Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
arowana

Landed property Design & Build Contractors

Hi arowana,

We specialize in sourcing quality fittings for the bathroom, lights and curtains for landed homes directly from suppliers at http://myhomecomforts.wixsite.com/homecomforts/single-post/2016/07/24/HOME-COMFORTS.  Cost savings for a 3BR condo home is typically SGD$2-$3K for a service fee of SGD$800.  We can share a detailed shopping list done for a landed home and the savings was SGD$6k+ and have a showcase site.

E:  Home_comforts@hotmail.com.   

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi you can contact us for a better quotation of your reconstruction of landed property. 

We have 20+ years of experience working in the construction industry and we vow to serve our customer with the best value-for money construction of your dream home.

You can contact us at 91479746!

My friend just got his semi-D major A&A works done up. He has engaged this company called Shan & Associates to D&B and he is satisfied with the work done.

Check out their website: www.shanbuilder.com

Just as I mentioned in the other thread, I would suggest you hire an independent and reputable architect and main con separately instead of hiring a design and build company. It may sound more expensive on the onset but it will be money well spent as the independent architect will provide a check and balance on the workmanship and also certify on the progress of the construction before recommending payment disbursement. 

After my 4000sqft semi-d reconstruction experience, the psf cost I paid for D&B did not exceed $200 today with moderate expectations on finishing (included marble flooring for living rm & dining rm, but excluding the cost of adding in a lift).

Finding a correct contractor makes all the difference!

• Like 1

D&B Does not mean cheaper upfront, as basically all costs are similar. D&B basically ensures efficiency and avoid unneccessary cost overruns. 

On 4/27/2016 at 8:45 AM, yoongf said:

Construction companies with inhouse D&B capabilities are usually the bigger ones who do not take on small jobs. Regulations have evolved so much till a small oversight can really kill a small company.

D&B is the most efficient way to get a house built. The conventional way is no longer relevant and should be avoided at all cost. Actually this is the best time to start construction. Regulations seem to be getting tougher each day.

From other older threads a few years ago, I read that the "$300 psf" cost estimation can be quite accurate for a tear down and rebuild. But is a reasonably good estimation for D&B package today? I have an old single storey semi-d about 4,300 sqft.. hoping to rebuild it into a 3.5 or 4 storey... but wanted to make sure the cost is within reach :)

Hi Arowana,

Have you managed to confirm your contractor and started your project ? I am keen to know as I am starting my A&A project soon too.. we are in the initial stage of sourcing for contractors, new to all these, have to seek help from those experts here to share their experiences in managing their project.

Thanks,

Construction companies with inhouse D&B capabilities are usually the bigger ones who do not take on small jobs. Regulations have evolved so much till a small oversight can really kill a small company.

D&B is the most efficient way to get a house built. The conventional way is no longer relevant and should be avoided at all cost. Actually this is the best time to start construction. Regulations seem to be getting tougher each day.

• Like 1

Dear all,

I wanted to ask for more feedback on design and build contractors who specialized in landed property. This is not about general contractors. Just in case some people are not sure, here are some notes about D&B contractors

- Only contract with 1 company to do the whole package of A&A/recon/rebuild for you from consultation, design, construction etc.

- They usually also work with limited number of templates for the house

- Cost is cheaper than doing the other route which is having separate contracts with the Architect, general contractor, PE, QS etc

- Time from start to finish is also faster

- Still does offer some level of customization within the templates.

- Biggest cons are limited designs and no truly competitive tender system

I have looked through this website and searched online. I so far can find only 2 names. The rest do not have design and build construction for landed housing as their main business hence i didn't mention them.

- Meridian Homes

- Nic& Wes Builders

Appreciate any other names and feedback and experience if possible. Would appreciate if i can get response only from actual home owners and not marketeers of the company so as to keep the discussion authentic.

Thx

• Like 1