Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nestlee

Clean Scandinavian Design 4-room

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
On 11 December 2016 at 0:10 PM, ahmiu said:

Hey Nestlee, 

didn't get your pm; could you resend again?

hello :) loving your house design! may I also request for your contractor's contacts please? 

On 09/12/2016 at 10:23 PM, nestlee said:

RENOVATION WORK- Part 9 Kitchen Glass Door 
Hey guys! Sorry for disappearing for a while and replying late. Renovation and furnishing is really very stressful! :help:

Remember the glass door for my kitchen that I mentioned in my first post? The initial idea is hack half wall and the kitchen will be partitioned from the dining area with black think frame of Aluminium fixed window and swing door. 
Slide20.jpg

In the end we hacked the whole hall to make the kitchen look more specious. But the problem is..... we will cook often! AND..... we already bought a fabric sofa. :bangwall:
IMG_8835.JPG
So now, I wanted to stick to the original plan of having a glass door.  Everyone in the family has different opinions.
It's really a love hate situation! My husband loves the openness of the kitchen and against the idea of installing the glass door. But I hate to have the smell in the living room, especially on fabric sofa. Even my contractor said the kitchen will look ugly with the glass door! He suggested us to stay in the house for some time before we decide if we should install the glass door. It's really a dilemma. 

I started to research online on different types of glass door that suitable for our house. Omg! These black frame of glass door looks so pretty! :wub:
IMG_8375.JPG
We asked my contractor if he can do this for us. He said that if we want to have this kind of thin black frame, it is made of metal instead of aluminium. Although it looks very sleek, the metal frame will turn rusty over time. It is heavier and more costly than aluminium door. But I really love how it looks!!!! :( 

After hearing his opinions, I started to look for aluminium black frame door design. This is the most ideal aluminium black frame what I have found and  I showed it my contractor. 
IMG_8462.PNG
My contractor said if I want to do a similar door like this. He can make 3 panels for the glass door. One panel is fixed and two panels are sliding. Seriously, I couldn't imagine how it looks. So I drew out the doors myself using my very lousy skill to get a better understanding of what he means. 

IMG_9928 (1).JPG

Yeah, so this is how it will look like. However, the contractor warned me that the black frame door is made of aluminium door so it will not look so thin. I kept asking him if it's possible to make it thiner but he said the thickness will be about 2.5 to 3 inches. The thickness of the aluminium is essential to hold the glass. 

I'd stick to your design ideal and go with the metal frame. I did ALU doors myself - didn't know better - and yes the frames are thick and not as nice. I have a metal gate for outdoor and it doesn't rust. And even if it did it's just a simple paint job to cover it up. 

Edited by tomasulu

Hi,

Bold dark colors you have chosen! Respect! Love the aluminum glass (always a fan of that)

Would you mind to pm me your quote as well as the name and contacts of:

1) ID S

2) ID J 

3) Contractor 1

4) Contractor 2

On 10/12/2016 at 9:04 AM, fifteenmay said:

totally understand your dilemma of design vs practical. i also faced this when preparing quotation.. open concept looks so nice and opens up the hse but when cook, the whole hse will smell even though have hood.. so we also decided to have a glass door.. bye bye open kitchen and bigger looking house sob.. can't wait to see the real thing installed in your hse so that i can visualise mine!

if heavy cooking then yes its not practical to have open concept hehehe

RENOVATION WORK- Part 10 Chemical Wash
Hey guys! We are done with renovation. These are the pictures taken after chemical wash. 
IMG_9128.JPG
IMG_9130.JPG
IMG_9135.JPG

This is how the door look like. 

IMG_9138.JPG
IMG_9141.JPG
IMG_9151.JPG

IMG_9152.JPG

Edited by nestlee

Hi nestlee, looking to renovate my place after CNY, mind sending me your contact for your contractor?

looks like you guys had a great experience with him! :) 

please send to email nettienette@hotmail.com or PM me? thanks!

Hi 

All PM sent.

On 1/7/2017 at 6:48 PM, Wizgal said:

Hi,

can pm me yr contractor's contract and yr reno cost?

On 1/6/2017 at 4:11 PM, bluehorizon said:

Hi there,

could you PM me the contact details for Contractor 1 and 2? Thanks much!

On 12/22/2016 at 11:15 AM, ddycanne said:

hello :) loving your house design! may I also request for your contractor's contacts please? 

On 12/11/2016 at 0:10 PM, ahmiu said:

Hey Nestlee, 

didn't get your pm; could you resend again?

On 1/8/2017 at 10:56 AM, Seira said:

Hi,

Could you PM me the details of the contractors E, 1 & 2? TIA.

On 1/8/2017 at 7:17 PM, Ecnalx said:

Hi 

Appreciate if you could PM me the contact for Contractor 1 and 2. TIA.

2 hours ago, ahjack said:

Hi

Can pm the contact of the contractor?

My key collection is on end March .

thank You.

15 minutes ago, nettienette said:

Hi nestlee, looking to renovate my place after CNY, mind sending me your contact for your contractor?

looks like you guys had a great experience with him! :) 

please send to email nettienette@hotmail.com or PM me? thanks!

Hi 
My flooring finishes are not from evorich. It's done by my contractor. The living and 3 bedrooms cost about $5000. 

41 minutes ago, Jedicat said:

Hi, whats the price you paid for the evorich flooring ?

Hi, thank you so much! I engaged contractor instead of ID.

On 12/12/2016 at 4:43 PM, kachan said:

i am seriously in love with your kitchen and those kitchen cabinet paint is VERY SCANDINAVIAN! well done to you and to your ID!

Hi, I chose aluminium door instead of metal door. Thanks for sharing your personal experience with me. 

On 12/28/2016 at 10:07 AM, tomasulu said:

I'd stick to your design ideal and go with the metal frame. I did ALU doors myself - didn't know better - and yes the frames are thick and not as nice. I have a metal gate for outdoor and it doesn't rust. And even if it did it's just a simple paint job to cover it up.