Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

On 26.04.2010, i started my very first reno Tblog here in renotalk. Thats when i had my first flat from the Sales of Balance flat in 2009 launch. 

For a 4room (4s unit @84sqm unit), with not much built in fixture, back then my reno already cost me SGD40K, lesson learnt - always source out for a few ID / contractor and look out for hidden cost etc. 

Didnt really completed my Tblog then, I found out I was pregnant on the day we shifted in. And so.. crazy pregnancy hormones rule over. 

And so 6 years later, after 2 girls age 5 and another one turning 3 soon, 2 cats and a kitten, here I am starting all over again. 

Its going to be a real fresh start for me and it makes me feel like a first time owner. 

I listed my current unit up for sales on 26.12.2015 and 49 days later, finally I found a buyer. This buyer is kind enough to grant me extension. 

After viewing nearly about 12 units in 3weeks, we finally agree to settle on this unit. 

And so, 09.03.2016 is the date we submit the option to purchase, Mr Valuer came to valuate the unit on 14.03.2016 and exactly 7 days later, the valuation is out!! 

Sad to say, the valuation is 20K lower that the agreed price and here I am still waiting for Mr Agent to work on his magic. Hopefully the seller is willing to sell at the valuation price. 

And if the negotiation fail, I had to fork out that 20K in cash and have to forget about the major renovation, hence its why the title is super tight budget! 

Ok, am done with my intro here.. so lets share some pic of the unit that we are eyeing for : 

The FLOOR PLAN 

UFLOO.63281295.V550.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Congrats! Camping for your reno process, also in the midst of purchasing an EA. but we paid above valuation and now no money to do reno. so lurking ard. hehe

Thank you!! .. getting a good contractor is so difficult..

For now.. am waiting for my 1st HDB appt for selling my unit.. appt will be on 19.05.2016 and the 1st hdb appt for buying will be likely 2wks later.

My seller agent seems to be sitting on his job. Our OTP expired and had to issue another OTP and request for another valuation.

And thankfully its the same valuation amt.

On 03/31/2016 at 4:32 PM, luvalist said:

Congrats! Camping for your reno process, also in the midst of purchasing an EA. but we paid above valuation and now no money to do reno. so lurking ard. hehe

Hi Luvalist..

Where's yr EA gonna be? Hows yr floorplan looks like?

My Ea in Yishun. Finally collected keys! But hacking can only start in May so now trying to get direct quotes instead. Boo. No matter where I go, the quote is ard 90k and above before electric and plumbing works. Eh gotta figure out how to upload floor plan Hah

1 hour ago, luvalist said:

My Ea in Yishun. Finally collected keys! But hacking can only start in May so now trying to get direct quotes instead. Boo. No matter where I go, the quote is ard 90k and above before electric and plumbing works. Eh gotta figure out how to upload floor plan Hah

oh woaw.. 90K.. am sure its gonna be a major reno! 

2 hours ago, luvalist said:

Ouch! That seems higher even than the quotes I got for my EM. EA so expensive?? O_O.

I have no idea. Coz I hacking everything but I don't even have feature wall and stuff so I also wonder why my quotations all so high! Haven't even talked abt changing pipes also wor. I got a cai Tao face maybe. Really should start creating my t blog to share the Reno process and seek advice from the bro and sis here

On 14/04/2016 at 11:29 AM, luvalist said:

I just completed my EA renovation in Sembawang earlier in the year. Initial quote was close to 80k and I added quite a lot of thing. Came up to 97K not including electrical works... Did a lot of carpentry though

Woaw.. looking at all your qoutes.. super ex! 

Tomorrow will be my 1st HDB appt for selling my current unit. The 1st HDB appt for buying will only be 20.06.2016. Thanks to the seller agent who purposely delay the process. Super heart pain.. 

And this means that even after I had request for the extension, I wont have enough time to do much reno for my new place. Maybe expected left with 2 weeks. 

Haiz.. maybe i shall share the pic of the new place here.. 

The actual floorplan from HDB. 

975%20floorplan.jpg
Take note that the door to the study room had already been change to the other wall facing the MBR. 

And Tada.. this is the living room. The platform area will be removed and the flooring will be cover wll vinyl flooring. 

Living%20area.jpg