Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nestlee

Clean Scandinavian Design 4-room

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
On 2 November 2016 at 8:10 PM, nestlee said:

RENOVATION WORK- Part 5
Yeah! Finally bought the kitchen sink! 
IMG_8445.JPG
The Vinyl is done too! Love the colour so much. :wub: The workers are so efficient. They did it within half day and there is no obvious joint line between each piece of vinyl. 
 IMG_8444.JPGx
IMG_8446.JPG
We are doing the electrical works ourselves. Bought a few track lights to try the effect. We really have some concern about installation of track light. Saw some reviews online that there will be dark spots and it will heat up the room. Oh no... It really have patches of lights and it is more obvious in the photo. Don't know if it helps if we install more track lights. 
 IMG_8443.JPGIMG_8442.JPG
We also install the fans in the living room and one bedrooms. Black fan for the living room. 
IMG_8449.JPGIMG_8447.JPG

Glad that we found this grey shades of fan for the bedroom. Since we are installing the ceiling fans for the bedroom, we chose a fan that comes with LED lights. Save the trouble to install lights and fans separately. 
IMG_8448.JPG

can i know the brand of the two grey fans pls?

so nice you guys can do some parts of the reno yourself! I don't think I can do any other than shifting things around haha

Could I have E and your contractor's contacts? Wanna ensure E is the contact that I have. 

RENOVATION WORK- Part 9 Kitchen Glass Door 
Hey guys! Sorry for disappearing for a while and replying late. Renovation and furnishing is really very stressful! :help:

Remember the glass door for my kitchen that I mentioned in my first post? The initial idea is hack half wall and the kitchen will be partitioned from the dining area with black think frame of Aluminium fixed window and swing door. 
Slide20.jpg

In the end we hacked the whole hall to make the kitchen look more specious. But the problem is..... we will cook often! AND..... we already bought a fabric sofa. :bangwall:
IMG_8835.JPG
So now, I wanted to stick to the original plan of having a glass door.  Everyone in the family has different opinions.
It's really a love hate situation! My husband loves the openness of the kitchen and against the idea of installing the glass door. But I hate to have the smell in the living room, especially on fabric sofa. Even my contractor said the kitchen will look ugly with the glass door! He suggested us to stay in the house for some time before we decide if we should install the glass door. It's really a dilemma. 

I started to research online on different types of glass door that suitable for our house. Omg! These black frame of glass door looks so pretty! :wub:
IMG_8375.JPG
We asked my contractor if he can do this for us. He said that if we want to have this kind of thin black frame, it is made of metal instead of aluminium. Although it looks very sleek, the metal frame will turn rusty over time. It is heavier and more costly than aluminium door. But I really love how it looks!!!! :( 

After hearing his opinions, I started to look for aluminium black frame door design. This is the most ideal aluminium black frame what I have found and  I showed it my contractor. 
IMG_8462.PNG
My contractor said if I want to do a similar door like this. He can make 3 panels for the glass door. One panel is fixed and two panels are sliding. Seriously, I couldn't imagine how it looks. So I drew out the doors myself using my very lousy skill to get a better understanding of what he means. 

IMG_9928 (1).JPG

Yeah, so this is how it will look like. However, the contractor warned me that the black frame door is made of aluminium door so it will not look so thin. I kept asking him if it's possible to make it thiner but he said the thickness will be about 2.5 to 3 inches. The thickness of the aluminium is essential to hold the glass. 

Edited by nestlee

PURCHASES
Washing Machine-
Samsung WD80 Combo With EcoBubble, 8kg
Samsung_WD70_Combo_7KG_Washing_Machine_with_Eco_Bubble.jpg
Our family used to use top-loading washing machine instead of front-loading. However, we learnt that front-loading cleans better and are gentler than top-loading. It uses less water. The only thing I don't like about front-loading washing machine is it takes longer washing time. The size is also suitable for washing curtains! This is a gift from our close friend, so we will take it! 

TV
Samsung 55” SUHD 4K Curved Smart TV KS7500 Series 7
samsung-tv-suhd-ks7500-kv-main.png

I don't think we need a 55'' TV because our living room is so small (about 3m). Personally, I prefer a decent size of 50'' but my husband wants a big TV. Sorry I'm not very into those technical purchases. Samsung TV's colours are too vibrant for my liking. I'm a SONY fan. I also don't like curve TV. :huh::huh::huh: Nevertheless, I must say we bought this during Sitex 2016 at a very good deal! 

Fridge
Thanks everyone for giving me suggestions! 
We have decided on the Mitsubishi 418L MR-V50E-ST-P 3-DOOR FRIDGE. Previously, I was saying that I would not consider stainless steel fridge. Now, I feel like slapping myself. We saw the stainless steel version of Mitsubishi 418L MR-V50E-ST-P 3-DOOR FRIDGE. It looks great and more atas! In fact it's more expensive than the black version (like $50 more). However, the stainless steel version was sold out! The next stock was arriving in end Dec or early Jan 2017. 
IMG_9863.JPG
IMG_9864.JPG
The sales person at GC said there will be an upcoming expo show and they are expecting some stocks coming in. Ohhhhhhh yes!  :rolleyes: He was not able to confirm the actual pricing as the promotion details were not finalized. He said he message us once the details is finalize. Okay! We were very excited when he said there are ready stock! When we asked if he is able to reserve one for us, he agreed. The next day we messaged him and he told us there are SOLD OUT. The stock will only arrive in Jan 2017!!! SO ANGRY. He promised that he can reserve for us now he said SOLD OUT. :angry: We went try to ask at all other stores but it seems like this model is all sold out. The next shipping will arrive in Jan 2017.

We wanted to shift to the new house in mid Dec so we can't wait for the fridge. We tried to ask for assistance from the same salesperson that we bought the TV. We went to the shop and he introduced us another model.

Panasonic NR-BX468XS 2 Door Refrigerator 

It's a 2-door fridge comes with a very simple and clean design. No handle, bumps or frame. Looks aesthetically pleasing. 
IMG_9868.JPG 
The freezer is at the bottom of the fridge. The advantage of having a bottom freezer will leave room for all of the fresh foods and beverages being refrigerated at eye level. 
IMG_9861.JPG
There are 3 separate casings for the freezer to prevent mixing of odours. The most important thing is that energy efficient! It scores 3 ticks for the energy efficiency rating! The best score for all the shortlisted fridge. Ok! We have finally confirmed the purchase of the fridge! 

Edited by nestlee

10 hours ago, nestlee said:

Hey guys! Sorry for disappearing for a while and replying late. Renovation and furnishing is really very stressful! :help:

Remember the glass door for my kitchen that I mentioned in my first post? The initial idea is hack half wall and the kitchen will be partitioned from the dining area with black think frame of Aluminium fixed window and swing door. 
Slide20.jpg

In the end we hacked the whole hall to make the kitchen look more specious. But the problem is..... we will cook often! AND..... we already bought a fabric sofa. :bangwall:
IMG_8835.JPG
So now, I wanted to stick to the original plan of having a glass door.  Everyone in the family has different opinions.
It's really a love hate situation! My husband loves the openness of the kitchen and against the idea of installing the glass door. But I hate to have the smell in the living room, especially on fabric sofa. Even my contractor said the kitchen will look ugly with the glass door! He suggested us to stay in the house for some time before we decide if we should install the glass door. It's really a dilemma. 

I started to research online on different types of glass door that suitable for our house. Omg! These black frame of glass door looks so pretty! :wub:
IMG_8375.JPG
We asked my contractor if he can do this for us. He said that if we want to have this kind of thin black frame, it is made of metal instead of aluminium. Although it looks very sleek, the metal frame will turn rusty over time. It is heavier and more costly than aluminium door. But I really love how it looks!!!! :( 

After hearing his opinions, I started to look for aluminium black frame door design. This is the most ideal aluminium black frame what I have found and  I showed it my contractor. 
IMG_8462.PNG
My contractor said if I want to do a similar door like this. He can make 3 panels for the glass door. One panel is fixed and two panels are sliding. Seriously, I couldn't imagine how it looks. So I drew out the doors myself using my very lousy skill to get a better understanding of what he means. 

IMG_9928 (1).JPG

Yeah, so this is how it will look like. However, the contractor warned me that the black frame door is made of aluminium door so it will not look so thin. I kept asking him if it's possible to make it thiner but he said the thickness will be about 2.5 to 3 inches. The thickness of the aluminium is essential to hold the glass. 

totally understand your dilemma of design vs practical. i also faced this when preparing quotation.. open concept looks so nice and opens up the hse but when cook, the whole hse will smell even though have hood.. so we also decided to have a glass door.. bye bye open kitchen and bigger looking house sob.. can't wait to see the real thing installed in your hse so that i can visualise mine!

Hi 

Both the black fans for the living room and grey fans for bedroom are from Elmark, bought from Tampoi Malaysia. The grey one is Elmark Case 48 if I don't remember wrongly! They customize it with LED lighst under the fan. 

On 12/6/2016 at 7:36 PM, fifteenmay said:

can i know the brand of the two grey fans pls?

Hey guys! All PM sent! Let me know if you did not receive. 

On 12/6/2016 at 9:58 AM, muffball said:

Hi! Could you share your contractor's contact and approx reno quotation? I tried to drop you a pm but I think your inbox is full :( thank you!

On 12/3/2016 at 11:57 AM, papermotif said:

Could you pm your contractor's details please? I'm really impressed by how you've designed your home on your own, especially the kitchen. :)

On 12/6/2016 at 1:39 PM, fye said:

Hi, really like your new place. Is it ok to share the list of contractors with me pls?

On 12/6/2016 at 7:37 PM, gxf81 said:

HI,

Could you pm your contractor's details please? :D

On 12/8/2016 at 4:48 PM, ahmiu said:

so nice you guys can do some parts of the reno yourself! I don't think I can do any other than shifting things around haha

Could I have E and your contractor's contacts? Wanna ensure E is the contact that I have. 

Hi, very nicely done up home. Appreciate if you could pm your contractor's details and overall cost, also your curtain's supplier and cost. Thank you.

On 09/12/2016 at 10:23 PM, nestlee said:

Slide20.jpg

IMG_8835.JPG

IMG_8375.JPG

IMG_8462.PNG

IMG_9928 (1).JPG

hey! would you mind sharing where you purchased the pendant lamps for your island from?! much appreciated!