Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Our's is an older resale flat, so from the start we knew that it would cost more to work on it. We shortlisted The Local INN.terior as their portfolio looked like what we were planning. From the start, we were impressed with Lydia in how she would listen to what we wanted and give great suggestions based of that. Design wise, we really felt that she was in tune with what we wanted. 

Our budget was a concern, and Lydia really put in the work to get it to where we felt comfortable. However, where appropriate, she would advise us not to cut out certain items which were worth doing to benefit the overall design. 

We are very impressed with the quality of the workmanship and materials from their contractors, and if there was ever anything we wanted changed, Lydia would get on it and get it done without any fuss.Of course issues crop up along the way, especially with an older flat, but importantly we always felt we were in good hands with Lydia handling it. 

Most importantly, we absolutely love how our home has turned out. It is better than expectations, which we are so grateful for considering the stress and costs associated with fully renovating a new home. Could not recommend Lydia and the firm enough, so glad we went with them!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

This review is a personal recommendation for Lydia of The Local INN.terior. 

I was very impressed with the firm’s speediness in getting in touch with me. I received a formal introductory email from Lydia (the only one to do so, in fact) on arranging an appointment. Lydia was both accommodating and consultative with our design proposal - something which first-time homeowners will definitely appreciate. 

Lydia replied to hundreds of questions and redrafted numerous quotations fervently (never once compromised on deadlines and promises) - a testament to her patience and passion for design. 

Lydia even went above and beyond to visit my apartment on such short notice (I honestly felt bad). The design aesthetics were very much in-line with our theme and I couldn't be happier! 

I would recommend Lydia to family and friends without hesitation. 

Thank you, Lydia!

This review is a personal recommendation for Lydia of The Local INN.terior. 

I was very impressed with the firm’s speediness in getting in touch with me. I received a formal introductory email from Lydia (the only one to do so, in fact) on arranging an appointment. Lydia was both accommodating and consultative with our design proposal - something which first-time homeowners will definitely appreciate. 

Lydia replied to hundreds of questions and redrafted numerous quotations fervently (never once compromised on deadlines and promises) - a testament to her patience and passion for design. 

Lydia even went above and beyond to visit my apartment on such short notice (I honestly felt bad). The design aesthetics were very much in-line with our theme and I couldn't be happier! 

I would recommend Lydia to family and friends without hesitation. 

Thank you, Lydia!

On 11/8/2016 at 7:12 PM, hanvlm said:

To set an appointment date with them, we have to wait for almost 1-2 weeks which is ridiculous. There are so many ID firms that can meet on the day itself or even within 2 days.

We are really furious over it because we really like their design.... :angry::angry::angry::angry:

If you do not have time to waste, highly NOT recommended to anyone! 

I really like their designs too! 

TAKES A LOT TO BEAT THE LOCAL INN.TERIOR

Most people would explore and compare a few options before deciding on an interior designer, but we didn't. In fact, we confirmed our interest and engagement with The Local INN.terior at the end of our very first meeting. The designers demonstrated true professionalism and immense understanding of their job and our needs right from the get-go. We were constantly impressed with their expertise and meticulousness, which are absolutely critical to a picky and fussy person like me!

To cite an example, they were patient with answering the numerous questions we had and kept us posted on the progress amidst their busy schedules. I also loved how they enforced discipline on their workers to ensure the house was kept clean and tidy at all times.

Thank you, Han Shi and Catherine - The Local INN.terior - for making us feel 100% assured throughout the entire process. I think this and reliability are what most will need especially at times like this and you have been very reliable and certainly indispensable!

Edited by Verlin

I had a terrible experience with Local inn.terior. Especially their ID j*** c***.

we paid $1k as design fees and almost 2 months later, the finalized design is not even ready. The first draft she sent us, we immediately gave quick comments via whatsapp but she ignored them altogether. Instead of refining the drawing, she claims that she wants to view the actual apartment first and adjust the design thereafter. So we brought her to the place and after that's, after chasing for 2 weeks, the revised dwgs are still not out! Slow response is understandable if you're busy but constantly making empty promises and not delivering them is extremely irresponsible. Not to mention instead of apologizing for the delay, she just chooses to ignore our whatsapp msgs altogether and only reply "ok" in a while. When we chased further and explained that her lack of response is worrying me for the future construction, she suggested we find someone else for the works instead. I'll also like to mention that during our first few appointments, she cancelled them twice, 30mins before the actual meeting itself. We pushed aside all appointments and travelled down to the local inn.terior office but 30mins beforehand, she said "she had difficult customers or she was playing badminton beforehand n missed her customer's call so she needs to cancel our planned appointments". We offered to stay around till 9-10pm to wait for her since we have already made the trip down but she decided to postpone it eventually. Surprisingly to us, she did it two days later a second time. 

An ID who lacks responsibility, accountability and makes empty promises. Pls don't get her. 

My review for The Local Inn.terior

We decided on working with Keats and Catherine from The Local Inn.terior as they were very friendly and approachable, we felt an instant click with them. Residing overseas at that time, it was very important that we felt comfortable expressing our ideas and needed all the help to choose the perfect materials for this renovation and Keats exceeded these expectations. Their quotation was also very competitive and suited our budget. We were communicating via watsapp and videocalls and Keats was always there to take our calls even after midnight...sorry ah Keats�.After our discussions, they showed us a 3D drawing and we were so impressed and excited as it was perfect. We really love our kitchen! 
Keats was also quick on updates and helped us from purchasing the lightings to ensuring smooth deliveries of our appliances. After completion, he was very responsive and quick to rectify any minor touchups required. We felt "taken care off" till the end of our journey. Thank you Keats and Catherine and The Local Inn.terior for a job well done!

To set an appointment date with them, we have to wait for almost 1-2 weeks which is ridiculous. There are so many ID firms that can meet on the day itself or even within 2 days.

We are really furious over it because we really like their design.... :angry::angry::angry::angry:

If you do not have time to waste, highly NOT recommended to anyone! 

I previously signed with DnT for my resale flat reno in Oct 15 and lucky to have Catherine as my ID. She is very good in following up and supervise for my house reno.

And more importantly she is able to give me concrete suggestion in ID and help me save a fair bit of money here and there.

Overall the whole team did a fantastic job. Recently I called my ID for loosen tap in my basin and got to know that now my ID is now under The Local INN.terior.

She didn't brush me off but instead was fast to send someone to get my tap fixed. Really professional.

I believe that The Local INN.terior will also able to fulfill customer's requirement and provide good service.

I will definitely continue to recommend friends to The Local INN.terior

Please refer to the link for verification https://www.facebook.com/TheLocal.INN.terior/reviews/

4 minutes ago, naturelustre said:

Whether you are or not, I will leave it to the readers to judge. I'm not here to spoil your thread. If they did a good job for you, fine. I'm also giving my 2 cents worth when I posted here so others could see other aspects of the Local Inn.terior.

:) 

Whether you are or not, I will leave it to the readers to judge. I'm not here to spoil your thread. If they did a good job for you, fine. I'm also giving my 2 cents worth when I posted here so others could see other aspects of the Local Inn.terior.

Reply to naturelustre: Check out my blog :) 

Please see the attachment between me and my ID conversation. 

(I dont think you are right to say that I'm one of them when Im just telling you my point of view and my 2 cents thought. You are really getting agitated and accussing me)

2016-08-19-PHOTO-00000116.jpg2016-08-19-PHOTO-00000117.jpg

Reply to yourliverisBLACK3310: If you are not one of them, you don't even need to bother about what I wrote. So who is agitated (saying I live in a cave)? And it's such a "coincidence" you are inviting your friends over to your place this Sat? Give me a break, you are assuming people who read the forum are idiots. And you just cannot leave my opinions as they are, must have the last say in everything? Sounds familiar of the "management" I described in the original post, which gives me more reason to believe you are definitely one of them. And I'm not the only one who detects there are fake reviews here. 

Reply to naturelustre: haha why so agitated ? Come to my house for house-warming so i can intro to you if I'm one of them. :) No point to argue with you because you are living in a cave. This coming Saturday at Blk 473D Upper Serangoon. I will pm you the unit number if you are interested:) I will invite all my friends over here and we wait for you to come and see if we are one of them :) must come le... we all want to see you....Naturelustre