Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Singaporeanowner

Complaint To CASE On My ID

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
47 minutes ago, hahnhahnhahn said:

what's the outcome of the whole case? I'm also going to complain to CASE about my ID..

Would You mind sharing your Case ? Thanks

On 11/27/2016 at 10:53 PM, Edger03 said:

Would You mind sharing your Case ? Thanks

A summary

1) ID mislead us in believing that they are HDB registered. They even state in the quotation that they will help us apply reno permit. They also showed us photos of their past HDB renovations. We just checked with HDB and found that this ID is not HDB registered, but it was kinda late now.
2) ID informed us 5 weeks for the whole renovation (since 12 Oct). But until now not yet finish, she further informed us the completion will be on 13 Dec. Currently, we have no place to stay other than hotel.
3) One of her worker was scolding and aggressive towards my wife. We made a police report thereafter and the worker shall not enter the house and do any work anymore.
4) ID informed she will not carry on with the unfinished painting work as her worker cannot enter our house.
5) Photos of damages - skirting not done properly (with a big gap) and cornice not covered back.

Basically, she did not fulfill the contract with us. We regret engaging this ID as her delivery was poor, since she is not HDB registered.

What's our chances of getting compensation if we go to CASE or small tribunal court?

Edited by hahnhahnhahn

Sometime the IDs may not be HdB registered but their main cons are.  Best is try to talk to her again and see if she can offer any solution . If can't then go to CASE . I am Sorry to hear what you going thru now. 

On 11/30/2016 at 9:50 PM, Edger03 said:

Sometime the IDs may not be HdB registered but their main cons are.  Best is try to talk to her again and see if she can offer any solution . If can't then go to CASE . I am Sorry to hear what you going thru now. 

Well, current situation is that they stop work completely.. My kitchen is only half way done.. Door paint half way done.. They are asking for more money, but we are not giving in. I have lodged a complaint to CASE, meanwhile I will have to find another contractor to come in and finish the remaining work..

I had experienced the same thing as you, but with different ID. I only asked him to paint the whole house and told him that we have to shift in on certain date.

On the date it self, the house still  very messy until i had to call his boss and ask him to clear the house. 

Previously he did asked me to clean the whole house by myself... or ask my son to do it...........

when his boss asked him to clean my house, he brag at me and say... see i help you clean your house......

shouldn't that his job? and until now the painting is unfinished.... seriously i spent $4500 only for painting and the quality sucks... :(

On 26/05/2016 at 6:08 PM, rapala1982 said:

is it this guy?

http://www.impressiondesignfirm.com/about-us/

as a home owner i totally understand your predicaments and that's the reason i been reading up renotalk for around 2 years before finding the reputable id for my home. i believe you are new to renotalk with just 3 post to alert fellow samaritans to be wary of such bastards. screwing up your dream home can be really daunting and the journey to go through case can be even worse.

have to all stop these incorrigible ids by shaming them. 

Agree with you. Owners of such dishonest set ups should be charge in court imho.  Not only small claims.  Most home owners in Singapore spent their life savings buying a home and doing the home up nicely, these idiots ruin everything ...... I always feel that there should be a regulating board on IDs in Singapore , there is no control now and any tom dick harry can register a company and claim to be and ID or a matter of fact "facilitator" of a renovation project aka ID aka contractor..... home owners are just not protected.....

Thanks for sharing your experiences with us.. feel sorry for you, as a new home owner, definitely can understand the pains and frustrations you are going through. Hope everything turned out fine for you in the end.