Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi,

Your new home is really nice! I also bought an aeratron fan recently. Can you pm me the electrician that do the fan installation? Thank you very much!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
On 18/08/2016 at 6:09 PM, stray said:

Hi @blackainmamba

Me again with another question! I love love love this slab of italian granite that you used on your island. Can you let me know where in Kranji did you go to procure this beauty?? :wub:

hi stray, i got it from Hua Khian.. you can google them. main office is at Defu lane... i will talk more about this granite in next post...

Im back! Have been super bz settling in open houses and lotsa weddings to attend to on the weekends.. 

This is my island countertop in the showroom.

IMG-20160902-WA0017.jpg

I have a thing about the granite on my kitchen island. while its so gorgeous and lovely with its white veins and sparkly bits, it is such a pain in the butt to maintain. Expensive things must be fuss-free? no? As much as I love the marble-like pattern, the characteristics seems to mimic marble too.. That is not fun nor nice to look at! Whenever i leave a cold drink or juz anything on the granite top, it tends to leave a mark. and it is annoying. from the side view it looks faded and dull. only from the top view it looks majestic. 

here are pictures of the marks...IMG-20160902-WA0016.jpg

IMG-20160902-WA0014.jpg

As you can see its not smooth and shiny. It makes me wonder if they did not seal the granite properly. But according to the boss, its got a high content of iron in it.. lotsa granite jargon that i do not understand. he came twice to my house to polish and wax it, the shine lasted only one day.. next time we wiped, it cane back to the same looks faded and dull. why oh why!!!!

I cant live with that! Thus I told Uncle P I wanted to change. So we went shopping for a new top making sure it does not have the same characteristics as this one! After giving up our previous Italian car (high maintenance) now we giving up our italian granite.. also high maintenance. lol Lucky italian leather bags do not have this kinda characteristics... oopsss... 

ok back to topic... 

Here are our choices:

1st Choice

IMG-20160902-WA0018.jpg

2nd choiceIMG-20160902-WA0013.jpg

and last choice would be the same as our kitchen cabinet side granite...

IMG-20160902-WA0015.jpg

so what do u all think? which one is nice?

Here is a lived-in update of my house.. pardon the messiness.. 

My masterbedroom

IMG-20160902-WA0051.jpg

IMG-20160902-WA0048.jpg

The walk in closet... my fav part of the room cos i simply love the louvered door.  

IMG-20160902-WA0043.jpgIMG-20160902-WA0044.jpg

IMG-20160902-WA0050.jpg

Mums room so huge it can fit a queen bed, 2 chest-drawers and my dad's hospital bed.

IMG-20160902-WA0041.jpg

This would be my mums walk in what used to be the store room. I have now managed to live without a store room. We as a family have learnt to buy only what we need and de-clutter often. HeheIMG-20160902-WA0052.jpg

My study room which is now a temporary laundry room. I have yet to put in the study table and shelvings.. This Sept holidays would be the time to do this. Hopefully..

IMG-20160902-WA0054.jpg

Lastly my masterbedroom toilet... I have opted to not have showerscreen as i hate having glass anywhere.. i have a phobia that it will break or i slip n fall and it cuts me.. too much watching final destination oopsss... so its juz simple and plain all wet toilet.. hehe...

IMG-20160902-WA0047.jpg

IMG-20160902-WA0049.jpg

Alright there you go.. my home lived in... Alhamdulillah... 

Edited by blackainmamba

On 8/20/2016 at 4:06 PM, cwp8888 said:

Hi,

Your new home is really nice! I also bought an aeratron fan recently. Can you pm me the electrician that do the fan installation? Thank you very much!

Hi there it was uncle p's electrician who fixed for me.. i dont have his direct contact..

On 8/29/2016 at 6:27 PM, phelan77 said:

Hi. Can i have Uncle P's contact. Will be collecting my new flat keys soon.

On 8/30/2016 at 2:49 PM, cerealprawn said:

Can you please let me know uncle P's contact too?

Thank you so much!

On 8/30/2016 at 3:51 PM, jia_lim said:

Hi

Mind sharing Uncle P's contact?

Thanks.

Pssttt.... chk your PMs.... 

2 hours ago, blackainmamba said:

I have a thing about the granite on my kitchen island. while its so gorgeous and lovely with its white veins and sparkly bits, it is such a pain in the butt to maintain. Expensive things must be fuss-free? no? As much as I love the marble-like pattern, the characteristics seems to mimic marble too.. That is not fun nor nice to look at! Whenever i leave a cold drink or juz anything on the granite top, it tends to leave a mark. and it is annoying. from the side view it looks faded and dull. only from the top view it looks majestic. 

I AM SO GLAD YOU'RE BACK!!! I wanted to grab the EXACT SAME granite slab with those marble-like streaks after you posted your kitchen countertop! Crap, it sucks that the polish & shine doesn't last (but thanks for posting this as a warning for rest of us noobs)! :curse:But I also can't believe that you actually went shopping for a new countertop and DISCARDED YOUR GRANITE?! Will you be reusing it somewhere else in your home?

Are those water stains? I've heard that water stains (from setting down cups, etc) shows up super obvious on dark shiny countertops, hence some people are wary of it. 

Option 3 is the nicest IMHO! It's darker and sits well on your white island cabinets. 2nd option is nice too, but it looks more busy, but i guess water stains won't show up easily on it?

Like the glass-less bathroom! I'm not having any for mine too, 'cause I HATE CLEANING GLASS STAINS, haha! Yours feels bright and airy, nicely done! :jammin:

Woah, can't believe you redid the whole top... But I understand because it really doesn't look glossy at all! Esp the sample was suuuuuper glossy!

that said, I love the rest of ur pics. Esp your toilet! Now with the glass panels I have the same fear, also of it spontaneously combusting into a million tiny pieces -.- gonna go buy the safety sticker for it. 

On 2 September 2016 at 9:23 PM, blackainmamba said:

hi stray, i got it from Hua Khian.. you can google them. main office is at Defu lane... i will talk more about this granite in next post...

Thanks for the granite contact, shall go look see! :)

On 9/3/2016 at 0:17 AM, stray said:

I AM SO GLAD YOU'RE BACK!!! I wanted to grab the EXACT SAME granite slab with those marble-like streaks after you posted your kitchen countertop! Crap, it sucks that the polish & shine doesn't last (but thanks for posting this as a warning for rest of us noobs)! :curse:But I also can't believe that you actually went shopping for a new countertop and DISCARDED YOUR GRANITE?! Will you be reusing it somewhere else in your home?

Are those water stains? I've heard that water stains (from setting down cups, etc) shows up super obvious on dark shiny countertops, hence some people are wary of it. 

Option 3 is the nicest IMHO! It's darker and sits well on your white island cabinets. 2nd option is nice too, but it looks more busy, but i guess water stains won't show up easily on it?

Like the glass-less bathroom! I'm not having any for mine too, 'cause I HATE CLEANING GLASS STAINS, haha! Yours feels bright and airy, nicely done! :jammin:

I negotiated and had to top up quite a bit to change but they will take back the existing granite. Otherwise where am i to store a huge piece of stone slab.. hehe... that said i cant wait for the new one to come! We chose the blue pearl design.. hopefully this is better. 

On 9/3/2016 at 9:09 AM, bykaraanne said:

Woah, can't believe you redid the whole top... But I understand because it really doesn't look glossy at all! Esp the sample was suuuuuper glossy!

that said, I love the rest of ur pics. Esp your toilet! Now with the glass panels I have the same fear, also of it spontaneously combusting into a million tiny pieces -.- gonna go buy the safety sticker for it. 

I know right.. I think its irrational fear... even the hubs said so...