Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

On 3/28/2016 at 6:49 PM, pipsqueak said:

Over here, we purchased an Elmark aeronamics fan in oak (52 inch) without light for the living room, Vento-fino 2 for the MBR (read somewhere that ceiling fan should not be placed above the bed? Selectively "pantang" about the fengshui in my house:rolleyes: ) and 3 LED lights (2 for the toilets and 1 for the service yard/bomb shelter) for approximately SGD$800 in total after taxes (paid about $31). 

The savings are pretty great i would say, but it does take a lot of trouble to lug the big boxes (quite heavy too) and it was especially tough for us when we decided to take the bus back to save the money. Please be prepared to carry your goods up the bus, carry it down again to go through customs and then finally back up again for the ride back to SG. Train/Cab would be a more comfortable option! And please please remember to bring a foldable trolley to wheel your goods around unless you are strong like the hulk heh. 

LMD30_OAK_website.jpg09fcc5_d54eeda5f04d442eb6612535475e24d2.

Hi Pipsqueak,

Found your nice blog when I was googling on reviews for the vento fino fan. Any feedback on the speed of the fan? Is it strong enough to cool down an entire room? 

Also, just curious... can you share how and where you placed the fan in your master bedroom? 

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
On 7/26/2017 at 10:04 PM, orangecrab said:

Hi Pipsqueak,

Found your nice blog when I was googling on reviews for the vento fino fan. Any feedback on the speed of the fan? Is it strong enough to cool down an entire room? 

Also, just curious... can you share how and where you placed the fan in your master bedroom? 

Hi @orangecrab thanks for the compliments! we are very happy with the fan - we placed it at the corner of our MBR which is right beside the window. We found it to be very windy for us at medium speed and with the oscillation turned on. :)

However please note that the fan tends to be a bit noisy when turned on because it is an AC fan, not DC fan which is quieter. We are ok with the fan sound though - actually quite therapeutic for us LOL. 

Edited by pipsqueak

On 7/28/2017 at 1:23 PM, peihao83 said:

Hi , how do you manage to get HDB approval to hack away the kitchen floor tiles and lay with new tiling? Its a new BTO right?

hello @peihao83 ! our contractor Nick applied the permit to hack away the kitchen floor tiles for us - we are not exactly sure how he did it though but he said he could do it so we just proceeded with that. Yup it is a new BTO. 

Hi pipsqueak! Enjoyed reading your blog and I never realised dark wood laminates on the kitchen cabinets can look so gorgeous!!! -inspired-

Can I also have the contact for D please? Shortlisted Nick as well, thanks to your recommendation! :rolleyes:

On 8/4/2017 at 11:15 PM, tinglebelle said:

Hi pipsqueak! Enjoyed reading your blog and I never realised dark wood laminates on the kitchen cabinets can look so gorgeous!!! -inspired-

Can I also have the contact for D please? Shortlisted Nick as well, thanks to your recommendation! :rolleyes:

thanks for your kind words! :) have pm-ed you! @tinglebelle

Edited by pipsqueak

15 hours ago, orangecrab said:

will pm you! @orangecrab

1 hour ago, Blade07 said:

Could I find out how much you paid for the vento fino fan? And where did you get it? Thanks!

hello @Blade07 i paid approx $350 for this vinto fino II (able to oscillate) but i believe it may be cheaper now? i bought it from HT lightings in Johor Bahru :) 

On 8/8/2017 at 8:46 AM, pipsqueak said:

will pm you! @orangecrab

hello @Blade07

@pipsqueak

Hi, I purchased a vento fino 2 last year and now we have got problems with the blades. Not rotating as well. Was wondering if you have any contacts to those who deal with fino fan repairs? Called amasco but they are reluctant in doing so cos fan was not bought from them. Any help would be great! 

Ps. To those who are considering in buying the fino fan, it's a great fan with great speed which thus create a breezy home. Just fyi. =) thanks in advance guys! 

On 10/15/2017 at 10:03 AM, Lovalova said:

@pipsqueak

Hi, I purchased a vento fino 2 last year and now we have got problems with the blades. Not rotating as well. Was wondering if you have any contacts to those who deal with fino fan repairs? Called amasco but they are reluctant in doing so cos fan was not bought from them. Any help would be great! 

Ps. To those who are considering in buying the fino fan, it's a great fan with great speed which thus create a breezy home. Just fyi. =) thanks in advance guys! 

hello @Lovalova where did you buy your fan from? i am not sure if it would help to call the shop you purchased the fan from.. and sorry i am abit confused but why would you call Amasco? I thought the fan is under NSB or are they under the same brand? 

Hello! Love your TV console! Do you mind sharing the link for it? I have seen the one in Castlery but its interior is striking red >_< Thank you!

On 3/28/2016 at 5:54 PM, pipsqueak said:

Nick was the very first person we went to for a quote. As mentioned by others who have met him before, he was dressed in t-shirt and berms and slippers and he met us in Macs to discuss the quote. He was blunt and straight to the point, calling some of my ideas "snake with many legs" haha but i guess we really liked his honesty and sarcasm. He was also the last person we met to revise the quote and we decided to engage him on the spot because he was both reasonable and we liked how he highlighted some of the potential problems/issues and there was no sugar-coating at all. 

Another reason we chose Nick was because we wanted a contractor and not an ID - somebody who is experienced in the area of knowing what problems may arise in the technicality and practicality of renovations, while I am somewhat confident enough of us coming up with our own designs (all inspired of course, from pinterest  ) . He's proved to be the right choice..so far 

Thank you for your review!