Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Review of our fans so far... 

As we both drooled over some forummers haiku fans, we thought this time round we would like to get a haiku fan for our huge living room. Thus the husband went to email them(the main distributor) our floor plans and asking some questions. Sad to say we were not impressed with the service or the performance other than the aesthetics part of the fan. It is a really good looking fan but am I willing to fork out THOUSAND plus for the one and only fan? I guess not. Thus we were disappointed. 

Since my colleague mentioned that he went to JB to buy KDK fans, I thought lets have a look. Sadly to say we were also disappointed as most shops in JB do not display their KDK fans and most models were not reccommeded for HDB flats. 

So we looked around more and chanced upon a really good looking fan. I believe its called Aeratron. They come in 60", 50" and 43". They had the fan on display at Tampoi Lighting Shop and we tried it and we fell in love with it. Thus we bought our living room fan from there. As usual, I think we are super lousy at bargaining, and therefore the price we got the 60" fan was about RM1500. (which we found out was RM250 more than other shops!) 

Not knowing nor reading about this fan's reviews we just went ahead and bought it. And then after googling more and asking around more, we found out about this shop HT Lighting, which sold the aeratron at RM1250 regardless of the size! Therefore we bought another 4 more fans from them. 2 of the 50" for Dining room and Mum's room. And 2 of the 43" for the masterbedroom and brother's room. 

So far I'm loving it. If i can go back i would change the 60" to the 50". Because apparently the motor of all the fans are the same regardless of the blades. Thus the one with the 60" goes slightly slower. Since it is a DC Fan, the air flow is very soothing, something like a sitting by the beach and the wind continuously blows over you. This is by far the most silent fan I have ever used comparing to my previous house of using relite fans and fanco fans. 

Thus, I am satisfied with my purchase... Bye bye haiku. I will never consider you again. 

Living room 60"

IMG-20160506-WA0044.jpg

Masterbedroom 43"

IMG-20160512-WA0021.jpg

Brother's room 43"

IMG-20160510-WA0012.jpg

Mum's room 50" (pardon the hanging light, was installed incorrectly)

IMG-20160506-WA0047.jpg

Fou our study room, we scouted around JB for fans with lights BUT the light was too dim or the design too ugly. Thus we stuck to the Fanco that we are used to. 

IMG-20160508-WA0007.jpg

Update on Kitchen...

At last the most anticipated item for my kitchen is here! My countertop. I so cannot wait to cook and bake in my new kitchen!

We went two weeks ago on a Monday to Kranji to choose our granite tops. It was scorching hot i tell you but these were the two we picked.

This will be for the main kitchen counter, where the stove an sink are. If I remember correctly this is from India, but it is not black galaxy. Had used black galaxy for my previous house and wanted a change. Thus this caught my eyes. :) 

IMG-20160513-WA0007.jpg

This was our chosen one for the island. This is Italian granite. Sound expensive hor but they cost the same. lol... about $160 per foot.

IMG-20160513-WA0006.jpg

Kitchen after installing. Still not done: plumbing and tap. 

IMG-20160507-WA0013.jpg

Close up of the surface

IMG-20160527-WA0012.jpg

Kitchen IslandIMG-20160507-WA0011.jpg

After installing, I kind of prefer the look of the island! Its got the hotel feel.. lol. But oh wells, next time then. 

We also got them to cut from the sink cut out to make ledges for our bathrooms. something like this... (pic from Crate and Barrel)

IMG-20160516-WA0019.jpg

All that will be installed today. will update again with pics. :) 

cantiknye rumah...siap in time for raya tak? heh heh...

i was kinda wondering what my lighting options are if i were to install ceiling fans in the bedroom. I kinda thought we would have no choice but to use fans with lights. what kind of lights are you using in the bedroom?

14 hours ago, gumbokins said:

cantiknye rumah...siap in time for raya tak? heh heh...

i was kinda wondering what my lighting options are if i were to install ceiling fans in the bedroom. I kinda thought we would have no choice but to use fans with lights. what kind of lights are you using in the bedroom?

Haha i really hope sempat for raya. Now moving in while minor rectifications are ongoing. It is a tiring process summore puasa.. lol

for my mum's room and bro's room i use those typical ceilling lights but cos their rooms are rectangle in shape, i divide by 2 and light up their working area with the lights and fans will be above their beds. This does cause some darkness in certain parts of the room but oh wells, they are not studying in the room its just for chilling and sleeping and changing clothes right. 

For my master, i have the l-box with the down lights and cove lighting as well. As for my study, its basically a square room thus i have to stick to the fan with light which i choose Fanco. 

Hope this helps.

14 hours ago, Danmify said:

Your kitchen looks awesome! Especially the island! Really very hotel lux!

Haha i know right.. i love the texture. 

On 1 June 2016 at 8:25 AM, blackainmamba said:

My ariston standalone cooker is in... ohh soo excited!IMG-20160531-WA0067.jpeg

How much does the standalone cooker cost? That looks like a huge oven below the stove? Thinking to update my parents house with one.

Edited by Changbp

Hi, is the ramp at the door entrance portable or fixed type? Also for your master bedroom, are you using parquet flooring ?

Can pm me uncle P contact? thanks :)

On 6/15/2016 at 4:48 PM, Changbp said:

How much does the standalone cooker cost? That looks like a huge oven below the stove? Thinking to update my parents house with one.

Hi Changbp, the standalone cooker cost about 2.8k from mega.. yes the oven is slightly bigger than a normal one. 

On 6/18/2016 at 2:17 AM, SonOfTPY said:

Hi, is the ramp at the door entrance portable or fixed type? Also for your master bedroom, are you using parquet flooring ?

Can pm me uncle P contact? thanks :)

The ramp can be removed. But the way they did it, it looks soo seamless that its as if its fixed. All my rooms are using burmese teak flooring. Will pm you his contact.. sorry for the late reply i am overseas now.

On 6/15/2016 at 11:42 AM, fireforge said:

Hi can check with you if the aeratron fans are cooling for living and bedrooms? The area of wind coverage is it wide as well for the living room?

The aeratron fans are very cooling but i guess with ceilling fans there is a limited area that it covers. The coverage to me is more than the blade area which is better than my previous fan which is fanco. 

But for my rooms, i put it above the bed and its really cold at night. I used to on aircon and fan everynight in my previous house but with this juz the fan is more than enough and we dont even use the highest speed. 

For my livingroom, we supplement the fan with a smaller fan from the corner. Its the fino fan, see attached pic. And this fan is superb! It blows air from the corner of my living room to those areas which are not covered by the aeratron fan. fino-natural.jpg

I guess all in all its the placement of the fan that matters no matter which fan you choose. Hope this helps you...