Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

6 minutes ago, lalashir said:

Thanks @Reiken will check them out when we want to change our light kits! 

@psyche7 you are most welcome! The granite sink really look very nice compared to traditional stainless steel sink. :notti:

@sganimefan I didn't check out the manufacturing country and had threw the boxes away so unsure if the fans were MIC or not. 

How much is Phylux selling Elmark Aeronamics 23? Just curious. :P

Defintely more than Tampoi. 599 SGD for fan, 3 tone light 150 I think.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Apart from lightings I have some other stuffs from first batch of Taobao loots.

As I bought too much Taobao stuffs unable to share all the links if you need any links, let me know! :D:D

I know you must be thinking why I bought so many dustbins lol! :rofl:

Initially I wanted to have it in every rooms and 2 toilets but I found out that I do not have space for dustbins in toilets. Hence I am selling away the 2 rectangular pink + mint 5L (left side of the picture) both for $25 self collect at Punggol. (Not for fussy buyers!) :yamseng:

8BE3917E-460C-47BD-A7A7-C466AAAA1034_zps

97692001-428E-473F-B5D1-8A3BDDD6292F_zps

Ladder as towel rack. 

F88D16C0-6033-4867-93CD-820ED9A037CD_zps

@Changbp @sganimefan

I don't really have closed up pictures of the Singapore's version of the hook only have this picture taken. The one that is already attached on the fan is provided by Elmark Singapore and the one on the right is from Elmark Malaysia. The rod for Singapore's one is actually shorter. Maybe could be one of the reason which is why the fan is not as wobbly. 

9B016C90-4573-4A20-AF69-D8446CA27CEA_zps

2 hours ago, Reiken said:

Defintely more than Tampoi. 599 SGD for fan, 3 tone light 150 I think.

Wow okay, I think I only paid like sgd10-20 for the light kit from Tampoi no wonder its shaky :lol:

14 hours ago, huiamos said:

@lalashir love your choice of wall and floor tiles at your bathroom, turn out very well! We have very similar theme too, white, wood and cement. But adding in black to give a more maculine feel. =) 

@huiamos thank you! I had been reading your t-blog and your bachelor's pad is looking great too! :dancingqueen:

Buying ceiling fans at JB is definately a bargain! I bought 6 Ceiling fans from tampoi! :) Kena GST $71 at custom. Still way cheaper after tax compared to price in SG.

1 hour ago, sinalifmim85 said:

Buying ceiling fans at JB is definately a bargain! I bought 6 Ceiling fans from tampoi! :) Kena GST $71 at custom. Still way cheaper after tax compared to price in SG.

How do you carry back the fan from tampoi without a car? do you need carry it with you when declaring at custom?

11 hours ago, lalashir said:

Apart from lightings I have some other stuffs from first batch of Taobao loots.

As I bought too much Taobao stuffs unable to share all the links if you need any links, let me know! :D:D

Initially I wanted to have it in every rooms and 2 toilets but I found out that I do not have space for dustbins in toilets. Hence I am selling away the 2 rectangular pink + mint 5L (left side of the picture) both for $25 self collect at Punggol. (Not for fussy buyers!) :yamseng:

97692001-428E-473F-B5D1-8A3BDDD6292F_zps

Ladder as towel rack. 

F88D16C0-6033-4867-93CD-820ED9A037CD_zps

@Changbp @sganimefan

I don't really have closed up pictures of the Singapore's version of the hook only have this picture taken. The one that is already attached on the fan is provided by Elmark Singapore and the one on the right is from Elmark Malaysia. The rod for Singapore's one is actually shorter. Maybe could be one of the reason which is why the fan is not as wobbly. 

9B016C90-4573-4A20-AF69-D8446CA27CEA_zps

Thanks, looks like nothing to do with the u hook then. I'm using vento sole fan, also with modified short rod, also had wobble issues. Since I got my fan from Tampoi, the local distributor couldn't be bothered to entertain me. Refused to sell me the fan balancing kit too.

I also noted that the wobbling decreases with use. Probably the rubber on the u hook getting "seasoned". During after Reno packing I foundthat a fan balancing kit supplied with the fan, it's where u stick a weight to fan blade like how they do car tyre balancing. If you notice the weights don't stay on the tyres for long... I never got around to using the kit as I fear the weight to be a projectile over time when it loses its adhesion.may cause serious injury. May kill even if it fly out of the window and lands on someone's head due to high floor.

when the fan was first mounted, at low speed some wobbling, medium speed wobble like the fan going to drop off. I just swapped the blades around till I see it has least wobble and I let the fan run at low speed for a week. Thereafter no more wobble at low speed and intensity of wobble at medium decreased significantly. Then I did the same at medium speed.

never got to do the same for high speed yet though.

Edited by Changbp

13 hours ago, lalashir said:

LOL...... you really got lots of rubbish.... ha ha ha .

but you must clear them everynight.... else there will be bad smell if rubbish left over night and your little friends will come visiting.:unsure:

13 hours ago, fireaxe999 said:

How do you carry back the fan from tampoi without a car? do you need carry it with you when declaring at custom?

I do have a car. When at customs, u just have to show the receipt. They will just take a look at the items in the car to ensure it tallies with the receipt. After that, you will be told to park inside the red zone, together with the receipt, proceed to the payment counter and pay up. That's all. 

Hope that helps. :)

8 hours ago, Changbp said:

Thanks, looks like nothing to do with the u hook then. I'm using vento sole fan, also with modified short rod, also had wobble issues. Since I got my fan from Tampoi, the local distributor couldn't be bothered to entertain me. Refused to sell me the fan balancing kit too.

I also noted that the wobbling decreases with use. Probably the rubber on the u hook getting "seasoned". During after Reno packing I foundthat a fan balancing kit supplied with the fan, it's where u stick a weight to fan blade like how they do car tyre balancing. If you notice the weights don't stay on the tyres for long... I never got around to using the kit as I fear the weight to be a projectile over time when it loses its adhesion.may cause serious injury. May kill even if it fly out of the window and lands on someone's head due to high floor.

when the fan was first mounted, at low speed some wobbling, medium speed wobble like the fan going to drop off. I just swapped the blades around till I see it has least wobble and I let the fan run at low speed for a week. Thereafter no more wobble at low speed and intensity of wobble at medium decreased significantly. Then I did the same at medium speed.

Yup, it looks like its a different ceiling mount, and potentially a different downrod. Lucky for lalashir that Elmark Singapore had entertained her and managed to still save substantially!  =)

18 hours ago, sinalifmim85 said:

Yeah! The savings is really quite substantial when we buy the fans from JB. I believe the savings is even greater if we don't buy from Tampoi because they are selling the fans at a higher price but just that when we go there we were rushing for time so just go Tampoi for a fuss free shopping :D

18 hours ago, xiang38 said:

Ur toilet full length mirror, can pm the length and price and ur contacts. Thks.

Hi @xiang38 the mirror was provided by my contractor together with the carpentry hence I do not have the contacts. Sorry! 

17 hours ago, fireaxe999 said:

I think it will be quite hard to carry the fans back without a car because the boxes are really bulky. Maybe will be better if you try to go during off peak hours so that the buses will not be so crowded. Or maybe can try those JB - SG taxis? 

11 hours ago, Changbp said:

Wow your one seems to be pretty bad. Definitely would not want to take the risk either! When I got my fans from Tampoi, the salesperson there said that can try to install the fan motor on the ceiling first and put on the blades one by one so that it can balance better. But if you gonna try and it doesn't work you may have to tackle the wobble issues from lowest fan speed all over again :(

I am not sure if it actually work because when I asked the Elmark technician about this he said it doesn't help. 

2 hours ago, sganimefan said:

Yup, it looks like its a different ceiling mount, and potentially a different downrod. Lucky for lalashir that Elmark Singapore had entertained her and managed to still save substantially!  =)

Yeah! It's totally different from the outlook and the rod when compared with Tampoi's modified short version, Elmark Singapore's rod is almost half the length of the Tampoi's one.

Elmark technician told me that both Elmark SG and MY are under the same owner hence I guess that's the reason why they are willing to install the fans for me. 

But having said that, I'm not sure if local distributors' selling price include installation or not. If it includes installation, the savings that we get will not be that much after adding in the installation charges + buying of new ceiling hook from Elmark Singapore and after factoring local warranty. For this model of Elmark I mean. My Vento fino 2 savings is definitely worth the trip to JB :jammin:

9 hours ago, Tigaroo said:

LOL...... you really got lots of rubbish.... ha ha ha .

but you must clear them everynight.... else there will be bad smell if rubbish left over night and your little friends will come visiting.:unsure:

Hahaha! Kitchen one will need to clear daily but room one I think can lazy abit empty when full cuz it's mainly for tissues, makeup etc only should be ok. :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by lalashir

1 hour ago, lalashir said:

I think it will be quite hard to carry the fans back without a car because the boxes are really bulky. Maybe will be better if you try to go during off peak hours so that the buses will not be so crowded. Or maybe can try those JB - SG taxis? 

Wow your one seems to be pretty bad. Definitely would not want to take the risk either! When I got my fans from Tampoi, the salesperson there said that can try to install the fan motor on the ceiling first and put on the blades one by one so that it can balance better. But if you gonna try and it doesn't work you may have to tackle the wobble issues from lowest fan speed all over again :(

I am not sure if it actually work because when I asked the Elmark technician about this he said it doesn't help. 

Yeah! It's totally different from the outlook and the rod when compared with Tampoi's modified short version, Elmark Singapore's rod is almost half the length of the Tampoi's one.

Elmark technician told me that both Elmark SG and MY are under the same owner hence I guess that's the reason why they are willing to install the fans for me. 

But having said that, I'm not sure if local distributors' selling price include installation or not. If it includes installation, the savings that we get will not be that much after adding in the installation charges + buying of new ceiling hook from Elmark Singapore and after factoring local warranty. For this model of Elmark I mean. My Vento fino 2 savings is definitely worth the trip to JB :jammin:

Hahaha! Kitchen one will need to clear daily but room one I think can lazy abit empty when full cuz it's mainly for tissues, makeup etc only should be ok. :sport-smiley-004:

How much you bought the fino 2, and is it wobbly or hard to install? Looking to buy Fino 2, but dunno will have problem like u faced with the Elmark.

1 hour ago, Reiken said:

How much you bought the fino 2, and is it wobbly or hard to install? Looking to buy Fino 2, but dunno will have problem like u faced with the Elmark.

@Reiken I think I paid ard RM11xx close to RM1200 for Vento Fino 2. I think Fino 2's installation should be quite straightforward it was installed by my electrician without any issues. No wobbling etc. However you may want to note that Fino 2 is quite noisy when you on it at fan speed 3 which is the highest. Some light sleeper may not be able to endure the noise :)