Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
NextIn

NID Design Studio at 110 Geylang Lor 23 Victory Centre

Nice ID. I love how they manage to fit all stuff into the space neatly.

Those who would love to renovate their home or offices with customised wooden carpentry, check it out here: https://www.goldpines.com.sg/

Plus, beautify your home/office with amazing countertops from here: https://www.stoneamperor.com.sg/

They provides variety of stone-based products for your home and business.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

NID-419-Serangoon-1.jpg.a75b1ce6f81da13354e3429988754e4f.jpg

I think they change their name already. Now they are called BlackBoard Cunsultant.  I am their homeowner a few years back then. Also recommended by RenoTalk forumers. 
Love their design, their sales will always let me know what is the best for me. Have the least problem with them after meeting around 5 IDs back in my days. 

NID-419-Serangoon-2.jpg.9d3b13b4ad673ef560bc2d1fdb17dd00.jpg

NID-419-Serangoon-3.jpg.00cb490ee4c4495ad92e6b9e437edefc.jpgNID-419-Serangoon-4.jpg.2884200f943588c3f4c03bf51144312f.jpgNID-419-Serangoon-6.jpg.01c37ade2095c5a81fab25017251808e.jpg

NID-419-Serangoon-5.jpg.3b6e343848b574a473c3567ae36f5e8c.jpg

Still have the pictures of my housing, as it was featured in RenoTalk. Their workmanship is really good. You can look a the picture and knows from it. 
My husband and I are satisfied with his work. Okay la, like whatever we tell him throuh whatapps or what, quite responsive. Cause he is the boss himself. SO he look a his project and make sure deliver on time.  I remember he still include free aircons for us during that time. 

He would really be a big help if you are clueless about renovation lol

I would like to give a commendation to Randall & Michelle from NID Design & Build for beautifully completing my 4rm resale flat.

I had a list of 8 IDs and by weekend I was down to 2. In the end, I choose Randall & Michelle is because my first impression of them was excellent. They used 3D CAD software to articulate their design and also to demonstrate the feasibility of our ideas on the spot. Randall has been professional in his advice especially his inputs when I needed help with a problem with the previous owner. Michelle has also been very prompt in all my queries and managed all the renovation schedule, and rectifications, efficiently

Overall, I am very satisfied with the overall quality of work and the dedication of both Randall and Michelle for treating my renovation as if it were their own home. This has been a very comfortable journey with alot of pleasant surprises from them. Keep it up!

Hmm...last post is on May 2016.
Since then no one engage NID Design anymore?
Anymore reviews please?

*Edit*

Sent email to NID directly on 14 April Good Friday, and till end of Monday still got no one reply. Oh well.

Edited by ryanyth

Hi All, 

Just want to share our experience on our first house renovation. 

After going thru the similar shortlisting process as what new house owner will usually do we finally decided on NID Design - ID Jane Liang. 

One thing that I felt as ID must possess is good communication skill and efficient working process. Jane are good at both. She is prompt in reply and responsive yet not pushy.

Unlike some Design consultant she have her own idea in design the house and try to understand the design that we are keen on and advise her design and idea.

During renovation she will use whatsapp and give us update on the status with photos and also provide advise to resolve hiccup during the process of renovation 

Post renovation, 1 year warranty was given for the work done by NID. Be it questions asked or repair needed  she still reply and act promptly. That is very commendable. Thank you, Jane! 

Hope you guys find the post helpful. If you are doing renovation soon no harm include her in your ID shortlisting list. 

Hi everyone!

Just want to share on our ID from NID Design - Jane Liang. 

1) Personality: She made us feel at ease. No hard-selling. She was incredibly patient and helpful throughout the entire process. 

2) Professionalism / Work Ethics: Jane is very on-task and organised. As the entire process can be overwhelming for first-time house owners, Jane patiently brought us through the different stages before we embarked on the renovation process. We opted for a minimalistic look plus a Scandinavian feel for our home. We really appreciated all her creative inputs, especially when we could not decide on a certain colour or design. She was not coercive and gave us the autonomy to decide. On top of that, Jane displayed great dedication in her work. There were a few minor touch-ups to be made after the renovation and she personally came down to help paint some parts of the walls in our living room. 

3) Communication: Jane was very prompt in her replies to our countless queries, be it through Whatsapp or calls. There was never a time where we had to wait long for her response. This is really a plus point.

4) Cost: Slightly higher than some of the companies we shortlisted but it wasn't an issue because it was just a small difference.

5) Workmanship: She ensured that the entire workmanship was up to standard by dropping by our place every now and then to check on the progress. She would update us through photos via Whatsapp. 

It's been more than 5 months since the completion of the renovation, and we must say that we have made the right decision in engaging Jane as our ID. Overall, we are really pleased with Jane's service and would really recommend her! Thank you, Jane! (:

We hired NID for the renovation of our condo. It was a big renovation; walls had to be demolished, new walls build, all floors renewed, walls tiled, sanitary, kitchen, paint; everything. And they did an awesome job! I was very careful when I decided on the contractor and went through 6 different quotations before I choose NID. They stayed within the agreed budget and timeline. I worked with Alan who is dedicated, passionated, service oriented and worked very hard to get everything done exactly how I wanted it to be. He also spoke about other solutions or creative new ideas with me when applicable. The end result is fantastic. A couple of months after ending this project we are still very satisfied about the end result. 

Our ID was Jane Liang.She was very patient and attentive to our needs.

We came to her with an idea of having a dark gothic cum "Anna Sui" type of house. Meanwhile, we didn't want our home to appear as too dark (so as to avoid any comments from our parents).

Jane has done a fantastic job of designing according to what we envisioned ,while striking a nice balance in the colours. In fact,our parents were quite happy with the turnout.

Also,kudos to Jane for having the patience and spending so much time with us. As my hubby and I were indecisive selecting the colours (for the walls and laminated pieces),she ensured that we had the adequate amount of time to think through all colour combinations,before coming to a decisions.

To all for those who are interested in NID Design Studio.....

Just a shoutout to one of the ID there - Jane Liang!

Got her contact from one of my wife's colleague and that's how we started this reno journey with NID. As usual, we all will do our homework and researched many contractors & IDs. So why Jane / NID?

1. She never hard sell her service and gives us room to be share our desires during our first consultation. And she was always willing to listen to our views. But at times, she would let us know her thoughts on her creative inputs without being insistence; allowing us to grow to like the idea eventually.

2. The rates provided were very reasonable; though slightly higher, compared to a 'pure' contractor. But it was justifiable as she was able to provide us with more details on the design elements & the feasibility on each design. Think I was willing to pay a bit more just for the advice.

3. Abilities to handle all my request of the "many samples" and non stop queries on the design and reno. Cos we all want to be assured before committing and Jane was able to do that by willing to provide all the info I need.

So here's 2 reasons why you should choose Jane because I had tired them:

1. Diligence and promptness - her willingness & dedication is off the chart. As a client, your desire is to hope that your ID responds to your query immediately and Jane had not failed to do so. As we all know that there is no perfect renovation but she is always there to solve each problem and make this journey a smooth sailing one. 

2. Adaptability & problem solving - as mentioned, there will always be something that will crop up during a renovation work. Which doesn't? So be it like the design of the door, preference choice of wall kerbs, wrong dimensions of cabinets all were solvable because she was willing to attend to it. So kudos to her. Thank you Jane!

Go for NID & Jane, if this resonate and sometimes you just got to meet up first and see if this working relationship works man! You can contact her @ jane@nid.com.sg

Han & Jenny

I was searching from Nov to Dec last year for a interior designer and was recommended by a friend to get a quotation from this forum. I finally decided with Jane from NID in Jan this year after going through about 6 other IDs. The reason is because she doesn't hard sell you and make you decide on the spot.  Due to my busy schedule, she was able to respond to my updates very quickly through email and this save me a lot of time. The 3D and technical drawing took a while, probably due to CNY period since most of the workers go home. The entire project completed in slightly over 1 month with minor touch up afterwards. Overall, i am satisfy with my 1st renovation project.