Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
daolevo

A Bachelor's Bedok 4 Room Flat

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

May i know which part of the house do u use tiles from taobao?

Do you have the supplier link? i was thinking 600 x 600, 9mm thick..do u think it break easily?

what recommendations would you give for buying tiles from taobao from your experience?

For laying over, what thickness of the tiles is good? 

How much did you pay and if compare buying in spore, how much percent would u save?

Thanks!!!! :)

On 7/7/2016 at 9:56 PM, daolevo said:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Hi Daolevo,

Thanks for sharing your journey. Glad to finally come across someone who coordinated their reno with HIP!

I am thinking of the exact same layout/plan for my master bathroom; knock down the wall, install a tub, extend the bathroom by 60cm to accommodate the vanity/washbasin and raise a new wall to separate the room from bath. Still sitting on the fence regarding new bathroom entrance.

How did you coordinate the tub installation with the HIP works? I am opting to do both the toilets under HIP but was told that I need to get my own contractor to install the tub and that my contractor will not be allowed to enter or do any works for the 10 days that the HIP contractors are working. 

Also, both our bathrooms are the same size. Do you find the bathroom "squeezy" after installing the tub? Would it be worse  a glass partition is installed to prevent water from splashing over for the times when you use the shower instead of tub?

On 10/20/2016 at 10:47 AM, Gold Sia said:

May i know which part of the house do u use tiles from taobao?

Do you have the supplier link? i was thinking 600 x 600, 9mm thick..do u think it break easily?

what recommendations would you give for buying tiles from taobao from your experience?

For laying over, what thickness of the tiles is good? 

How much did you pay and if compare buying in spore, how much percent would u save?

Thanks!!!! :)

Hi hi, here's the link: https://jiyoujia114556567.jiyoujia.com/shop/view_shop.htm?spm=a1z09.2.0.0.Wbe2sk&user_number_id=2272977779

I bought 300 x 300 & 300 X 600. Those 300 X 600 breaks easily. I wouldn't recommend buying from TB bigger than 300 X 300. Unless you want to risk and ask them use wooden crate box. Otherwise they are wrapped in papers. Even though they are happy to replace the broken tiles for you but it delays my work cos of the replacement delivery. 

Seriously, I lost count whether I saved or not.. I heard the tiles are not that expensive in Singapore. To save you the hassle maybe better to get in Singapore. Or JB? I haven't check JB out.

On 10/26/2016 at 11:09 PM, GoldieG said:

Hi Daolevo,

Thanks for sharing your journey. Glad to finally come across someone who coordinated their reno with HIP!

I am thinking of the exact same layout/plan for my master bathroom; knock down the wall, install a tub, extend the bathroom by 60cm to accommodate the vanity/washbasin and raise a new wall to separate the room from bath. Still sitting on the fence regarding new bathroom entrance.

How did you coordinate the tub installation with the HIP works? I am opting to do both the toilets under HIP but was told that I need to get my own contractor to install the tub and that my contractor will not be allowed to enter or do any works for the 10 days that the HIP contractors are working. 

Also, both our bathrooms are the same size. Do you find the bathroom "squeezy" after installing the tub? Would it be worse  a glass partition is installed to prevent water from splashing over for the times when you use the shower instead of tub?

hi hi, 

I let the HDB contractor do everything for the common toilet but only water proofing for my MBR toilet. I already communicated to the HDB contractor before hand, and during inspection together with my ID. So my ID briefed the Supervisor what he needed only to do was water proofing and changing the sewage pipe. The rest just leave it to my ID. 

I extended my toilet, so I feel more spacious now. Otherwise the original size is so squeezy that I think I would have claustrophobic. Anyway, ya I didn't couldn't get a long bathtub but I'm happy with the small size. Enough for me to soak half my body. 

I have a glass partition separating my bathtub and my basin area. So no water splashed out. The only thing is the glass would have water stains. So when doing housewarming, I have to clean the stains before guests come over. :P

ps. I love my small bathtub. Most of the time so cozy, I would lie down soak for a while before I changed and go to work. There are days I would add wild lemons into the bathtub. Well as they say wild lemons help to cleanse negative qi from your body. :P

Hi,

Notice u bought tonnes of stuffs from Taobao. Just seeking your advise which agent or forwarder u recommend if I wanna buy T5 lights in quantity of 5-10pcs? As I worry I might receive e goods in pieces n how to tell them to be extra careful? Any advise will be good, this.