Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bernicelogy

My New Place At West Side of Sunny Island

Dear fellow sisters and brothers,

need some advices for my new place.. just realised contractor tends to charge more expensive cost if you're staying in a prime place..

Amended with pictures.

image.jpeg

Edited by Bernicelogy

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi, I find that it is good if you could go to several contractors/IDs to source for quotations. Also, if you are staying in a condo, it would depend on the restrictions in the by-laws when it comes to reno and therefore, the contractors/IDs may factor these into their quotes leading to a higher quotation.

Thanks JohnJohn for the indications. No in-laws..so it's just 2 person .. In a 3 room..gotten several quotes but all seems to hit 80k for a simple reno of just 2 rooms + 2 toilets and a kitchen.. *shrugs*  Just thinking of getting multiple contractors to cut cost..lol.. 

Private condos renovation are always more costly compare to normal HDB. One reason is that condo has a higher ceiling, hence more cost for full height carpentry. Second, ID/contractor are bonded by condo management restriction, rules and regulation, causing extreme inconvenience in certain cases. So additional cost are factored when quoting. Yes it may sound unfair but this is the fact nowadays.

I suggest you to shop around a little for more ID/contractors before you commit. Perhaps you can also share some major scope of work with us so we can see if it really need 80k to do up a 2 bed room condo.

Lastly, you floor plan cant be seen. Tooooooooooo small. Also it does not have dimension.