Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nestlee

Clean Scandinavian Design 4-room

1 hour ago, nestlee said:

hi bykaraanne, I have been a silent reader of your Little London. It's very nicely done! :lol:

I'm not sure if the paint is matte or glossy. Here is another picture of the door. It looks glossy to me. 
 IMG_7342.JPG

Thanks! Yes it's glossy. Should've went for glossy white! Haha so much whiter. 

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

RENOVATION WORK- Part 7 

Heater 
871_INOX_Normal.png
Heater 
We were just considering between instant and storage heater, in the end we settled for storage heater. Because we just do not want the instant heater to be mount on our marble wall, thus storage heater is the way to go. After purchasing the storage heater, we realised the outlet was just above the toilet bowl which happened to be equally eye sore for us. We made a little request to the plumber to relocate the tank at the service yard, we thought it will be a piece of cake, however we were wrong.

The process requires the plumber to bend the thick and sturdy pipe several times, he could have went with what we suggested in the photos using the lines route. But he suggest that he does the piping his way so that they will be close to no pipes exposed after we cover it up with acrylic panel. To bend the cooper pipes is really tiring and it's a lot more effort, but we are very grateful for his effort.

water heater.jpg

The end product-heater at service yard.
 IMG_7665.JPG
Air Conditioner 
We worked put the final plan of the air conditioner for our flat. The placement of air conditioner is quite straight forward. We have considered a few location to install the air conditioner for living room. 
1) Brick wall at the living room (Drop this idea as it is quite ugly to place the air conditioner there. Waste my money for brick wall)
2) Wall outside bedroom 3 (my ideal location but it was not advisable as the cool air will blow towards the kitchen area instead of the living room)
3) Wall at the dining area (This placement will allow the cool air to blow towards the living room and keeping the dining area cool) 

aircon.jpg
The air conditioner at bedroom 3. We will paint over the air conditioner casing using the same colour as the wall. 

IMG_7662.JPG
The air conditioner at bedroom 2. 

IMG_7663 (2).JPG
The air conditioner at master bedroom.

IMG_7664.JPG

Edited by nestlee

On 13/11/2016 at 10:39 PM, nestlee said:

RENOVATION WORK- Part 7 

Heater 
871_INOX_Normal.png
Heater 
We were just considering between instant and storage heater, in the end we settled for storage heater. Because we just do not want the instant heater to be mount on our marble wall, thus storage heater is the way to go. After purchasing the storage heater, we realised the outlet was just above the toilet bowl which happened to be equally eye sore for us. We made a little request to the plumber to relocate the tank at the service yard, we thought it will be a piece of cake, however we were wrong.

The process requires the plumber to bend the thick and sturdy pipe several times, he could have went with what we suggested in the photos using the lines route. But he suggest that he does the piping his way so that they will be close to no pipes exposed after we cover it up with acrylic panel. To bend the cooper pipes is really tiring and it's a lot more effort, but we are very grateful for his effort.

water heater.jpg

The end product-heater at service yard.
 IMG_7665.JPG
Air Conditioner 
We worked put the final plan of the air conditioner for our flat. The placement of air conditioner is quite straight forward. We have considered a few location to install the air conditioner for living room. 
1) Brick wall at the living room (Drop this idea as it is quite ugly to place the air conditioner there. Waste my money for brick wall)
2) Wall outside bedroom 3 (my ideal location but it was not advisable as the cool air will blow towards the kitchen area instead of the living room)
3) Wall at the dining area (This placement will allow the cool air to blow towards the living room and keeping the dining area cool) 

aircon.jpg
The air conditioner at bedroom 3. We will paint over the air conditioner casing using the same colour as the wall. 

IMG_7662.JPG
The air conditioner at bedroom 2. 

IMG_7663 (2).JPG
The air conditioner at master bedroom.

IMG_7664.JPG

i like your toilet door, may i know where you bought it and how much?

On 11/15/2016 at 11:59 PM, d3n said:

This is usually the door of toilets in the US i just realised

ahhhh i just saw your kitchen and i love it! navy cabinets are really classy and pretty. i've seen some homeowners installed gold handles and they really add glamour to the whole look! whatever your choice, your kitchen already looks gorgeous. :wub:

Hi 
Pm-ed you. 

On 11/14/2016 at 8:02 AM, levis said:

Awesome progress!

could u pm me the contacts of the contractor u are using now plus the ones u have considered?

On 11/14/2016 at 9:59 AM, hellocupid said:

Lovely place! So excited to find someone with finally the same layout as mine! Mind sharing with me your contractor's contact please? Many thanks!

4 hours ago, versus said:

Hi Nestlee,

Can pm me your ID contact. Thanks in advance.

Hi pipsqueak 

Thank you for your suggestion! :D  I installed the gold handles for my grey kitchen cabinets and black handles for my white wardrobes! 

IMG_7741.JPG
IMG_7746.JPG
IMG_7752.JPG
IMG_7750.JPG

On 11/21/2016 at 4:35 PM, pipsqueak said:

ahhhh i just saw your kitchen and i love it! navy cabinets are really classy and pretty. i've seen some homeowners installed gold handles and they really add glamour to the whole look! whatever your choice, your kitchen already looks gorgeous. :wub:

• Like 1

Hi 

The doors were from the supplier of my contractor. It is a love hate relationship with door. I really louvre design but it was very noisy whenever you close the door. It is also very difficult to maintain and clean due to the louvre design. All my family members don't really like the door because they said this bi-fold doors is not lasting. :( 

On 11/15/2016 at 11:59 PM, d3n said:

Hi 

Thanks for sharing. I didn't know this is the kind of door of toilets in US. :D 

On 11/17/2016 at 3:36 PM, Pes said:

This is usually the door of toilets in the US i just realised