Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
PinkMonkey

Our Tiny Smart Scandinavian Home (Without ID)

5 hours ago, PinkMonkey said:

Shopping List for Living Room

1) Sofa
Option used: 颜色分类双人位布艺/西皮几人坐组合

Tips & Tricks
Online shopping is always a challenge when you cannot see or feel the product. Since I wanted a textile sofa, i requested for sample materials, because sample pictures are not enough. They may turn out really different, due to lighting and camera used, and also if they used photoshop. So asked for sample clothe or leather used to be send to me. In my case, I chatted with the sales girl using AliWangWang (messenger app for TaoBao). Quoted 10 RMB for those samples.
I used a vPost china address, so they ship to my vPost china address, then ship it to Singapore. After touching the real material used, then i chose the color and material i want. 

Review:
Comfortable: So-so, abit harder than I thought it will be
Material and finishing: Good quality. 
Overall: Satisfied purchase, the goods come in good condition, no loose running thread.

2) Side chair
Option used: 颜色分类胡桃木+头层真皮

Review:
Comfortable: Very comfortable.
Material and finishing: Good quality. Better than i expected.
Overall: Good buy, good price.

3) Curtain

• Day curtain
    Option used: 颜色分类GF-09291尺寸每米价格(韩式挂钩加工)
  • Curtain
    Option used: 颜色分类GF-140421-4尺寸每米价格(含韩式挂钩加工)需要几米拍几件

Review:
    Hasn't hang up, but the material feels good. Good quality stuff, will review again after hang up and tried.

4) Clock
5) Dining table

6) Speakers (Canton Chronos series)

Audition a couple of times for these speakers when I was in Stuttgart, in their Saturn store (similar to Harvey Norman or Courts in Singapore). Like the sound and the overall aesthetic, able to match with my decor theme.  

Hi Hi, where do you get your curtain track? Your contractor install for you? 

Thanks

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
13 minutes ago, daolevo said:

Hi Hi, where do you get your curtain track? Your contractor install for you? 

Thanks

Hi,
I ask contractor to help me buy, plus install for me. The track doesn't cost much.
Its the custom made curtain that's expensive in SG.

But both my MBR and common bedroom, I use roller blind, and I get them locally. Because in general, quality of roller blind from TaoBao not that good.

Really super informative blog!! So thankful till I wanna cry.. T_T

Noticed the ply wood can be seen under the kitchen top tiles. Is it suppose to be like that?

Seems like the owner is going to cover the exposed plywood with stainless steel trim. :)
Looking forward to the results.

Edited by kellerush

Thankful for such an informative blog entailing the home automation details and furniture/laminate selection. Very impressive and cosy house you have! Thank you for all the tips shared! Lastly would you mind sharing the contacts of your contractor? :)

Edited by aicila

On 4/13/2016 at 5:15 PM, PinkMonkey said:

And on the other side, my hood is up as well.
The contractor also patched and paste tiles on this side of the wall. Was originally window, but we think it is very hard to maintain, hard to clean up, and not too much use, so we decided to also paste the kitchen tiles with the spare tiles given by HDB to have uniform look on both side of the kitchen.

Remaining works will be to seal up the sides of the hood, and seal up the countertop joint with silicone.
Chosen a 45degree hood, to maximize oil and smell suction at the cooking area. To provide more details later. :notti:

large.kitchen_04.jpg

hihi! the hood looks interesting.. is it really more effective? may i know the price and where you got it from please? thanks! :)

On 7/10/2016 at 4:05 PM, aicila said:

Thankful for such an informative blog entailing the home automation details and furniture/laminate selection. Very impressive and cosy house you have! Thank you for all the tips shared! Lastly would you mind sharing the contacts of your contractor? :)

On 7/10/2016 at 9:20 PM, seal33 said:

hi, can i have your contractor's contact? I really love your living room feel

Thank you @aicila and @seal33 :)

Yeah, sure, PM you.

I will post more updates this weekend. After moving in for about 3 months now, can review some of products that i bought. 

Edited by PinkMonkey

On 7/10/2016 at 8:25 PM, simplydelish said:

hihi! the hood looks interesting.. is it really more effective? may i know the price and where you got it from please? thanks! :)

@simplydelish Yes, it's more effective. Because the "suction" area is closer to the cooking zone, and the suction is really strong. This is important because most kitchen are small, having a powerful efficient hood means less clean up later.

I got it from TaoBao, about sgd$200. Link here

Edited by PinkMonkey

pls post more pictures.. 

im 3roomer and same layout with you..

your induction cooker, is from tb too? 

21 hours ago, rxgn said:

pls post more pictures.. 

im 3roomer and same layout with you..

your induction cooker, is from tb too? 

@rxgn Yes, also from TB, about sgd 100. Link here

I chosen double ceramic cooker. You can choose either double induction, 1 each or both ceramic.

You can even BBQ on the ceramic cooker.... hahaha

Will post more pictures this weekend :)

On 7/25/2016 at 0:10 PM, georgieporgie said:

hello PinkMonkey or Alexial,

Nice house and congrats from EDMW! Mind sharing more pictures and your contractor contact? thanks bro

:D:yeah:

Hi there! Thanks fellow EDMWer, i have Pm you on the contact. :)