Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
huiamos

Mirrors

Am in the midst of renovating my resale hdb flat, and just realise I haven't thought of where to put my full length mirror. :blink:

Any tips on this?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

May I ask if it's a practical mirror (for dressing up) or decorative (like to reflect light and space to make house appear wider)? 

I read somewhere that mirrors reflecting food on the table is good as it represents abundance of food on your dining and very prosperous. @mummychua is right, no mirror reflecting bed to create unrest during sleep, mirror positioning also have to be practical, can you imagine waking up in the middle of the night to a full length mirror only to see your own shadow and mistaken it for something else.. 

Mirrors also shouldn't be placed in view of the main door, if not luck will be reflected away. Same logic as bagua mirror placed outside homes to reflect negative energies.  

Having the mirror reflect the dining table is a misconception actually. If you're not careful in placing the mirror it might bring in what we call 白虎煞 which represents 小人s etc. 

And everyone's right not having the mirror reflect the bed - it's touch on in the Chinese classics 『黃帝宅經』。=)

Feng shui masters often talk about    thus give them room to 杀。

Anything and everything also 煞, that come with chiam and scary names. Such names often associate with names of stars in the Northern hemisphere sky.

Pity the angmoh school of thought of FS followers that they could only use 'negative energy', much like 'uncle' include 叔,伯,舅 。

My Toilets got mirrors, MBR got dressing table which has mirror, the 2 wardrodes also got built in mirror. My hall got a 12 ft wide, half height mirror.

My previous house also like that.

Double cash? Double food? I don't know.

Invite 'white tiger'?, 'green dragon'? or 'small ppl'?, seriously I don't know.

One thing i do know - hall becomes 'brighter', less 'dull', and visitors love to ask me about the mirror in the hall.

My thoughts on mirror

toilet mirrors :Every morning "unconsciously", me n wife use it.  Most of the time, we do not see "bad luck or black cloud" in our foreheads when facing mirror, so I assume each day is okay.

As for bigger mirrors facing bed, etc, I do not have the fetish to see myself having sex in front of mirror .. LOL

Maybe having mirrors in dining rooms may help a seller quickly sells the hdb faster becos it may reflect a BIGGER space when actually it is just a 5 year old BTO small flat ..***sigh***

some fs said - Some pple like to have mirrors in dining rooms to reflect abundance - eg food, etc . To get full abundance, maybe place your bank book in front of a small mirror - confirm DOUBLE bank accounts. For DOUBLE of food, actually the contents in your fridge reflects whether there is abundance.

Edited by kalimantan

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 8:43 PM, bepgof said:

Feng shui masters often talk about    thus give them room to 杀。

Anything and everything also 煞, that come with chiam and scary names. Such names often associate with names of stars in the Northern hemisphere sky.

Pity the angmoh school of thought of FS followers that they could only use 'negative energy', much like 'uncle' include 叔,伯,舅 。

My Toilets got mirrors, MBR got dressing table which has mirror, the 2 wardrodes also got built in mirror. My hall got a 12 ft wide, half height mirror.

My previous house also like that.

Double cash? Double food? I don't know.

Invite 'white tiger'?, 'green dragon'? or 'small ppl'?, seriously I don't know.

One thing i do know - hall becomes 'brighter', less 'dull', and visitors love to ask me about the mirror in the hall.

In movies -  "left" green dragon and right "white tiger"  (translate in Chinese please)...actually what does it mean ? Does it signify good or bad or some power ?

I

On 17/05/2016 at 8:02 AM, kalimantan said:

In movies -  "left" green dragon and right "white tiger"  (translate in Chinese please)...actually what does it mean ? Does it signify good or bad or some power ?

I

http://baike.baidu.com/view/267119.htm

http://baike.baidu.com/view/17723.htm?fromtitle=%E4%BA%8C%E5%8D%81%E5%85%AB%E5%AE%BF&fromid=216535&type=syn

http://www.math.nus.edu.sg/aslaksen/teaching/heavenly.shtml

http://baike.baidu.com/view/267119.htm

I often said-understand the chinese's calendar system & star constellation.....before stepping into Chinese FS.

Then you'll not be 'easily conned'. Anyway, acquiring 'kongfu' always takes time and patience. This never goes wrong.

An earth has North & South. Above only applies to North because China in north.

After acquiring the 'kongfu' till certain grade, you'll ask yourself: Would these northern stars over the sky affect the ways of life in SOUTH indifferently as to the ppls in the NORTH ? And see how todays' masters tackle this question.

It's more important to have one 'mirror' in the heart than millions of mirrors in a house.