Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
NextIn

NID Design Studio at 110 Geylang Lor 23 Victory Centre

We have engaged Vincent from NID for our new 4-room BTO in Jurong East. Overall experience with him has been very pleasant!

Here's our journey so far..

Before renovation

1. Our reno is a simple one with zen/cosy theme and we have a rather tight budget to work on – Vincent is able to work within our comfort zone and also throw in extra items for us (hee hee..) We have read many reviews of IDs who did not deliver their promises or attitude turning cold once customers sign in the dotted line.. but Vincent is one who is super on-the-ball and has not disappointed us. So thumbbbs up to him! :good:

2. We went to a few IDs before confirming with him – the mutual feeling that he gave my husband and I is that he is one who really knows his stuff (and not throw smoke bomb / pushy) and we know our house will be safe in his hands. He gives really good advice and creative suggestions along the way. And a plus point - he can sketch well on the spot, giving us a good visualization as we elaborate on the skeletal designs and colour that we prefer! The 3D designs took quite fast to come back after a few minor round of edits – we shared on the images that we like and combining with his ideas, we were very pleased in general! Yeah!

During and renovation coming to an end very soon

3. Once we collected the keys, we messaged him and he went down for site visit together with us to check on the defects the following day. Very prompt actions and on-the-ball! He highlighted some small areas of defects that skipped our eyes – very sharp-eyed, detailed and a responsible guy we would say, which is a few of the important factors in engaging an ID because new homeowners (like us) would be none the wiser too.

4. Workmanship – final turnout is very close to our 3D designs. Overall workmanship, installation and carpentry has been good so far – so satisfied! There is post-reno service provided too, so not much a worry to us. :sport-smiley-003:

5. Service – he is prompt in replies via whatsapp & call, no matter how big or small the matter will be. For any defects / issues, he will check & rectify fast. We will take photos and whatsapp him and problems are always resolved! He even goes the extra mile to help us liaise and receive many furniture deliveries as we were away on honeymoon and even now that we are back (‘coz we are busy working) and that being said – this meant he has to travel to JE often (which is quite far for his office @ East area) and we are thankful for it! If there are any defects in the new furniture delivered, he will take photo and inform us so we will not lugi.

6. Personality – a few traits that we observed of him: prompt, positive attitude, creative, responsible and meticulous! Glad he din't get irritated to death by us. LOL.

Vincent has been a great help to us and we would strongly recommend him! Happy renovating folkss!! :lol:

Edited by Claricezz

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi,

I'm currently looking for an ID company with good reputation. Read the reviews here and was thinking of visiting the showroom this weekend. Can anyone recommend me an ID, Sam, Vincent or any other I may missed out ?

Juz wanna share some thoughts when engaging an ID. After slightly over 2 months of renovation, I have finally moved into a home that I look forward to coming back :)
After meeting up with a few firms, I have chosen NID based on my feeling that I could trust them in terms of designs and dont give me much hassles ha..
I just communicated to them that I want a sleek, modern and cosy home with 3 colors in mind,,,,black, white and grey as you can see from the below 3 pics (living and dining area)
And throughout the whole process, I just concentrated on sourcing for furnishings and electrical items. And I let them make most of the decisions, including the color coordination and surface materials, and that really gave me alot more free time ha.
The whole renovation was a bliss as they have taken the initiative to resolve any issues.
Sharing more pics on my favourite island in my room and peranaken kitchen wall tiles hehe...
Trusting your ID that he would handle the whole project with his heart and really take good care of your house is very important. I really appreciate that they had taken over all the 'headaches' that arise from any renovation project from me ha. I am really grateful to Sam and Jay, and the friendly NID team as well :) Few years down the road if I need to do any reno, I am sure I do not have to go sourcing for IDs again haha...
Best Regards,
Jade
Living/Dining Area:
med_gallery_70329_846_16494.jpg
med_gallery_70329_846_18571.jpg
med_gallery_70329_846_120126.jpg
Kitchen:
med_gallery_70329_846_201520.jpg
Walk in wardrobe:
med_gallery_70329_846_75971.jpg
med_gallery_70329_846_126304.jpg

Guest Vicki Goh

They are HDB licensed contractor ... i found them on HDB website so are they GST registered company too?

Hi everyone,

This is my first posting in Renotalk, and this is not a sales promo or advert, its purely an account created just to say many thanks to the ID which helped me with my reno given the very tight schedule.

The event started with me getting the keys to my new (resale) flat on the 27th May, but I had to vacate my existing place on the 28th June, so basically its only 4 weeks max to complete everything... and the everything means to hack up the entire 5-room flat and re-do it swee swee for us to move in on the 27th June.

I'd been to quite a number of ID firms, and they always commented that they need 6 weeks min for my project, until I met this young guy from NID Interior. After I described what had to be done, he gave me a pretty confident look and said " Can. Let me finish it for you by the 27th June". I usually would not trust a person easily as I'd encountered countless hot-air trumpeting sales guys, but from the manner he presented his ideas and reno progression timeline, I know that he is an experienced ID who know his stuff well. So after a couple of meetups, I decided to sign up with them.

And so the reno started on the 27th May. The job scope includes a hacking of tiles and false ceiling for entire flat, followed by wholesale facelift for kitchen, living room, 2 toilets and master bedroom. Also inclusive in the project are of course the electrical re-wiring, painting and the final chemical washing. True to his words, the renovation is completed (95%) on the 27th June for us to move in ( some minor touch-ups are still needed though).

You might question the quality of works in such a tight schedule (I'm a bit skeptical too in the first place), but after viewing the completed piece for the first time, we are joyfully thankful to the ID for his effort in it. I would post a few photos of my flat later tonight if I've the time for it.

To conclude, the ID is the key figure for your reno journey. From the design, coordination with contractors, on-site monitoring to problem solving and liaising with service providers (Gain City, Singtel etc) this person is there to handle them all. Lucky for us, we managed to bump onto this responsible, experienced and yet friendly guy from NID Interior.

Btw his name is Vincent Tan.

Best regards and thanks,

DJ Tang

@Tammycth78 yah, there is an ID called Ron and he is the one that done up for the latest Industrial feel theme house shown on the Facebook (NID design studio). The one that shared by owner Chris Gee. Love the feel and had contacted him as my ID for my upcoming BTO!!! ^^ If you need his contact let me know so that i can PM you his number. He is quite a nice chap! :good:

Edited by Polkadots08