Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

A matching coffee machine :D

Will fit in nicely once the kitchen cabinetry is up...

nespresso.jpeg

I have a lot more shopping to do :help: Luckily GSS is til 14 August!

1 hour ago, trcd said:

Still progressing a little bit each day!

All plastering done... Cabinets waiting for measurement. Can't see the floor as it is mostly covered by cardboard to protect it.

IMG_2102.JPG

The system 3 air con has just gone up! Pics to come this weekend.

@Honeylee your progress is amazing though. looks like you can move in very soon!

I guess cus we didnt plaster our walls haha!

And also our contractor got us to confirm our carpentry pretty early so they can prepare while tiling works are going on.

Our tentative handover date is 9Jul :)

i see that you have changed your room entrance. Thats awesome and create more space. Initially we also wanna hack this and that and build walls but our contractor say that that would increase our cost alot and since we are only planning to stay for a good 5yrs and wanna save then do minimal.

cant wait to see more updates!

Had some hiccups here and there, and was tearing my hair out over some parts of the renovation... Trying to ensure that things are done properly and going according to schedule. It appears that we are slightly behind time... Haiz.

Windows; grilles not done yet...
4.JPG   5.JPG

Kitchen flooring taken during earlier days; now completed
1.JPG

Living room flooring taken during earlier days
2.JPG

Now looking good:
3.JPG

On 7/12/2016 at 11:25 PM, trcd said:

Had some hiccups here and there, and was tearing my hair out over some parts of the renovation... Trying to ensure that things are done properly and going according to schedule. It appears that we are slightly behind time... Haiz.

Windows; grilles not done yet...
4.JPG   5.JPG

Kitchen flooring taken during earlier days; now completed
1.JPG

Living room flooring taken during earlier days
2.JPG

Now looking good:
3.JPG

Nice flooring trcd.. looks clean and bright and the wood tiles are really pretty! Mine is progressing slowly as well. Went to take a look on Tuesday and they only did up part of the toilet wall tiles. I'm rushing to buy lights and accessories but the contractor is telling me to take it easy. I don't even know when to apply for NetLink! (ex Open Net).

@trcd, I rather the tiler take their time to lay the tiles properly, screed the area well than for them to do a sloppy job which would come back to hunt us down the road with cracked/popped up tiles and worse water seeping etc...

Could see your reno progressing fine so keep it going! 

I gave in and bought a ceiling fan... Did not want one with lights, so settled for a woody one.

6.JPG

Bought some LED lights too... They have all yet to be installed. Lighting is still one of my biggest worries actually, as it's quite hard to visualise the brightness levels. Eventually decided to have pendants instead of track lights. My buddy says nothing is unchangeable... If really fail, then get electrician to redo lor. What to do right...

Also bought table lamp and floor lamp - they will only be delivered early August.

5.PNG      7.JPG

Edited by trcd
typo

2 minutes ago, lushiris7 said:

wad is required to install ventilator fan? need approval from authorities?

Yes you need a permit from HDB. Quite easy to install though - it is fixed onto the glass panel. The window people did the installation after my other windows were completed.

On 15 July 2016 at 9:28 AM, Catt said:

Nice flooring trcd.. looks clean and bright and the wood tiles are really pretty! Mine is progressing slowly as well. Went to take a look on Tuesday and they only did up part of the toilet wall tiles. I'm rushing to buy lights and accessories but the contractor is telling me to take it easy. I don't even know when to apply for NetLink! (ex Open Net).

My contractor also not gan-chiong! I'm the only one panicking... I'm just looking at the schedule everyday and wondering why there is little to no progress, after all the tiling works.

As @SimplePersonSimpleLife pointed out, it is better for them to do a proper job and I totally agree. However, I have found some rather irksome defects here and there, and have asked for rectifications. So far, really progressing very slowly...

Hi trcd, ur place is looking good! I had lights issues as well cos bought most of my lights from TB and not sure how bright it will turn out. But one can always add a floor lamp for dark corners :sport-smiley-004:

My living room chandelier has warm light, good for watching tv. Dining table has edison lights, has the cafe feel but I might just change to normal LED to save electricity... lol

Im so excited to read the blogs, bring me back to my reno days :P

I've been running around like a headless chicken the past 2 months... even gone to god-forsaken places...

Here's my list:

Furniture:
-Commune (much better service at Millenia Walk than Defu Lane)
-Space
-Grafunkt
-Harvey Norman
-Teak & Mahogany
-Lush
-Comfort
-King Living
-Second Charm
-Castlery
-Lorgan's
-Picket and Rail

Sanitary stuff:
-Teck Joo
-Hosin
-Adamas

Lightings:
-Chan Huat (highly recommended)
-Megaman
-Lights Evolution
-BL
-Citilights
-lightings.com.sg (awful service)
Also walked along Balestier road for lightings but not much caught my eye...

I must that that although it is a fun process, it is soooo bloody exhausting!