Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Love love your home! :wub: And all the decor touches like the little buckets of flowers, fairy lights and how the woody items/laminates match perfectly. I can only hope that my house turns out half as cozy as yours! 

All the best for your wedding prep! What are the things you're diy-ing for your big day? 

On 1 July 2016 at 11:31 AM, ricepapergirl said:

I see a Roomba! :D 

Cheaper version from Taobao! :D

though not so pro with mapping memory etc, but good enough to vacuum hair and dust hahaha! 

On 1 July 2016 at 4:50 PM, Reiken said:

Definitely like the way your house turns out.. very very beautiful... 

Thank you so much! :) I'm sure yours will be nice too! Read about your common toilet tiles crack issue hope BSC settle the issue for u soon! 

22 hours ago, kingandbin said:

Love love your home! :wub: And all the decor touches like the little buckets of flowers, fairy lights and how the woody items/laminates match perfectly. I can only hope that my house turns out half as cozy as yours! 

All the best for your wedding prep! What are the things you're diy-ing for your big day? 

Thank you for your compliments!! Your home definitely will be very cozy too! The little buckets of flowers were dried flowers that I bought from taobao. Just need to arrange them. Planning to use it as wedding decorations too! :D

i made a mini teepee, big teepee, fairy lights decorations and Ang bao box for the wedding! Hope they won't tear apart because I anyhow sew as I have never done sewing before hahaha! 

Off topic but here are some pics of the DIY! I think I am going to use some as decoration at home after the big day 

456B258B-9546-40FD-8950-729C9EC398DD_zps

ADDDFBC8-34D6-4791-84D3-1D19D201815D_zps

A9471072-344E-4756-8112-1506A6D0DFB9_zps

On 5/4/2016 at 7:22 PM, lalashir said:

Decisions making time!

Ever since I had started our renovations, I felt that there are so many things that needed decisions! I felt that I had never made so much decisions before and what makes it worse is I am a super indecisive person which sometimes drives hubby and J & E crazy lol! :rofl:

We had decided to drop the idea of overlaying common toilet due to budget constraints. Kitchen will be screeded and paint over hence I need to choose tiles for MBR toilet and kitchen backsplash. 

I spend the longest time deciding on these. I think I changed my mind like x times cannot decide if I want to have feature wall in the toilet or not etc went Hafary like 4 times before decided on the below. 

Tiles for backsplash 

D68941DD-5726-40F4-9E86-C5E165698B2F_zps

MBR toilet walls

54712DC5-19C9-41AF-9546-7E4494E8A9E8_zps

And MBR toilet floor

287012F0-CD8A-4BAB-BA93-E8FC98535274_zps

Hey.. Im a noob on renovation, my key collection is drawing near and we would like to engage contractor instead of an ID. Jus for my curiosity if I were to engage contractor directly will they be providing sample for the tiles and flooring?? 

On 30 June 2016 at 7:58 PM, lalashir said:

Some post move-in updates! Not professional shoots but some snapshots from mobile. Not much changes except that some of the decorations are up. 

Finally moved in to the crib recently. It was super crazy packing and unpacking for the house! 

507AC7B6-7272-4AD4-87B2-440962484D7F_zps

Please ignore the mess in the living room as I am doing for DIY for our upcoming wedding hence the stuffs are everywhere! :D

5B758CAA-FCCA-49C7-BD88-CF0C739DF94A_zps

Night shot with the warm lightings :)

EF2306AD-568F-4F87-8FF7-4D1EEA22D895_zps

Need to put up some decorations on the wall for dining area but yet to do so.

0F35EE70-0E00-4345-8293-C40EEF6DC4BA_zps

Curtains were done by Vincent Curtains! 

7A8E97B1-4BA3-4DA0-B193-7907A752C5AC_zps

E01C7A6D-1231-401F-8D1C-9C96A83B2F44_zps

99625E7F-4D50-42DA-9AD2-73812B9A642B_zps

6F546B03-F645-4CFD-91CA-A307E80DBA8D_zps

323BBC10-093B-4C08-BBAE-7D97D867CB67_zps

Thanks all for reading :)

Nice home decor!! Where did u buy the shelving ledge? Taobao? :) 

Edited by evangel
To notify me of reply

On 5 July 2016 at 6:05 PM, candyseah1234 said:

Hey.. Im a noob on renovation, my key collection is drawing near and we would like to engage contractor instead of an ID. Jus for my curiosity if I were to engage contractor directly will they be providing sample for the tiles and flooring?? 

Hi! The contractor will not give you tiles sample but when your contractor brings you to the tile shop the shop will be giving you the samples. 

They are all very friendly! Even if I walked in without my contractors, they still entertained me and gave me a lot for samples. 

17 hours ago, evangel said:

Nice home decor!! Where did u buy the shelving ledge? Taobao? :) 

Hi! Which ledge are you referring to? The white picture ledge on first and last picture? If you are referring to those, they are from ikea! :)

Hi

I've enjoyed your blog on your reno, really interesting. Esp like your MBR toilet. Can you share with me your J&E contact ? many Thanks.

Hi, your house reno without ID turns up to be great and cosy! Love the overall house feel. Do you mind sharing with me the contact no. of J&E? And the cost of overlaying MBR? What are the scopes of your Reno works that costs $30k++? Thanks! :)

On 5/8/2016 at 11:52 PM, lalashir said:

We did not get the electrician to install the Elmark fans that we got from JB. The electrician shared that they had tried to install many JB Elmark's fan and it's always very wobbly due to the U hook for Malaysia kind of ceiling. Instead of paying them to do and in the end we get wobbly fans, he shared that one of the client actually got Elmark Singapore to install for her and bought the ceiling fan hook that is meant for Singapore kind of ceiling but he is not sure of the cost. 

I called up Elmark Singapore and got them to come down to install the 3 Elmark fans instead! It cost $50 per fan and $30 transport charges. Optional items are the hook that was mentioned previously. It cost $45 per hook. The Elmark technician said that it is ok that we do not buy the hook but he said it will be wobbly as well due to the U hook. 

We had seen friends who used the Malaysia's U hook and fhe Elmark fan was really very wobbly. Since it's for long term usage we decided to just purchase the local Elmark ceiling hooks. The fans are indeed not wobbly after the installation. Would not recommend getting the 3 tone LED light from Tampoi because though the fans does not wobble the light kit does! It is because that light kit was meant for ceilings and there's only 1 single hook support and the Elmark technician recommend us to change the light kit to something with more support so that it will be perfect. 

Well, next time maybe! Since we already bought it we will just use it till it spoils. There are too many other things to spend on during renovations. 

Hihi, do you have the Elmark electrician's contact by any chance? Thanks!

On 8 July 2016 at 3:35 PM, kale825 said:

Hi, can PM me J&E contact? Thanks.

Pm sent! 

On 8 July 2016 at 4:29 PM, corvette said:

Hi

I've enjoyed your blog on your reno, really interesting. Esp like your MBR toilet. Can you share with me your J&E contact ? many Thanks.

Pm sent! 

On 8 July 2016 at 4:51 PM, rainJY21 said:

Hi, 

Where do you get your sofa & dining table set? 

Can pm the cost and breakdown for overlaying tiles works?

Thanks

Pm sent! 

The sofa is from Castlery and dining table and chairs I bought all pieces separately from taobao. 

On 9 July 2016 at 2:52 PM, aicila said:

Hi, your house reno without ID turns up to be great and cosy! Love the overall house feel. Do you mind sharing with me the contact no. of J&E? And the cost of overlaying MBR? What are the scopes of your Reno works that costs $30k++? Thanks! :)

Hi! Thank you! Dropped you a pm for the contacts

as for the scopes of our Reno, it includes overlay mbr toilet, vinyl for living room, carpentry for mbr toilet, mbr wardrobes + dressing table, common room wardrobe, shoe + altar carpentry, kitchen carpentry and electrical. :) 

On 10 July 2016 at 10:35 AM, sganimefan said:

Hihi, do you have the Elmark electrician's contact by any chance? Thanks!

Hello! I got it from Elmark's Singapore website! I don't have them anymore you can try to search from their website :)

On 13 July 2016 at 5:06 PM, candyseah1234 said:

Your home is very nicely done up.. Love those table lamps.. is it also from TB? 

Hello! Thank you! Are you referring to those fairy lights decorations on the tv console? I DIY-ed them. :)