Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Catt

Small House Holding Our Big Dreams

22 hours ago, trcd said:

Congrats on moving in!!!! :drunk:

I must say how I love the look of the kitchen floor tiles and the bathroom tiles. Looking sweet. If I ever have another reno, i'm getting those tiles.

Thanks for the link to the shower head! I'm ordering one as I type... My water pressure sucks and it's upsetting me so much that I'm contemplating changing the whole heater. I have no idea if it's the water pressure or the water heater that is causing that... Also very awkward to ask neighbours 'eh, how is your water pressure?'

And at least you have a utility room to hang clothes! Mine will be in the kitchen. Tak glam.

I suspect it's the heater.... I have to use the booster with that showerhead to get a full flow. My other half doesn't turn on the booster as she hates the noise. But without it like not shiok! Takes so long to wash hair.My kitchen tap pressure sucks. I tried going outside to turn up the pressure... didn't realise that the pipe is 'locked'. I wonder if I can call up HDB to turn it up? I think neighbours would have the same problem.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
10 hours ago, Changbp said:

Can provide the link? And How much does it cost.

Hi @ChangbpI believe I paid USD $ 619 excluding taxes (about $89 sgd). Shipping was waived as there was some mistake with my order. I got this from Amazon. You could try your luck calling up Amazon US customer service to request for a shipping waiver due to the amount.

Here's the link (I bought with a tap and soap dispenser. For some reason couldn't find one that shipped the sink alone to Singapore):

https://www.amazon.com/Kraus-KHF200-33-KPF1612-KSD30SS-Farmhouse-Stainless-Dispenser/dp/B00K2QO3J6/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1477571838&sr=8-12&keywords=kraus+farmhouse+sink

3 hours ago, Catt said:

I suspect it's the heater.... I have to use the booster with that showerhead to get a full flow. My other half doesn't turn on the booster as she hates the noise. But without it like not shiok! Takes so long to wash hair.My kitchen tap pressure sucks. I tried going outside to turn up the pressure... didn't realise that the pipe is 'locked'. I wonder if I can call up HDB to turn it up? I think neighbours would have the same problem.

My kitchen tap pressure is ok - it's just the bathroom shower that has very poor pressure.

I called PUB who got the town council plumber to check on it - mine has been turned to the maximum apparently... You can give them a call. The uncle was punctual (surprise, surprise) and dropped by on a Sat.

• Like 1

On 27 October 2016 at 8:39 PM, Catt said:

Hi @ChangbpI believe I paid USD $ 619 excluding taxes (about $89 sgd). Shipping was waived as there was some mistake with my order. I got this from Amazon. You could try your luck calling up Amazon US customer service to request for a shipping waiver due to the amount.

Here's the link (I bought with a tap and soap dispenser. For some reason couldn't find one that shipped the sink alone to Singapore):

https://www.amazon.com/Kraus-KHF200-33-KPF1612-KSD30SS-Farmhouse-Stainless-Dispenser/dp/B00K2QO3J6/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1477571838&sr=8-12&keywords=kraus+farmhouse+sink

Thanks! So it's Kraus. That explains the price, convert to sgd plus shipping is :help:

i'm gathering ideas for my overhaul of my parents kitchen and bathrooms, i like your kitchen, clean lines and very airy. Especially the way the sink couples with the cabinets. Though its out of my budget.

9 hours ago, Changbp said:

Thanks! So it's Kraus. That explains the price, convert to sgd plus shipping is :help:

i'm gathering ideas for my overhaul of my parents kitchen and bathrooms, i like your kitchen, clean lines and very airy. Especially the way the sink couples with the cabinets. Though its out of my budget.

Actually if it's an apronfront sink you are looking at, there are plenty of alternatives. Some are firestone clay, some are porcelain. Kohler had a stainless steel one for about $750 sgd locally that I didn't go for as they had to ship it in (they were changing stock at that time) and I couldn't wait for the 3 month lead time. Here are some from Bacera if you like that original farmhouse look:

https://www.bacera.com.sg/kitchen-sink/ceramic-fireclay-farmhouse-sink/

Genova does stainless steel farmhouse sinks too:

http://www.genova.com.sg/?p=productsMore&iProduct=1063&sName=KS-133AS1

Ikea carries farmhouse sinks too.

Edited by Catt

On 3 November 2016 at 10:44 AM, Catt said:

Hey @trcd did the showerhead help with your issue?

Yes it did! Thanks @Catt ! An improvement compared to before (which was so wimpy...).

The water spray is definitely more powderful from those tiny nozzles! :drunk:

Did you end up contacting Singapore Power to check on the water pressure?

On 08/11/2016 at 0:23 AM, trcd said:

Yes it did! Thanks @Catt ! An improvement compared to before (which was so wimpy...).

The water spray is definitely more powderful from those tiny nozzles! :drunk:

Did you end up contacting Singapore Power to check on the water pressure?

Oh no I didn't...got lazy and contented after the shower pressure improved :P

3 Dec'16 Update:

It's been about a month and a half since I've moved in. Slowly I see minor issues surfacing (not so much issues, more of discovering that the carpentry is sub-par). But! I've moved in, I've 'eaten the steak' so...live with it! The carpenters have indulged in a couple of shortcuts, one of which I will mention here. Under the kitchen cabinets, the cabinets are not actually 'sitting' on the cement base. They are placed on top of thin little stacked up pieces of wood (like a few smartphones stacked on top of each other). That means there is a gap between the cabinet and the base. This gap is not sealed. I discovered it only when a cockroach came into the kitchen one night and I sprayed insecticide on it. It ran under the cabinet overhanging the cement base and DISAPPEARED. That's when I got down on my hands and knees, with my face pressed to the floor, and discovered this disgusting shortcut. So the cockroach died under the cabinet and it will forever be entombed there. #%&&&^^*&$%@!!%!$ This means I will forever live in fear of roaches and other insects/ lizards creating nests under the cabinets.

I will have to seal up both the cabinet bases myself with sealant. I'm NOT calling the contractor back. Disgusting.

On a positive note, my major furniture have all arrived. The Suar wood dining table and bench came today and Darkling Half was ecstatic. She chose this slab of wood for the tabletop because of this marking on it that looks like Jupiter rings to me. I know it's slightly 'odd' as it goes against the flow of the grain. But whatever right? She likes it, so there! We can stare at the rings and contemplate the mysteries of life and the universe. Other than the table, I also bought a turner stool from Crate & Barrel during a 20% sale. To me it is quite pricey, but again, I feel guilty that I've taken over the step ladder stool in the kitchen, so I'm overcompensating with a stool for her. Lazy to take pics of the stool, you can google for it! Instead, enjoy some table p**n here:

Chairs are not from Arthur Zaaro. I think I mentioned that they are from Blaufink which is located next to Arthur Zaaro. The chairs arrived yesterday. 

dcq9ht.jpg

Here are the contemplative rings of life:

vzhhqc.jpg

P**n means excessive pics. Here's one more. Look at those markings! 

35mo9hx.jpg

One more item for the house is arriving. It got delayed due to the 11.11 Sale and Ezybuy was overwhelmed. Will post this item when it arrives and I install it in its final resting place. ;)

Edited by Catt

• Like 1