Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

On 5 April 2016 at 10:50 PM, Changbp said:

hey there, I have an extra vento fino 2 from JB tampoi lighting. Similar to one in your picture except can oscillate and slightly longer fan blade with more power. Never been mounted and i'm selling it. You will get the box with original contents, original receipt (I actually bought some other Fan in this receipt) and warranty card as well. If you are interested PM me.

Hi bro, I just PM you on this fan

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
On 5/12/2016 at 1:00 PM, Bernicelogy said:

Nice designs..was wondering if it's possible to keep the cost like yours if it's condo.. 

hello @Bernicelogy thanks! I'm not sure if it is possible but perhaps you can try giving my contractor a call for more quote options! i understand from my sister's friend (who owns a condo) that generally condo renovations come at a more hefty price tag..i am not sure why the premium price - maybe because of the premium housing option and condo regulations? in any case i hope you find a package that is within your budget!

On 5/13/2016 at 1:34 PM, Cynthiakhorr said:

Hello pipsqueak, can you provide me with your renovator's contact? Thanks in advance =)

hello @Cynthiakhorr  you can contact Nick at +65 9690 7887. You're welcome!

On 5/13/2016 at 10:04 PM, lifeissimple said:

U just bought the package from evorich recently or? I got it at $6 too... Mine was an impulse purchase too! Hai! But my friends who did them says is worth it.. 

@lifeissimple oh i really hope it's worth it then! i guess their branding is there and the quality should not be compromised (i really hope so considering we paid it at a higher price compared to other vinyl companies) but then there's other reputable vinyl companies who are just as good. nope i bought it during their anniversary sale which took place sometime last year.

On 5/13/2016 at 11:18 PM, Starrain said:

Thanks for your info. Love to see more picture of your renovation process! Also love seeing your profile deer pic It's a chio deer :wub:

hello @Starrain sure will update more when we are further in with our renovations. :) hahaha thanks the deer pic was something i koped off pinterest LOL when i googled baby animals. :lol:

Dropping by to say hi! I'm very sure I came across your blog while browsing through the forum, and swooned at your gorgeous, gorgeous wooden-look floor tiles.
And oh fellow bathroom concrete sink user! Let us take a moment to celebrate the convenience of having a waterproof concrete vanity in the bathroom :wub: 

On 11/05/2016 at 2:12 PM, pipsqueak said:

He explicitly states up front that he does not give receipts for payments and even his quotations to you may not be super detailed (there was one time where he forgot to include additional work costs into his quotation..end up he would have lugi-ed if not for my honesty ahha)..but that's part of his character.

this worries me abit... i try to look up HDB list of contractors and noticed that Renoguyz is not HDB registered... and since he also dun issue receipt... what if later something goes wrong?

On 5/24/2016 at 11:26 PM, owlNbear said:

Dropping by to say hi! I'm very sure I came across your blog while browsing through the forum, and swooned at your gorgeous, gorgeous wooden-look floor tiles.
And oh fellow bathroom concrete sink user! Let us take a moment to celebrate the convenience of having a waterproof concrete vanity in the bathroom :wub: 

Hey @owlNbear:D so nice to have you dropping by! yes man i cannot wait till i complete my reno and hopefully the results would be as satisfactory as yours!

On 5/26/2016 at 1:40 PM, d3n said:

this worries me abit... i try to look up HDB list of contractors and noticed that Renoguyz is not HDB registered... and since he also dun issue receipt... what if later something goes wrong?

Hello @d3n , i checked with Nick and he will be getting his registration in Sep - currently processing now. I agree that there is a certain risk going along with him considering that he's quite sui bian in certain areas but he has proved to us that he's trustworthy and reliable especially in terms of delivering results (which was of more importance to us), hence we still went along with him. I'm still halfway through my renovations so perhaps you would like to drop by again when I have updates. In the meantime, if you still have your reservations, I would recommend you check out other IDs and contractors first. :) 

4 hours ago, pipsqueak said:

Hello @d3n , i checked with Nick and he will be getting his registration in Sep - currently processing now. I agree that there is a certain risk going along with him considering that he's quite sui bian in certain areas but he has proved to us that he's trustworthy and reliable especially in terms of delivering results (which was of more importance to us), hence we still went along with him. I'm still halfway through my renovations so perhaps you would like to drop by again when I have updates. In the meantime, if you still have your reservations, I would recommend you check out other IDs and contractors first. :) 

i am still contemplating to use him lol because i have seen more than 10 IDs... just want to know if I engage Nick what quite of pricing and worksmanship he can offers.

i have a rough idea what we want for our home design... just that we may also not have much time to manage the renovation due to our work. so this is another factor unless the contractor can manage everything for us so we just pop by on and off to check the progress.

Edited by d3n

19 hours ago, d3n said:

i am still contemplating to use him lol because i have seen more than 10 IDs... just want to know if I engage Nick what quite of pricing and worksmanship he can offers.

i have a rough idea what we want for our home design... just that we may also not have much time to manage the renovation due to our work. so this is another factor unless the contractor can manage everything for us so we just pop by on and off to check the progress.

@d3n Nick's pricing is definitely competitive compared to the others I went to when I was comparing quotes, and I'm only halfway through so I cannot evaluate his workmanship yet until carpentry is up which should be within this month.

Same as you - I had a rough idea in my head already so I was looking for a contractor to execute it out and provide technical advice and Nick was great during that meeting because he highlighted potential problems which would arise from what we wanted so it was all there and out in the open. We like that he was transparent and in-your-face kind of blunt. I had an experience with another potential ID who basically agreed to everything that I wanted which seemed like he was overpromising me.

To be honest, my fiance and i are both very busy with work and the upcoming wedding hence we hardly have time to check on the progress too. I think engaging Nick would require that you also go down frequently just to check because he truly forgets sometimes because he's very busy. He requires a little push at times but he gets it done quickly when he's available to. 

Hope the above info helps. I think you have to meet him and decide for yourself if he's the one for you.

8 hours ago, NOTSomebody said:

Hi

Can you PM me Nick's contact as well? Thank you very much!

Hello @NOTSomebody  you can contact Nick at +65 9690 7887. You're welcome!

Installation of gas heater and carpentry updates

Not sure if we are the chillest couple or what but our renovation is sure taking an awfully long time and we are only starting to get gancheong because it's a little too close to our wedding and so we are starting to chase Nick lol. 

Here are some updates in the meantime :)

Thanks to @bykaraanne advice on gas heaters (it was really helpful for us!) - we decided to heed her advice and install the Macro brand as well. We haven't tried it yet..maybe will do a review of this once we take a shower or something here ahha.

IMG_0063.jpg

Carpentry was installed only week before but I must admit that the delay was largely due to us (or me ahem) being fickle-minded over the laminates. :unsure: Please go to the laminate factory to have a look at the full sized samples because the small pieces will tell you nothing about how the whole design/grain looks like eventually.

We were going back and forth over lighter shades of wood to darker shades..we ended up on the dark spectrum as evident below.

Our shoe cabinet, with space below for us to slot in shoes which we wear more often.

IMG_0075.jpg

Kitchen cabinets not fully installed yet.

IMG_0076.jpgIMG_0077.jpg

And our wardrobe area which will also be a study area on the other side.

IMG_0065.jpg

Some boo-boos found during our inspection...

1) We wanted Nick to customize a drawer to fit the Ikea cutlery trays and we mentioned it many times but he was either too busy or he forgot. :( So he will be fabricating another one for us based on our current drawer's measurements.

IMG_0081.jpg

2) Gap between shoe cabinet and db box was supposed to be wide enough to house a stool for us to wear our shoes but the gap ended up to be around 5cm wide. He wanted to box up the area and paint it but we are counter proposing that he inserts some planks to make a small shelving for us to leave our mails and keys instead. We will see how this goes. 

IMG_0082.jpg

I'm in a similar situation. My reno started in April and my ID told me it will be done by end June. So I have been very chill. All I told him was I wanted to move in by mid-July (unlike you, I don't have a wedding to prep for, but I do want to move in before 7th month starts on 3 August). So now, I'm chasing my ID quite a bit too. 

Hey! Glad you got it installed. I hope you like it. I'm enjoying it - cooking almost everyday + bathing my gas bill last month was $6+. In colder months it didn't exceed $13. I like that it's environmentally friendly and does the job! ;) 

can't wait to see it completed :) 

37 minutes ago, JohnJohn said:

I'm in a similar situation. My reno started in April and my ID told me it will be done by end June. So I have been very chill. All I told him was I wanted to move in by mid-July (unlike you, I don't have a wedding to prep for, but I do want to move in before 7th month starts on 3 August). So now, I'm chasing my ID quite a bit too. 

@JohnJohn oh no i didn't realise 7th month was next month till u mentioned it! looks like we are all going to have to push them further then! 8|

your progress definitely looks almost completed though, i'm sure you can move in before end July! 

Edited by pipsqueak

17 minutes ago, bykaraanne said:

Hey! Glad you got it installed. I hope you like it. I'm enjoying it - cooking almost everyday + bathing my gas bill last month was $6+. In colder months it didn't exceed $13. I like that it's environmentally friendly and does the job! ;) 

can't wait to see it completed :) 

@bykaraanne Wahhh that's huge savings indeed! thank you so very much for your advice previously, you were really pretty much the deciding factor for us to choose gas heater in the end haha. :) I haven't tried it yet but I do like the look of it already  

Yes I really can't wait for this to end..it's been an extremely long process especially for us :help: