Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gothique

Unfair Dismissal Of Pregnant Women

this happened to one of my friends when she was on maternity leave. she found another job and is currently sueing her ex employer.

if it's me... i think i will also complain to MOM and see what action I can take!:dunno: so unfair lor

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Dunno how to tell you this, but if your friend want to give birth and don't want to worried about being sack.. she should had join a statue board or government sector.

Imagine if you are a boss of a small company and one of your employee have to go on 4 months maternity leave. and every 2 years she decides to give birth once, how would you handle it?

I have worked in various companies over the past 20-odd years and this is what I see:

Women who are pregnant and let go by their bosses usually have themselves to blame. You probably have heard of the army term "keng". Yes, many of these women I have come across are usually under this category even before they got pregnant. Bosses are not blind. They know who are the ones working and who are the ones just cruising along. However, to fire them because of their pregnancy is a poor excuse.

My advice to women and to their male colleagues : Do your work properly and contribute to the success of your company. Don't complain about a heavy work load and doing nothing about it because the time spent complaining can actually be used to clear your in-tray documents awaiting processing. These are real situations that I have encountered personally. Such people deserves the sack whether pregnant or not.

its unless to change the mindset of employer becoz organisations are profit oriented. unless its run by govt ?

The technical obstacle is: gov encourages women to give birth at the expense of employers.

Employers ask "REALISTIC & PRACTICAL" questions:

- Who stand in the job for the one who on leave? OT?

- Stand-in can handle ?Technical skill cannot be taught over 1 night, high HR cost.

- When she reports back, where to put her?

If gov can solve these 3 for the firms, believed bosses will sing the same song: more baby pls.

Edited by bepgof

I have worked in various companies over the past 20-odd years and this is what I see:

Women who are pregnant and let go by their bosses usually have themselves to blame. You probably have heard of the army term "keng". Yes, many of these women I have come across are usually under this category even before they got pregnant. Bosses are not blind. They know who are the ones working and who are the ones just cruising along. However, to fire them because of their pregnancy is a poor excuse.

My advice to women and to their male colleagues : Do your work properly and contribute to the success of your company. Don't complain about a heavy work load and doing nothing about it because the time spent complaining can actually be used to clear your in-tray documents awaiting processing. These are real situations that I have encountered personally. Such people deserves the sack whether pregnant or not.

I totally agreed with you !!!

I totally agreed with you !! !

We need 60,000 new babies/per yr , to increase the TFR from existing's 1.24 to 2.1. Hurry up.

Can't depend on immigrants alone, Singaporeans also venture oveasea (140,000 already).

Can't depend on employers to give longer ML

Can't depend on gov to give tax rebate

Where's the problem lies? Who care about this!!! Let gov worries lah. Important & practical is: Give birth to within your "reach", not "desires". Give birth many many, but do not teach/educate them, what's the point? No wonder, nowadays, see ppl having pets, some even better- maid + pets. What kind of world is this?

Edited by bepgof