Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Didadi

Living Room - air con?

Hi, would like to get some views on whether air con is necessary in living room. We plan to get a ceiling fan. 

If air con is necessary, then what would be a recommended system 4 air con model? Thank you in advance !

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi,

My opinion... I would think that an aircon in the living room would be necessary due to possible haze from neighbouring country. This is especially so if you have young kids/babies, unless you can constrain them to the bedroom.

While there are additional costs to a system 4 + inverter compared to a system 3, if you spread out the cost over 10 yrs or so, i think it will be worthwhile installing.

Cheers

If you are ok with ceiling fan and if you don't live in harsh climate than it is suggested to don't install air con. Air con. is not good for health and it results in various health issues. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/7/2016 at 1:26 PM, roland said:

Hi,

My opinion... I would think that an aircon in the living room would be necessary due to possible haze from neighbouring country. This is especially so if you have young kids/babies, unless you can constrain them to the bedroom.

While there are additional costs to a system 4 + inverter compared to a system 3, if you spread out the cost over 10 yrs or so, i think it will be worthwhile installing.

Cheers

Indeed that would be a top reason to have one in the living room.

i would be having one bec in such humid country like singapore, this is almost a need for me for big families and useful for gatherings also at my home..not to forget not much difference in cost as what roland mentioned above..

On 5/24/2016 at 4:37 PM, Didadi said:

Hi, would like to get some views on whether air con is necessary in living room. We plan to get a ceiling fan. 

If air con is necessary, then what would be a recommended system 4 air con model? Thank you in advance !

In Singapore, weather so hot. Aircon in living room is a good investment. Esp good for there is guest coming over and when there is haze

Depends on the size of your living room. I think if you have big space you should put air con. But if not, a ceiling fan would still keep you cool and would not look too crowded.