Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
On 7/24/2016 at 8:25 PM, Mannequin said:

Hi Do you mind to share your ID and quotes. Thank you.

On 9/26/2016 at 3:49 PM, Emperorwendy said:

Hello, congrats on your reno! It looks really nice and cozy. Love the little touches that you have done, I am defintely stealing some ideas taking notes. :ph34r:

Can I get the contatcts for J&E too please? J&E should really give you a referral fee :X

On 9/26/2016 at 5:53 PM, skvivian07 said:

Hi Lalashir,

can you share your id contact with quotations?

Thanks.

On 9/26/2016 at 5:53 PM, skvivian07 said:

Hi Lalashir,

can you share your id contact with quotations?

Thanks.

On 9/26/2016 at 10:07 PM, wernming said:

Hi lalashir, what we have in mind for our 4RM is very similar to yours! could very much appreciate it if you can send me the contact of your contractor!

On 9/26/2016 at 10:07 PM, wernming said:

Hi lalashir, what we have in mind for our 4RM is very similar to yours! could very much appreciate it if you can send me the contact of your contractor!

PM sent :)

On 10/1/2016 at 4:01 PM, hellocupid said:

love your console and hexagon frame at the wall! mind sharing the link please? :)

hello! the console's link is https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=521339049048&spm=a1z09.2.0.0.tEkA3h&_u=42gkn51tc401&sku_properties=29112:97926

as for the hexagon frames, we got it customized in bangkok and handcarry back hence no links to share :)

On 10/6/2016 at 9:21 AM, nin3tails said:

Hi, nice hse!

can i have J & E contacts and the scope of work they had done up for you please. Thanks ya!.

PM sent :)

Hello everyone! Been a long time since I log in to this forum. We had settled down very comfortably in our home and still loving every corner of our home! 

I received some PMs to check how are the items holding up for our home especially Taobao stuffs. Just thought I should post some move in updates on the stuffs that we had bought for our home.

Most of the stuffs that we bought from taobao are still holding up really well!

- TV console, Dining table and chairs definitely still is real good condition. 

- Stainless steel stuff from Taobao, the bidet spray had some tiny spot of rust forming. The common toilet basin set that I bought, the tap that came with it had some rust spots and looks really dull which I just can't stand it anymore and bought a Grohe tap locally to replace it. The water trap also has rust spots forming. 

Rainshower, MBR basin set and Kitchen tap are all good! So I guess it's more of a hit and miss thing for Taobao's stainless steel stuffs. 

- All the lightings are still working very well for us as well as the bulbs that we had got from taobao they are still working! 

- We finally changed our default HDB toilet bowls. I think it is one of the best choice ever! The default HDB toilet bowls are so small hence comfort level isn't really good and the flushing power is really so weak that we have to flush 2 or 3 times to get rid of the stuffs which is really irritating. 

Bought 2 Baron 888 WC from Heritage and got their recommended plumber to change it for us. The plumber charges is definitely much lower than J&E's plumber and they had used cement to seal up the toilet bowl instead of silicone which was used by J&E's plumber previously. Cement seal up is more resistant to dirt and mould hence it is easier to maintain! 

Had read before some people feedback that the WC's flushing power is not very strong but no issues for us! It's working pretty well. Sometime back, I called up Heritage to feedback that the toilet seems to have a little bit of leakage and rust coming out from the toilet seat steel fittings and they said that they will get Baron to come down to check, the service is very prompt! They came down the next day to check. After inspecting the staff said that it is not leakage but is normal as their WC will trap some leftover water after flushing hence it may flow down and they also changed the rusty toilet seat steel fitting without any charge. I found out that it is turning rusty because the husband had been using bleach to clean the toilet bowls :rofl:

As for J&E, they are still very responsive after the handover! Our sliding shoe cabinet has some issues as it can't slide out smoothly and they had came down to replace it after we had feedback to them. :good:

Some post move in picture updates :)

Put up a picture wall for the dining area which was previous empty :)

IMG_0617.jpg

Picture wall for the walkway

c72df07236.jpg

We got a armchair for our living room and all our guests love this armchair! It's so comfortable! 

MYFKkV.jpg

Realized that I did not really post up pictures of the MBR, here it goes! 

Most of our guests are very interested in our Vento Fino 2 fan everyone thinks that it looks really cute it does not just look good they are also impressed on how strong the wind is! :good:

c6accec30d.jpg

c6acc1cc9c.jpg

On 15 May 2016 at 11:57 PM, lalashir said:

More Taobao buys update! I used to feel excited when I have parcels but at this point, after unwrapping x numbers of taobao parcels I felt that unwrapping parcels are **** tiring and I don't feel excited anymore :bleah:

i like solid wood furniture hence all of the pieces are made from solid wood and Taobao's solid wood furnitures prices are super attractive! 

1353C276-50B7-4047-A4F1-7433B8A1D981_zps

Solid wood TV console 

E0458261-C1C3-4AB0-8AF8-BD0E33684449_zps

Extendable dining table. 

FE0DFCCC-3E32-4121-AAF9-4236DB8CA3FC_zps

Bought lotsa wooden hangers from Taobao. Cheaper than IKEA! Seriously I wipe these hangers till I my hands **** sore :~

EF98DFBB-43F4-47C8-9CC9-F68B5C9FD554_zps

Dressing table for my mum from Taobao. When the cover of the table is lifted, there will be a mirror. 

69343DB3-77C8-45C0-9E6C-DD97209E3DCE_zps

2 Y-bone chair which I have not decided if should use it as dining chairs or for dressing table. 

1ADB0B58-E19D-4567-9E74-09CFA1D8291B_zps

EC8CC2B9-2D1F-4DDA-963C-82A6D32E3A26_zps

Stool which is going to use placed near main door for wearing shoes. 

C2614E75-2ADF-45C7-92A6-E72EC1D2BB62_zps

Wooden hanger. Love these! :wub:

3A71A92D-E59E-4DA6-A13A-F27872550344_zps

Wooden hangers near main door area as well. I'm going to place a stool here so we can sit down while wearing our shoe and the hanger can be used for hanging bags etc 

B2886016-7513-4D22-993E-8FDA93B69AE7_zps

Wood framed mirror. I almost wanted to buy from Muji and they are selling at $189 I think then decided to take a risk and buy from Taobao instead! It cost $50+ from taobao hence some $ saved! If you realized, the doors are installed too. More pictures in next post :)

FEA20E72-FA7E-4608-B732-A2633C03DDFA_zps

ohmygosh I love the dressing table, It's so adorable! :) may I have the taobao link for it please? :) and may I also get the contact for your contractor? it looks so good! 

On 07/11/2016 at 10:45 AM, Reiken said:

Still loving the looks of your house @lalashir

On 22/11/2016 at 6:05 PM, northblue said:

Very beatifiul and cozy as well. thank you for sharing this had some some nice insites as well.

On 22/11/2016 at 11:25 PM, nestlee said:

Hello   @lalashir

I realized that we had a lot similar purchases and really love the design of your house! :D 

On 23/11/2016 at 1:26 PM, hototay said:

love your hoards from taobao, saved a lot of $$$$$$.. congrats on the design of your new home 

Thank you everyone for your kind words! :)