance and see for yourself whether new masters are good or bad.

I was just randomly browsing the website and I suddenly saw my name being mentioned so I thought I'd jump in. I mentioned on my website that I do not have everything memorized in my head and I will not pretend I do, and I definitely need to refer back to my books once in a while like how lawyers need time to build their case. I've already done quite a few audits and built my own case studies to observe the impact of a house while referencing it back to people's BaZi charts to identify a correlation.  I can point out which book and which chapter (I lost the floor-plan of my old place though). 

I've dissected my own BaZi and the house I was living in previously and I was surprised at how the BaZi and analysis of the house paralleled each other. It said I will have a horrible relationship with my mother, which I do because my mother was abusive - she has a severe 傷官見官 in her BaZi chart and any genuine practitioner will tell you it's a huge taboo and one of the worst 'clashes' you can see in a BaZi chart, especially a female one. I'm very open about my past and what got me into this and I don't think there's a need to shroud myself in mystery. I came from a difficult family and it led me to this path eventually because I spent a lot of my time reading to guide myself and so happens it included Chinese classics.

My promise is that everything I say I will have a basis and can be referenced back to a Chinese classic and if I quote it, I make sure I really understand what's going on. Foe example, if you ask me why each Period is 20 years, I definitely have an answer for you. Also, I don't believe in items and charms as remedies - there's no mentioning of such cures in the Chinese classics and no author from the dynastical times advocated this (at least I've not come across any). 

I definitely understand people's concerns about engaging the wrong person. It's an esoteric field with hardly anyone understanding what's going on and people tend to feel this profession is easy money for very little work. I hate to say it, but yes, there are a lot of con-men out there or people who shouldn't be in this field in my humble opinion. It's easy for me to identify to who really knows his/her stuff and who doesn't because I've studied it and I know what questions to ask to test the person, but most people can only rely on referrals at best. 

@PIKAANG - kalimantan didn't get a FengShui audit done from me but he did engage me for a BaZi reading. Anyway, just to clear clear up some misconceptions: A lot of people will buy the house first and then get a FengShui person to come in to do an audit hoping to remedy the house, but the thing is renovating the house doesn't change the sitting and facing direction of the house which is required if you use 玄空飞星. On top of that, it's hard to change where your main door and and kitchen is - that's the 阳宅三要 method which I use in conjuction with 玄空飞星. The overall 格局 of the house will be extremely difficult to change especially if you're living in an apartment, which is why I usually feel more at ease asking my clients to engage me to 'hunt' for a house with them. Doesn't feel nice when you have to tell someone they just bought a bad house - I've done it before and told my client to move out the moment the Minimum Occupation Period is up. Only landed properties, in particular those built from scratch, have full flexibility when it comes to altering the structure of the house.  

@kalimantan - Hope you don't mind me mentioning that you engaged me for a reading. =)

@bepgof - Regarding the questions you ask on the thread I started: I didn't answer them because, if you don't mind me saying, I don't think you know what you're talking about. I'm also having a very tough time trying to understand what you're trying to get at. If I were to engage you in that debate, it's going to spiral out of control. I can't possibly write the full history and timeline of when our ancestors decided to combine Yin-Yang theory and 5-Elements theory in one forum post. It's already very difficult to synthesize the information in your own head, let alone explain it to someone who doesn't have a background in this without creating further confusion. Asking me to explain why they exist is like asking me why does gravity exist. Yes, scientists can now observe gravity as a wave but it still doesn't explain why it exists. I don't have an answer to your questions, only that it has been observed, theorized and recorded by those who came before us. What I know comes from the books I've read that are easily accessible and my thoughts and comments won't differ from what I got from there, so if you wish to get answers you can get it from the same source I did! 

Sincerely,

Sean

Edited by seanchan

On 23/03/2016 at 0:19 PM, seanchan said:

Regarding the questions you ask on the thread I started: I didn't answer them because, if you don't mind me saying, I don't think you know what you're talking about. I'm also having a very tough time trying to understand what you're trying to get at. If I were to engage you in that debate, it's going to spiral out of control. I can't possibly write the full history and timeline of when our ancestors decided to combine Yin-Yang theory and 5-Elements theory in one forum post. It's already very difficult to synthesize the information in your own head, let alone explain it to someone who doesn't have a background in this without creating further confusion. Asking me to explain why they exist is like asking me why does gravity exist. Yes, scientists can now observe gravity as a wave but it still doesn't explain why it exists. I don't have an answer to your questions, only that it has been observed, theorized and recorded by those who came before us. What I know comes from the books I've read that are easily accessible and my thoughts and comments won't differ from what I got from there, so if you wish to get answers you can get it from the same source I did! 

Sincerely,

Sean

Haha, I didn't ask you to recap the history and timeline of those theories, these are 'dead' - can get from many sources.

No intent to debate anything but my wishful wishes to hear your insightful understandings of those theories when they are mixed and explained in a symbolic way. So, one could pass judgement that 'how well' and 'how much' you could apply these 'correctly'.

Rem you told the 168 FS gallery that you agreed with him that the 20 year cycle in the XKFS theory 'is not questionable'?

After I posted this link, then everybody keeps quiet?

http://www.pjnet.my/errors-in-computation-of-feng-shui-and-astrological-years

On 3/27/2016 at 6:22 PM, bepgof said:

Haha, I didn't ask you to recap the history and timeline of those theories, these are 'dead' - can get from many sources.

No intent to debate anything but my wishful wishes to hear your insightful understandings of those theories when they are mixed and explained in a symbolic way. So, one could pass judgement that 'how well' and 'how much' you could apply these 'correctly'.

Rem you told the 168 FS gallery that you agreed with him that the 20 year cycle in the XKFS theory 'is not questionable'?

After I posted this link, then everybody keeps quiet?

http://www.pjnet.my/errors-in-computation-of-feng-shui-and-astrological-years

Yes, I remember of course. I was curious how what they were going to answer. =)

I've come across that article you posted before. This topic first appeared on articles relating to Western astrological and horoscopes and it was really hyped up and went viral back then, so I'm not sure if that person just used extrapolated it from there and applied to the Chinese metaphysics and the Zodiac without considering it's relevancy. There are also plenty of articles out there that are against this whole Earth 'wobbling' and error in astrological signs issue so I'd strongly suggest you check your facts before believing whatever you see on the internet and jumping to conclusions.

The reason why I don't want to engage you is you seem to take whatever sources you can get your hands on which support your stand and you post it without understanding it yourself. I don't even know what you're trying to ask; the questions you asked in the thread I started clearly shows you've never read a single Chinese classic before if you can say something like, and I quote:

"Metal produces only water? Can't it be part (can be ke or sheng) of earth? Can't it sheng wood (Wood needs NPK to grow. Nitrogen,Phosphate,K for Potassium. P & K are METAL!)? Obviously the sheng/ke effects interpretation among the 5 elements yet to be fine-tuned !" 

Like I said, if you really are that interested, the books available - I have my own challenges synthesizing the depth and breadth of this field of study, let alone trying to explain it to someone in one forum post.

I've read hundreds of charts, and if whatever the article mentioned is true and I plotted my charts wrong, a lot of people would be asking for refunds. 

-Sean

Edited by seanchan

Am sorry that your act reminds me of  "景德传灯录" 卷二十八 - “雷声甚大,雨点全无。Why?

First, you invite forumers to ask you ANYTHING, I tot I found a treasure, then I asked lor. The return was that :I asked something which I don't know ?? and the best part is : ask me to read books??? Yes, because I doubtful so i ask. The fundamental mentality of knowledge seeking is 知之为知之,不知为不知,知也。你知不?Don't you know this idiom saying "He who knows nothing doubt nothing!". I felt I was brushed away as if I created nonsense to you.

Second, I don't anyhow ask for fun. I tot someone could share the insightful views through critical thinking. Wuxing is the most fundamental yet easily being manipulated or mis-interpret by people.(Stove, basin........)

http://m.guoxuez.com/wuxingshengke/jin/32480.html

I recently engaged a master at a temple in 528A geylang road. he did not quote any price, just said bao any amount you deem fit. you may give it a try

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 4:25 PM, kelvintzy said:

I recently engaged a master at a temple in 528A geylang road. he did not quote any price, just said bao any amount you deem fit. you may give it a try

if master did not quote any price, either he is doing charity or he cannot put a value in his skills.