Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nestlee

Clean Scandinavian Design 4-room

On 02/03/2016 at 11:45 PM, nestlee said:

IMG_5887.PNG

IMG_6211.JPG

Hi , may i know where you buy your tile ?

how much is the tile ?

By per piece or by sqft ?

about how many piece did you used to cover your whole toilet with the tiles ?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
On 9/28/2016 at 9:00 PM, nestlee said:

RENOVATION WORK- Part 3 
Painting

We have decided to paint the house ourselves! I think we should be able to handle the painting since it is a new flat and we can also get to choose the better quality of paint. We have decided the colour during the weekdays and spent of one of weekend for painting. 

We have earlier invited a fengshui master to our house and advise us on the colours and layout of the house. We will paint one of walls in living room and dining room grey. Cream colour for both study and my mum's room. Maybe dark blue for one of the walls for master bedroom. 

There are so many shades of white to choose from. We bought the painting tools and paint from one of the painting shop at AMK. 

FullSizeRender (3).jpgFullSizeRender (4).jpg

We are Nippon painters! Let's start painting. :jammin:
FullSizeRender (12).jpg

Yeah, we are done with painting and this is final product. It is not bad but it is different what I thought it will be. Initially, I wanted light shades of grey but we went to choose a more greyish blue. The greyish blue is so much darker and I was so worry that it will not turn out well. My phone can't really capture the real From the picture it looks so grey but it actually more bluish in real life. We haven peel off the masking tape on the ceiling it looks not so straight in the picture. I like the white colour we choose. It looks so white! I love white :lol: 
FullSizeRender (7).jpgFullSizeRender (8).jpg
Everything looks very smooth but in facts there are some hiccups during the process for painting. The walls for the study room and master bedroom actually became watery and there are small bubbles appeared on the wall.:o 
We had no choice but to scrap off the whole patch. Maybe we need to seek some help from the experts in rectifying this!!! :(

FullSizeRender (10).jpgFullSizeRender (11).jpg
Another issue is the cream colour of the walls for the common bedroom and studyroom appears too yellowish for my liking! :bangwall:
It is very contrasting with the white walls in the living room. I was so tempted to repaint the whole thing but my husband say it will look fine with furnishing. I really hope so. 

Overall, we had great sense of achievement for painting the house and contributing to building our desire home! If you have time to spare, you may want to do your part by painting the house. 

Hello!

Love the colour of the blueish grey paint, can i know the colour code?

TIA

Hi Slashmylove, I have replied you vie PM. :D 

On 10/2/2016 at 1:30 AM, slashmylove said:

Hi.. can u share with me how much is ur curtains and blinds? I'm now searching for curtains and blinds contractor and would appreciate it if you could give a gauge.

Hello Marc31kelly! 
You are very resourceful!!! :lol: I didn't know about all these brands!

Hope you can source one within your budget! Jiayou! Marble is too pretty to resist! 

On 10/2/2016 at 11:42 AM, marc31kelly said:

Thank nestlee for info, i agree with u too. Cesearstone is out before the base is cream not white. I also dun mind brandless marble like quartz as long is reliable!

meanwhile i managed to source is lian hin, iquartz, seasonstone and colorquartz. Yet to compare price

Hi, It's from Hafary. Less than $3 psf (excluding GST). Sorry i don't know how many pieces can use the the whole toilet as we only overlay one wall. Maybe you would like to check with you contractor or ID on that. 

I think you may have mistaken the picture as my toilet. 
IMG_5887.PNG

On 10/3/2016 at 3:05 PM, papala said:

Hi , may i know where you buy your tile ?

how much is the tile ?

By per piece or by sqft ?

about how many piece did you used to cover your whole toilet with the tiles ?

Hello Blue8179, 
Nooooooo.:o Our brickwall is only 2m+ and it costs about $1k plus. At first we wanted to do a 4m brickwall but it is too expensive. :D

On 10/5/2016 at 11:56 AM, blue8179 said:

Hi nestlee,

May I know how much for your tv feature brick wall? Is it around 4m length? Thank you.

Hello Homesweethome96
PMed you. :D 

On 10/5/2016 at 0:52 PM, homesweethome96 said:

Hello nestlee,

Can you pls PM the contact of your curtain company?

Thank you in advance!

Hi Daphne Lin, 

Thanks! We love this colour too.  :D 
We used nippon grey knight for living room and nippon steel grey for masterbedroom. Sorry I don't remember to colour code but you should able to find it online! 

On 10/7/2016 at 2:08 PM, Daphne Lin said:

Hello!

Love the colour of the blueish grey paint, can i know the colour code?

TIA

On 8/21/2016 at 3:59 PM, nestlee said:

Hi Rei, hi hi neighbour. :D When did you collect your keys?

Hi I have collected my keys in march but only started reno in Sept =X. We have quite similar taste. I'm also having a marble bathroom. Is your house done by now?