Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
2 hours ago, SimplePersonSimpleLife said:

The Door & The Gate

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Wow. I LOVE the main door and the gate! Gorgeous!

Is the main door 100% solid wood or solid with veneer?

18 hours ago, Raylowwl said:

Hi,

May I know where you got your door gate? Thanks

Ray

Hey @Raylowwl, door is from our contractor directly while we sourced our gate separately. The gate supplier had since retired... 

PS: We did up our place few years back so we are posting retrospectively and it's a shame that this gate supplier is getting old and his next generation wanted to move on to bigger things in life and not take over the business...

18 hours ago, Everdeen88 said:

Hi

your house looks fabulous! Can share the contact of your contractor please?

@Everdeen88, wld PM you in a bit!

17 hours ago, trcd said:

Wow. I LOVE the main door and the gate! Gorgeous!

Is the main door 100% solid wood or solid with veneer?

@trcd, the main door is full solid timber door stained to the tone/colour that my wife wants :)

11 hours ago, SimplePersonSimpleLife said:

Hey @Raylowwl, door is from our contractor directly while we sourced our gate separately. The gate supplier had since retired... 

PS: We did up our place few years back so we are posting retrospectively and it's a shame that this gate supplier is getting old and his next generation wanted to move on to bigger things in life and not take over the business...

@Everdeen88, wld PM you in a bit!

@trcd, the main door is full solid timber door stained to the tone/colour that my wife wants :)

@SimplePersonSimpleLife your wife has excellent taste! 

i love your kitchen ! can i have a look at the shoe cabinet at the side of your dry kitchen? Can you open? I am curious how you place your shoes in that small space

13 hours ago, trcd said:

@SimplePersonSimpleLife your wife has excellent taste! 

@trcd, I am not telling her this otherwise she wld go ya ya papaya... Hahahah :)

I do admit she does has better taste than me and well, runs in her blood I guess.

5 hours ago, seal33 said:

i love your kitchen ! can i have a look at the shoe cabinet at the side of your dry kitchen? Can you open? I am curious how you place your shoes in that small space

@seal33, thanks for your compliments. Let me do that when we are back home later tonight.

@seal33, as requested.

image.jpg

Upper tier shoe cabinet when fully opened. Right side for me...

image.jpg

and left side for wifey... 

image.jpg

Sharing equally is only as far as the top tier is concerned...

Wifey took up the whole lower tier...

image.jpg

Wifely wanted a single panel across the whole length of the shoe cabinet to create a more continuous feel and as such the cabinet door is actually heavy. Given the opening action is downwards, the weight of the cabinet door would actually cause the piece to slam down if your hand is not holding on to the door when opening. 

The solution to this is to install hydraulic lever on each end of the cabinet door panel to ensure a smooth and gradual drop from a closed to open position. Basically we just need to pull down the door a bit and the levers would bring the panel down on its own. Closing is similar in a reverse direction but using the anti-slam hinges to close the door fully.

Hi don't mind me asking. How much do you spend installing the glass panel for your master bedroom toilet? So pretty! And which glass company do you went to? Thanks

9 hours ago, seal33 said:

@SimplePersonSimpleLife 

Thanks a lot ! It looks so neat snd organized. I love it. The containers were bought separately? It seems to fit so well

@seal33, these containers are from Diaso! Actually we factor all the relevant measurements in mind when doing up the shoe cabinet. 

3 hours ago, liyahajis said:

Hi don't mind me asking. How much do you spend installing the glass panel for your master bedroom toilet? So pretty! And which glass company do you went to? Thanks

@liyahajis, would check and come back to you on the cost when I am home later. All the glass works are done up by Bernard (our contractor).